Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Clarification re. answers on traffic ticket and priority option  (Read 3671 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: Clarification re. answers on traffic ticket and priority option
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2018, 04:33:08 PM »
Thank you both again for your time and effort today! :)

And @ksand24 - haha, you read my mind, thanks for clarifying that the 28 day rule doesn't apply to the landlord letter.

I'm excited for the coming months and will let you know when I get approved! :)

• Liked: 3597
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2018, 04:46:21 PM »
And @ksand24 - haha, you read my mind, thanks for clarifying that the 28 day rule doesn't apply to the landlord letter.

:)

The only things that have to be dated within 28 days are the financial documents, namely:
- latest payslip
- latest bank statement
- employer letter

Other documents should be dated as close to the application date as possible, but they are not subject to the 28-day rule.

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2018, 09:17:15 PM »
Thanks @ksand24 ! :)

I've been following your guidance and re-arranging as advised.

Just wanted to clarify a point if that's ok please?

1. Is there a certain way Sheffield prefers to have photos of us together presented please?

For example, we would print each picture onto photo paper and write on the back of each one - who, what, where and when and then put then in a clear ziplock bag (to ensure they don't get lost)

Also, thanks for the info provided in http://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=91927.0 on how to use emails, FB messenger screenshots and messages. I'm using it to ensure I present this all correctly! :)

Many thanks!

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2018, 09:40:54 PM »
1. Is there a certain way Sheffield prefers to have photos of us together presented please?

Print 2 photos on separate photo paper (either yourself or through a photo printing company) and include them with your documents.

No need to write anything on the back of them. All they are showing is that you have physically met in person at least once.

Don't use any ziplock bags. Your documents package should only include paper... no plastic, no bags, nothing.

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2018, 09:51:36 PM »
Thanks @ksand24 for the guidance!

As no ziplock bags should be used, I will presume that it's ok for my fiancee's two passport photos to be held with the rest of the documents using the paper clip too?

Would this thread still apply please - http://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=90416.0? Or are they pretty strict under these guidelines - https://www.gov.uk/photos-for-passports in that the pictures should be 45 mm high by 35mm wide?

Many thanks!

« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2018, 09:55:37 PM »
As no ziplock bags should be used, I will presume that it's ok for my fiancee's two passport photos to be held with the rest of the documents using the paper clip too?

Yep. In fact, she only needs to send 1 passport photo. And it will probably be sent back to her anyway as they don't use that photo for the application (the biometrics photo will be put on the visa).

I'm not sure that you even need to include a passport photo at all anymore, but it's still on the supporting documents list.

Would this thread still apply please - http://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=90416.0? Or are they pretty strict under these guidelines - https://www.gov.uk/photos-for-passports in that the pictures should be 45 mm high by 35mm wide?

The photo will not be used anyway, so it doesn't matter. She can just send a regular US size passport photo (2 inches x 2 inches).

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2018, 12:10:03 PM »
Thanks @ksand24 !

I guess the UK government website need to be updated as it seems there are a few things that are now redundant on there...hence the confusion you probably encounter on the forums. :)

You mentioned previously about having an 'original' tenancy agreement. I've spoken to my letting agent. They use an electronic tenancy agreement through a middle company called GoodLord.

This particular tenancy agreement method uses a digital signature. The letting agent said a PDF file of the tenancy agreement could be printed off with the digital signatures on it (but they won't be wet signatures). Will this be acceptable to submit? I don't really have any other option.

Many thanks!

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2018, 12:14:10 PM »
Thanks @ksand24 !

I guess the UK government website need to be updated as it seems there are a few things that are now redundant on there...hence the confusion you probably encounter on the forums. :)

You mentioned previously about having an 'original' tenancy agreement. I've spoken to my letting agent. They use an electronic tenancy agreement through a middle company called GoodLord.

This particular tenancy agreement method uses a digital signature. The letting agent said a PDF file of the tenancy agreement could be printed off with the digital signatures on it (but they won't be wet signatures). Will this be acceptable to submit? I don't really have any other option.

Many thanks!

Yes, those have been submitted by several members with no issue.

• Liked: 14
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2018, 02:23:07 PM »
- All previous US passports applicant has held

If I read the instructions correctly only those passports that have been valid in the past 10 years are actually required. (Is this another one of those things where you suggest providing more information than needed for the sake of transparency? If so, I thought I'd point out the actual rule since one might not have all of their passports from their whole life saved, particularly those from childhood that their parents did not hand over. If that does apply to you, in my opinion you shouldn't draw attention to a document that's not actually needed and just provide/account for what they actually ask.)

I know some may disagree with me, but IMO the same thing applies if for example you have a traffic ticket (outside the scope of what is asked - if not then do definitely declare it!) that the record doesn't exist anymore or you'd have to go out of your way to document - if it'd be that hard to prove it then don't bother drawing unnecessary attention. (It's different if for example you have the passport in your possession or you can easily provide proof of the offense - in that case then the "declare everything to appear transparent/honest" may have weight.)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 02:27:07 PM by Kelly85 »

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2018, 03:14:17 PM »
If I read the instructions correctly only those passports that have been valid in the past 10 years are actually required. (Is this another one of those things where you suggest providing more information than needed for the sake of transparency? If so, I thought I'd point out the actual rule since one might not have all of their passports from their whole life saved, particularly those from childhood that their parents did not hand over. If that does apply to you, in my opinion you shouldn't draw attention to a document that's not actually needed and just provide/account for what they actually ask.)

I know some may disagree with me, but IMO the same thing applies if for example you have a traffic ticket (outside the scope of what is asked - if not then do definitely declare it!) that the record doesn't exist anymore or you'd have to go out of your way to document - if it'd be that hard to prove it then don't bother drawing unnecessary attention. (It's different if for example you have the passport in your possession or you can easily provide proof of the offense - in that case then the "declare everything to appear transparent/honest" may have weight.)

We don't really say to declare everything to appear transparent and honest for giggles.  The UK has REALLY strong "deception" consequences including a ban of 10 years.  So something that may be a minor infraction in the US, could possibly affect the visa being issued.  If you declare it, they will simply refuse the visa and let you know when you can reapply (after x amount of time after the infraction occured).  Whereas if you do NOT declare it and it's discovered, you can be slapped with a ban of 5 or 10 years.

And no, they won't refuse an application for including or not including old passports.  But they do ASK you to include them or state "where they are now".

Clarification re. answers on traffic ticket and priority option
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2018, 03:35:36 PM »
Apart from the application form, it also says in two other places to include previous passports. It doesn’t specify only the last 10 years.

From this page: https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/provide-information

You’ll need to:

- give all your names
- give your date of birth
- send your current passport or other valid travel ID
- send your previous passports

And the supporting documents guidance also states this too:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/270197/sup-docs-settlement.pdf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 14
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2018, 05:39:34 PM »
So what would be the appropriate thing to do if you do not have a previous passport in your possession? Would that likely result in a denial? What about if someone wasn't even aware of a passport their parents obtained for them before they were old enough to know, and they fail to mention it?

(I guess it was some other form where I saw the 10-year thing.)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 05:42:31 PM by Kelly85 »

« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2018, 05:51:23 PM »
So what would be the appropriate thing to do if you do not have a previous passport in your possession? Would that likely result in a denial? What about if someone wasn't even aware of a passport their parents obtained for them before they were old enough to know, and they fail to mention it?

(I guess it was some other form where I saw the 10-year thing.)

You write either lost or stolen.   :D

It’s not something they would refuse a visa over.  If they think you are being deceptive - different story.

« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2018, 05:58:25 PM »

You just list the passport(s) on the application form and state it has been lost (or stolen). No big deal.

You should definitely mention it, but it's not a problem if you no longer have it.

They just want the previous passports to check your travel history... though they likely have electronic access to it anyway.

« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2018, 09:11:01 AM »
My fiancee and I have been extremely grateful for all the support we've had this week along the way in getting all this paperwork correct and prepared! Thank you so much! :)

A quick query re. the online application question please - Date of planned arrival in the UK.

The online application is being submitted May 16th, with my then spouse moving to MN on May 31st to be with her family and await the visa to arrive at that address, from which she will then come to London.

As we didn't want to be unnecessarily separated by putting a long date into the future, we've opted to put June 18th as the date of planned arrival in the UK.

Even though it's unlikely the visa will be granted by that date (even with priority), my understanding is that the Home Office will just give a new date range she can travel shortly after the date that the spouse visa is granted.

Is there any problem with our potential date please?

Many thanks!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab