Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR(M)- not getting biometrics/mail  (Read 3500 times)

• Liked: 30
FLR(M)- not getting biometrics/mail
« on: April 04, 2018, 07:58:10 PM »
It's been exactly 3 weeks now since my FLR(M) application has been delivered to the address listed on the application. 2 weeks ago payment was taken from my husband's bank account and we rechecked today and it definitely went through.

Now I am starting to panic because I have plans to see my mom in DC in May (no tickets booked yet), and I still haven't received the letter telling me to go to the post office and get my biometrics done. What is going on?? And is there any way/any use for me to contact UKVI about not yet receiving any mailed confirmation of my application?
Met: Aug 2013
Started Dating: Oct 2013
Engaged: Sept 2017
Online app submitted: 17 Oct 2017
Biometrics & mailed in: 20 Oct 2017
Received by Sheffield: 23 Oct 2017
Decision email:

• Liked: 3596
Re: FLR(M)- not getting biometrics/mail
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2018, 08:02:38 PM »
Sorry you haven't heard anything yet. It can take a couple of weeks to receive the biometrics letter anyway, and it might be that the Easter weekend has slowed things down a little bit too.

However, you could try to contact them on 0800 38 98 289, which is the number given in the FLR(M) guidance notes:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/673012/FLR_M_Guidance_Notes_-_April_2017.pdf

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2018, 08:03:14 PM »
It's been exactly 3 weeks now since my FLR(M) application has been delivered to the address listed on the application. 2 weeks ago payment was taken from my husband's bank account and we rechecked today and it definitely went through.

Now I am starting to panic because I have plans to see my mom in DC in May (no tickets booked yet), and I still haven't received the letter telling me to go to the post office and get my biometrics done. What is going on?? And is there any way/any use for me to contact UKVI about not yet receiving any mailed confirmation of my application?

Try this. I'm not sure if they will be able to access your case or not but I really hope they can help you.

UK Visas and Immigration contact centre
Telephone: 0300 123 2241
Monday to Thursday, 9am to 4:45pm
Friday, 9am to 4:30pm

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2018, 08:05:20 PM »
Thank you both, I will call tomorrow and see if I can get an update. I am mostly worried because my current address can be difficult to find, but the normal royal mail service finds the house just fine so I am sure I am overthinking it!
Decision email:

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2018, 08:14:38 PM »
Thank you both, I will call tomorrow and see if I can get an update. I am mostly worried because my current address can be difficult to find, but the normal royal mail service finds the house just fine so I am sure I am overthinking it!

If they can't help you by phone, you can always write to them. From the guidance notes ksand linked to above.

.15. Contacting us after you have applied
If you need to contact us after you have applied, please do so as follows.
To send us more information about your application, write to the following address (not the one to which you posted your application):
The Home Office
Initial Consideration Unit - FLR(M) Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon
CR9 2BY
and give the following details in your letter:
• the applicant’s full name, date of birth and nationality • any Recorded or Special Delivery number
• the date on which the application was posted or made in person • the Home Office reference number if you have one.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2018, 08:28:46 PM »

The biometrics letter will be delivered by Royal Mail.   :)

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2018, 04:27:17 PM »
Just tried calling the 0800 389 8289 number and got a recorded message saying "this number is not in service but continues to receive a large volume of calls."

So I tried the 0300 123 2241 number and got an automated recording saying they wont talk to me since my case isn't outside the normal processing period.

So I guess if it doesn't come in the mail today I will send off a letter tomorrow. On the bright side, the water bill finally arrived yesterday so I can now open a bank account!
Decision email:

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2018, 02:43:15 PM »
I wrote up and am mailing a letter to this address today:
The Home Office
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon
CR9 2BY

I found some FLR(M) timelines on another site and it definitely seems like mine taking almost 4 weeks thus far is unusual. A few people said that they received biometrics information online after submitting the app. I didn't do ANYTHING online for this application other than pay the IHS fee. Did I miss something I was supposed to do? And is there any use in contacting our MP to help with the situation?
Decision email:

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2018, 02:58:16 PM »
The Home Office
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon
CR9 2BY

I found some FLR(M) timelines on another site and it definitely seems like mine taking almost 4 weeks thus far is unusual. A few people said that they received biometrics information online after submitting the app. I didn't do ANYTHING online for this application other than pay the IHS fee. Did I miss something I was supposed to do? And is there any use in contacting our MP to help with the situation?

There are two ways to apply.  Online and by post.  By post is usually the preferred option but you do have to wait for the biometric letter.  If you apply online, it gives you the biometric letter as a part of the application to print and take to the post office.

I suspect your letter simply hasn't been delivered.  Hopefully the people you've contacted will give you a quick turn around. 

Hugs!  This is unfortunately a bit longer than most wait.  Usually the biometrics letter takes two weeks at the most.

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2018, 03:35:58 PM »
The Home Office
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon
CR9 2BY

You've done everything right. And the fact that your fee has been deducted means that we can be sure it's in the system. It does just look like it's been lost in the mail.
I think you'll do just as well writing to them yourself, I wouldn't bother getting the MP involved.

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2018, 10:57:19 AM »
Update: Still hasn't arrived  :\\\'( I called the 0300 123 2241 number again and chose the option saying it has been outside normal processing times so I could talk to someone and they said everything is fine and they wont look anything up until its been 2 months >:( Letter was sent last week and I havent heard anything back in that direction either.

I really hope it doesn't take until the 2 month point for them to realize I never got my biometrics letter because that means my trip home and our plan to move in October are probably out the window :\\\'(
Decision email:

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2018, 10:59:27 AM »
Update: Still hasn't arrived  :\\\'( I called the 0300 123 2241 number again and chose the option saying it has been outside normal processing times so I could talk to someone and they said everything is fine and they wont look anything up until its been 2 months >:( Letter was sent last week and I havent heard anything back in that direction either.

I really hope it doesn't take until the 2 month point for them to realize I never got my biometrics letter because that means my trip home and our plan to move in October are probably out the window :\\\'(

That's really awful.  And super unlucky.  Fingers crossed the letter gets better results!!!

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2018, 11:34:20 AM »

Sadly it doesn't surprise me that you got no help from the phone line although it would do no harm to call again, maybe a different person would understand the problem?

Did you send the letter by recorded delivery of some sort so you're sure it got there?

• Liked: 3
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2018, 11:39:17 AM »
I am kind of in the same boat. Sent application 26th March through recorded one day mail delivery. Got confirmation of the application received. Application fees withdrawn after Easter weekend. Not yet heard anything from them. Is the first communication from them is through Royal mail (bio metric appointment letter)? Or do they also send notification for application received?

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2018, 12:22:36 PM »
I am kind of in the same boat. Sent application 26th March through recorded one day mail delivery. Got confirmation of the application received. Application fees withdrawn after Easter weekend. Not yet heard anything from them. Is the first communication from them is through Royal mail (bio metric appointment letter)? Or do they also send notification for application received?

Hearing that I'm not alone in this situation is SO comforting! From what I've been told, we'll receive correspondence by royal mail.

I might try calling again on Monday but I don't think I could bear to do it again today. I sent the letter through the normal post, but for peace of mind I may send it special delivery tomorrow. Anything to calm me down is worth a shot!
Decision email:

Sponsored Links