Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Early Childhood Education  (Read 651 times)

• Liked: 2
Early Childhood Education
« on: March 20, 2018, 12:08:57 PM »
Hi all,

First time visiting the job forum - spending most of my time currently on the visa one as we are soon to apply :o - but thought I would see if anyone out there has been in a similar situation to my soon-to-be American wife.

She studied Early Childhood education at a well recognised college, and did exceptionally well throughout and clearly is very good at what she loves. She currently teaches at 4K level in the states (4/5 year olds) however her qualification allows her to teach up to equivalent of primary 4 level (Scotland system, probably similar for English).

We both feel like the nursery teaching route would be more suited to her as in Scotland there is no guarantee you will be teaching younger kids if you go down the primary teaching education route, albeit there is more money there.

Wondering if anyone out there went through anything similar and how they found the transition? Plus were there any hoops to jump through, or extra qualifications needed despite her having a good degree in teaching already from the US?

Thanks!
Met: 10 September 2014
Engaged: 15 August 2016
Married: 27 March 2018
Online App: 13 April 18
Biometrics: 17 April 18
Priority App Sent: 17 April 18
App Arrived Email: 20 April 18
Decision Email:

• Liked: 170
Re: Early Childhood Education
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2018, 06:52:15 PM »
Hi all,

First time visiting the job forum - spending most of my time currently on the visa one as we are soon to apply :o - but thought I would see if anyone out there has been in a similar situation to my soon-to-be American wife.

She studied Early Childhood education at a well recognised college, and did exceptionally well throughout and clearly is very good at what she loves. She currently teaches at 4K level in the states (4/5 year olds) however her qualification allows her to teach up to equivalent of primary 4 level (Scotland system, probably similar for English).

We both feel like the nursery teaching route would be more suited to her as in Scotland there is no guarantee you will be teaching younger kids if you go down the primary teaching education route, albeit there is more money there.

Wondering if anyone out there went through anything similar and how they found the transition? Plus were there any hoops to jump through, or extra qualifications needed despite her having a good degree in teaching already from the US?

Thanks!

Does she already have her full teaching qualification in whichever state she lives, including passing any induction/ probabtion years?
2004-2008: Student Visa
2008-2010: Tier 1 PSW
2010-2011: Tier 4
2011-2014: Tier 2
2013-2016: New Tier 2 (changed jobs)
16/12/15: SET (LR) successful! - It's been a long road...
12/05/16: Citizenship ceremony!

• Liked: 2
Re: Early Childhood Education
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2018, 03:18:59 PM »
Yeah she is fully qualified. She has been teaching full time fully qualified since august last year :)

Met: 10 September 2014
Engaged: 15 August 2016
Married: 27 March 2018
Online App: 13 April 18
Biometrics: 17 April 18
Priority App Sent: 17 April 18
App Arrived Email: 20 April 18
Decision Email:

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab