Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR(M) 2018 Questions  (Read 3966 times)

• Liked: 1
FLR(M) 2018 Questions
« on: April 10, 2018, 11:17:12 AM »
Hi Everyone,

It's time for my first FLR(M) for my Wife - what joy!

I guess my first question is: is the online application system still buggy? We applied for our Spouse Visa using the old online system which was ok - if we need to apply by post this time that's alright but I just want to mentally prepare myself and make sure I have the right form (https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/apply-to-extend-stay-in-the-uk-as-a-partner-or-dependent-child-form-flrm).

Second question relates to the timing of when we need to apply. My Wife's current Spouse Visa expires on 28th May, so we were planning to submit our application on 2nd May (or just after). Does this sound about right, and should we stop to think about impact on timelines for ILR down the line?

Employment
Do I need to send my contract, in addition to the letter from my employer and my payslips? I've been working for the same organisation (local council) for 4 years, and have had several different roles during this period, but they have never issued me with a new contract, so all I have is a document relating to my first role. They won't issue me with a new one.

Income
Do I need my bank statements signed if they are not originals that came in the post? In the process of moving house I think some of my original statements have gone missing so I may need to print some from my online banking system and have the bank stamp them if this is still the requirement for online statements.

My last payslip will be dated 26 April, which will fit the 28 day evidence restriction for the timeline for submitting our application in early May, however my bank statement isn't available until the 12th of each month (and I won't get it through the post until a couple of days after this). What would you suggest I do to evidence my pay going into my bank account for April (do I actually have to do this for the most up-to-date payslip prior to the application)? I was thinking that perhaps I could give payslip and bank statement evidence for Oct - Mar and then just supply my payslip for April as extra? Not sure if this is permissible.

Accommodation
I own the property we live in - what documentation do I need to provide to prove this? (For the last visa application we were renting.)

Do I need to provide our tenancy agreements for the years since we've had the visa, when we were renting? It's for a privately rented property but has both our signatures and our landlord's signature on.

Is it likely to be an issue that my Wife's name isn't on any of our utility bills at our home? We have other correspondence evidence to supply including NHS and GP letters plus joint and single bank accounts for her.

Misc
Do I need to send off my passport, in addition to my Wife's passport and BRP? For the last application I paid £70 to get a copy of my passport notarised, but I've got a new passport since then and would rather not waste another £70+ if I don't have to!

Can we use any courier to send our postal application to Durham?

How do we go about the IHS payment with a postal application - is this part still done online?

Sorry for all the questions but I need to make sure I have everything straight in my head!

Thanks very much  :)

Gemma  :)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 11:30:48 AM by gemology »

• Liked: 6111
Re: FLR(M) 2018 Questions
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 12:01:28 PM »
Hi Everyone,

It's time for my first FLR(M) for my Wife - what joy!

I guess my first question is: is the online application system still buggy? We applied for our Spouse Visa using the old online system which was ok - if we need to apply by post this time that's alright but I just want to mentally prepare myself and make sure I have the right form (https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/apply-to-extend-stay-in-the-uk-as-a-partner-or-dependent-child-form-flrm).

Second question relates to the timing of when we need to apply. My Wife's current Spouse Visa expires on 28th May, so we were planning to submit our application on 2nd May (or just after). Does this sound about right, and should we stop to think about impact on timelines for ILR down the line?

Employment
Do I need to send my contract, in addition to the letter from my employer and my payslips? I've been working for the same organisation (local council) for 4 years, and have had several different roles during this period, but they have never issued me with a new contract, so all I have is a document relating to my first role. They won't issue me with a new one.

Income
Do I need my bank statements signed if they are not originals that came in the post? In the process of moving house I think some of my original statements have gone missing so I may need to print some from my online banking system and have the bank stamp them if this is still the requirement for online statements.

My last payslip will be dated 26 April, which will fit the 28 day evidence restriction for the timeline for submitting our application in early May, however my bank statement isn't available until the 12th of each month (and I won't get it through the post until a couple of days after this). What would you suggest I do to evidence my pay going into my bank account for April (do I actually have to do this for the most up-to-date payslip prior to the application)? I was thinking that perhaps I could give payslip and bank statement evidence for Oct - Mar and then just supply my payslip for April as extra? Not sure if this is permissible.

Accommodation
I own the property we live in - what documentation do I need to provide to prove this? (For the last visa application we were renting.)

Do I need to provide our tenancy agreements for the years since we've had the visa, when we were renting? It's for a privately rented property but has both our signatures and our landlord's signature on.

Is it likely to be an issue that my Wife's name isn't on any of our utility bills at our home? We have other correspondence evidence to supply including NHS and GP letters plus joint and single bank accounts for her.

Misc
Do I need to send off my passport, in addition to my Wife's passport and BRP? For the last application I paid £70 to get a copy of my passport notarised, but I've got a new passport since then and would rather not waste another £70+ if I don't have to!

Can we use any courier to send our postal application to Durham?

How do we go about the IHS payment with a postal application - is this part still done online?

Sorry for all the questions but I need to make sure I have everything straight in my head!

Thanks very much  :)

Gemma  :)

That links to the correct form FLR(M) and yes, stick with paper. We can't see the online form so even if it's no longer buggy, (it probably still is though) we can't help you as well.

If she came on a spouse visa, she can apply between 28 days prior to the date she entered the country and the expiration date.

Yes, bank statements must be stamped on every page by the bank or accompanied by a letter authenticating them.

If you own you'll need the land registry document which you can download for £3 and a recent mortgage statement. You don't need the prior rental information.

As long as you have enough other mail it doesn't matter that her name is not on the bills.

It's easier just to send your passport but if you don't, you'll need to send a copy of every single page although it doesn't need to be certified.

IHS is paid online.

Send with Royal Mail special delivery.

And it's a good idea to read the FLR(M)  guidance, it'll help with some of the questions!  :) https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/673012/FLR_M_Guidance_Notes_-_April_2017.pdf

• Liked: 6111
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2018, 12:04:08 PM »

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2018, 12:45:58 PM »
Thanks for your help Larrabee, much appreciated  ;D Just to clarify, for the evidence of owning our home, I need the Title register (online copy) for £3, and it's acceptable as-is (no additional verification)?

I have now re-read the guidance to remind myself, (I read it a couple of months ago and my head has since filled up with other stuff!), and whilst it has answered a few of the simpler questions, I do still have a couple remaining that are a bit more nuanced, so I could really do with some advice on them please!

Employment

Income

Thank you  :)

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2018, 12:51:18 PM »
Yes, the title register as is is exactly what they want.  :)

The contract is option, but we recommend sending that along with your most recent P60 (though I suspect you won't have your newest one by the time you submit).  It is a-okay that your contract is from when you started.  My husband's was 15 years old and LONG out of date, but it ticked the box. 

Yes, you need the employment letter and payslips (mandatory).

For the bank statements, your bank will print an interim statement covering from April 12 - the date you go in so that you can show the April payslip being deposited.  This is what you should do.  :)

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2018, 02:33:39 PM »
Fab, thanks KFdancer.

Alright, I'll submit my outdated contract then, I assume I'll have to use my P60 from last year if I don't have the new one in time.

Yes, I will definitely be submitting the employer letter and six months of stamped payslips (following an annoying battle for my employer to do it, if it's anything like last time!), thanks :)

Ok, I'll print an interim statement for April and have the bank stamp it (along with any other non-original bank statements I may need to use).

Thanks again :)

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2018, 02:13:17 PM »
Hi All,

Just reading through the postal application form and, as a lot of people seem to find, the wording of Section 2 is not that clear.

So, to be extra safe, I'd just like to check that I'm selecting the correct categories please!

My Wife is here on a spouse visa, this is the only previous visa she has had, and this is our first FLR(M) application.

So, is the correct option in Section 2.1 ('Under which category are you applying for leave?')

"Spouse or partner of a person present and settled in the UK and a biometric immigration document".

I get a bit confused with all the mentions of same-sex stuff further down the list. Yes, we are a same sex married couple, with a marriage and not a civil partnership. As such, I consider my Wife as my spouse rather than anything else. Hopefully that will be ok?

Section 2.2 ('Is this the first time you have applied for a visa or extension of stay...') - I'm planning to answer NO to this, as she is here on a Spouse visa. Is that right?

Section 2.3 ('Please indicate what stage of extension of leave you are applying for or why you are choosing to extend your current leave...'). NOt sure if I should choose the first or second period of leave.

"First period of leave to remain (following an initial period of entry clearance as a partner of a settled person, or person who is in the UK with refugee leave or humanitarian protection, or as a child of a person who has limited leave as the partner of settled person, or following an initial period of entry clearance as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner of a settled person - 6 months)."

"Second period of leave to remain (following initial grant of leave to remain as a partner of a settled person or person who is in the UK with refugee leave or humanitarian protection, or as a child of a person who has limited leave as the partner of a settled person)."
Also, further on in the form, and in the guidance, there are mentions of a Home Office Number (if you have one) - should either of us have one!?

A couple of other random questions...

The Immigration Directorate Instruction FM 1.7 referred to in the application form with regard to evidence of finances states that payslips, if not original, only need to be accompanied by a signed letter from the employer which states that they are authentic. Would you advise that I still try to have my payslips stamped, in addition to the confirmation of their authenticity in my employer letter?

I have sorted out the evidence of cohabitation to cover the entire period that my Wife has been here on her visa, so I have documents in 6 month intervals. I thought that this was the requirement but have since seen a comment on the forum that states it should only be over a 2 year period. As such do I need to change the evidence I've got?

Thanks again for all the help  ;D

• Liked: 3597
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2018, 02:34:08 PM »
Okay, so you answer as follows:

2.1 - I think you can tick the first box, since you are married and not registered civil partners

2.1 - Correct, you answer NO, because this is your second application for a settlement visa (the first was your spousal visa)

2.3 - Tick the first box.
This is your FIRST period of leave to REMAIN in the UK. Your first visa was leave to ENTER. It's asking if this is your first or second FLR(M) application.

You will not have a Home Office reference number as you have not applied for a visa from inside the UK before.

Would you advise that I still try to have my payslips stamped, in addition to the confirmation of their authenticity in my employer letter?

The instructions on Appendix FM-SE are:
(bb) Payslips must be:
(i) original formal payslips issued by the employer and showing the employer’s name; or
(ii) accompanied by a letter from the employer, on the employer’s headed paper and signed by a senior official, confirming the payslips are authentic;

I have sorted out the evidence of cohabitation to cover the entire period that my Wife has been here on her visa, so I have documents in 6 month intervals. I thought that this was the requirement but have since seen a comment on the forum that states it should only be over a 2 year period. As such do I need to change the evidence I've got?

It should be 6 documents, one in each name every 4 months covering up to 2 years.

So, if you are applying soon, you'll need documents from approximately the following months:
1. April 2016
2. August 2016
3. December 2016
4. April 2017
5. August 2017
6. December 2017
Additional extra:
7. April 2018

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2018, 05:21:47 PM »
Thanks so much :)

Don't know how I'd get all this done without the help of the generous advice from this forum!

I'm part-way through filling in the application form and have come to section 5.

For 5.3, "What category were you granted permission to enter the UK?", my Wife entered on a Spouse Visa. Is this the right term to use for the application form though, or should it be called something else?

Thank you :)

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2018, 05:54:56 PM »
Thanks so much :)

Don't know how I'd get all this done without the help of the generous advice from this forum!

I'm part-way through filling in the application form and have come to section 5.

For 5.3, "What category were you granted permission to enter the UK?", my Wife entered on a Spouse Visa. Is this the right term to use for the application form though, or should it be called something else?

Thank you :)

Have a look at either her vignette or BRP and copy what it says. 

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2018, 06:59:16 PM »
Ok, will do thank you!

In section 9.15, after already stating where the BRP info was taken for 9.14, the form asks for "details of the British diplomatic post involved if the application was made outside of the UK."

The application was in the USA so do I literally put down the same address info from the last Visa4UK biometric appt confirmation letter (that I put for 2.14)?

Sorry if it's a daft question!

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2018, 07:22:06 PM »
Ok, will do thank you!

In section 9.15, after already stating where the BRP info was taken for 9.14, the form asks for "details of the British diplomatic post involved if the application was made outside of the UK."

The application was in the USA so do I literally put down the same address info from the last Visa4UK biometric appt confirmation letter (that I put for 2.14)?

Sorry if it's a daft question!

Yup!

No daft.   :D

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2018, 09:35:17 PM »
Thanks!  ;D

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2018, 04:38:00 PM »
I'm back again with another question!  :D

I've declared my annual salary on the application form as the amount it has been for the past 9 months. However, I've just had my payslip and as of 1st April my salary has increased.

Do I now have to go and change the form or can I leave it as it is, with just my employer letter stating the April increase (but confirming my previous salary)?

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2018, 09:33:26 AM »
I'm back again with another question!  :D

I've declared my annual salary on the application form as the amount it has been for the past 9 months. However, I've just had my payslip and as of 1st April my salary has increased.

Do I now have to go and change the form or can I leave it as it is, with just my employer letter stating the April increase (but confirming my previous salary)?

I would really, really appreciate your advice on the above situation as we are due to submit the application on 1st May and with work commitments I won't have a lot of spare time to re-do the necessary sections of the form if changes are needed.

I am grateful for the salary increase, but it has fallen at just the wrong time!  ::)

Thanks in advance  :)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab