Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Clarification re. answers on traffic ticket and priority option  (Read 3667 times)

• Liked: 4985
Re: Clarification re. answers on traffic ticket and priority option
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2018, 09:13:20 AM »
My fiancee and I have been extremely grateful for all the support we've had this week along the way in getting all this paperwork correct and prepared! Thank you so much! :)

A quick query re. the online application question please - Date of planned arrival in the UK.

The online application is being submitted May 16th, with my then spouse moving to MN on May 31st to be with her family and await the visa to arrive at that address, from which she will then come to London.

As we didn't want to be unnecessarily separated by putting a long date into the future, we've opted to put June 18th as the date of planned arrival in the UK.

Even though it's unlikely the visa will be granted by that date (even with priority), my understanding is that the Home Office will just give a new date range she can travel shortly after the date that the spouse visa is granted.

Is there any problem with our potential date please?

Many thanks!

No issue with that - but IF you were to be a unicorn and the application was processed in a day - would you guys be happy waiting until June 18th to travel?

You want to put the earliest date you would want to travel.  If she wants to travel immediately, just use the date of the application.  They'll likely make the date valid 7 days AFTER they approve the visa to allow time for it to make it's way back to her.

• Liked: 2
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2018, 11:56:02 AM »
So if I put down the 24th June and submit online application today - given it hopefully will be approved by then as it will be priority - then technically she wouldn't be able to travel until a week after the 24th??

So the UKVI actually only send the passport and stuff back ON the day of the intended travel? I assumed it would be sent and in place for your intended travel date?

In this case would you recommend just putting a couple weeks earlier to avoid having to wait an extra couple days? Can someone remind me how long you have from when it is granted to actually enter the UK....it has slipped my mind!
Met: 10 September 2014
Engaged: 15 August 2016
Married: 27 March 2018
Online App: 13 April 18
Biometrics: 17 April 18
Priority App Sent: 17 April 18
App Arrived Email: 20 April 18
Decision Email:

« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2018, 12:00:18 PM »
So if I put down the 24th June and submit online application today - given it hopefully will be approved by then as it will be priority - then technically she wouldn't be able to travel until a week after the 24th??

So the UKVI actually only send the passport and stuff back ON the day of the intended travel? I assumed it would be sent and in place for your intended travel date?

In this case would you recommend just putting a couple weeks earlier to avoid having to wait an extra couple days? Can someone remind me how long you have from when it is granted to actually enter the UK....it has slipped my mind!

No, you've completely misunderstood my reply to etp.   ;)

UKVI do NOT look at the intended travel date until the visa is being issued.  It does NOT affect the processing times.

They will make the visa valid from the date you request (hopefully).  So you should put the earliest date you want to travel from.  If you know she doesn't want to travel until June 24th, then that's what you put.

She will have 30 days to enter the UK.  :)

• Liked: 3596
Clarification re. answers on traffic ticket and priority option
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2018, 12:01:08 PM »

No, if the visa is issued before the 24th it will likely be made valid from 7 days before that... so likely 17th June.

No, they send them back as soon as the visa is processed, but the date on it will be the date you put, unless that date has already passed.

So if you applied today and they received your documents on Tuesday next week, then the visa is processed in, say, 20 working days, you will get the visa around May 18th but she won’t be able to enter the U.K. until June 17th.

this case would you recommend just putting a couple weeks earlier to avoid having to wait an extra couple days? Can someone remind me how long you have from when it is granted to actually enter the UK....it has slipped my mind!

You have 30 days from the date on the visa. So if it’s June 17th, it will be 30 days from June 17th.

So this is your chance to determine what date you want the visa to start.

If she will be ready to travel in May, then put a date in May. If the visa isn’t issued by then, the 30 days will just start after it has been processed instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 12:17:03 PM by ksand24 »

• Liked: 2
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2018, 03:53:22 PM »
Thanks that seems to line up with what I originally thought and had read previously, just had a slight panic moment for a second!

I also noticed somewhere that you have never seen anyone turned away from a walk in biometrics? We want to get it all away asap as we have all our documents now, so would you recommend a walk in?
Met: 10 September 2014
Engaged: 15 August 2016
Married: 27 March 2018
Online App: 13 April 18
Biometrics: 17 April 18
Priority App Sent: 17 April 18
App Arrived Email: 20 April 18
Decision Email:

« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2018, 03:54:02 PM »
Thanks that seems to line up with what I originally thought and had read previously, just had a slight panic moment for a second!

I also noticed somewhere that you have never seen anyone turned away from a walk in biometrics? We want to get it all away asap as we have all our documents now, so would you recommend a walk in?

If you've already applied, give it a go.  We haven't had anyone turned away for showing up before their scheduled day/time.  :)

• Liked: 0
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2018, 06:08:35 PM »
Thanks for confirming @KFdancer !

Please forgive this question if it's silly but I don't want to assume anything. :)

As we will be getting married on May 15th and submitting her online application while on our honeymoon on May 16th, I am creating my sponsor letter as her husband to be on May 16th or a suitable date anytime after that day but before I leave the USA on May 22nd.

Is it a problem please for my sponsor letter to be dated after the online application submission date of May 16th?

I would presume she can date her cover letter any time after the online application date of 16th May but obviously before she sends the documents to Sheffield?

Many thanks again! :)

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2018, 06:18:19 PM »
Thanks for confirming @KFdancer !

Please forgive this question if it's silly but I don't want to assume anything. :)

As we will be getting married on May 15th and submitting her online application while on our honeymoon on May 16th, I am creating my sponsor letter as her husband to be on May 16th or a suitable date anytime after that day but before I leave the USA on May 22nd.

Is it a problem please for my sponsor letter to be dated after the online application submission date of May 16th?

I would presume she can date her cover letter any time after the online application date of 16th May but obviously before she sends the documents to Sheffield?

Many thanks again! :)

Make sure that you have your marriage certificate in hand before you submit the online application.
The date of the sponsor letter doesn't really matter but why not just make it easy for yourself and date it the same day that you submit online?  :)

« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2018, 06:23:44 PM »
Thanks @larrabee ! I had been thinking along those lines but just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing anything that would be an issue. :)

We were going to get marriage certificate recorded at the government recorder's office while down in our marriage city on 16th May. I spoke to them and they can do it for us quite quickly that day as a walk-in. We will then be getting two certified copies of the certificate - one for the visa application and one for my fiancee to keep as our copy.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2018, 06:26:38 PM »
Thanks @larrabee ! I had been thinking along those lines but just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing anything that would be an issue. :)

We were going to get marriage certificate recorded at the government recorder's office while down in our marriage city on 16th May. I spoke to them and they can do it for us quite quickly that day as a walk-in. We will then be getting two certified copies of the certificate - one for the visa application and one for my fiancee to keep as our copy.

Sounds good.  :). But get it first and then submit! And you should get the one you send back anyway but it's always sensible to have a more than one copy.

« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2018, 06:31:18 PM »
Thanks for the guidance on this. We will be doing the recorder's office first thing in the morning on that day before any online submission.

Thanks again for your help and time @larrabee ! It is much appreciated! :)

« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2018, 03:56:12 PM »
Hi!

So my employer is giving me a pay rise at the end of this April month, which will be shown on my 6th payslip evidence - I get paid on the 25th each month.

Just to confirm - I earn above the threshold regardless for my base salary (aka my gross annual salary) so this is more a question of accuracy on the application please.

My employer will mention my gross annual salary that covers the first five payslips from Nov 2017 to March 2018 (tax year of 2017-2018). This gross annual salary amount will be used in question 3.11 on Appendix 2.

I also have my P60 for this recent tax year, which will be included.

My employer will also be stating that I have received a pay rise starting April 2018 and they will specify what this gross annual salary amount now is.

Just to confirm - am I fine in using the salary amount that covers the first 5 payslips period from Nov 2017 - Apr 2018? Or should I actually specify the new salary amount that will start in April 2018 (for my 6th payslip that will be submitted)?

Also, in addition to my gross annual salary (12 months pay), does my employer need to specify what I earned altogether in the last 6 months e.g. the payslips I will be submitting please? Or just the annual salary?

Additionally, I earn bonus and overtime on top of my base salary, but my employer and I won't be including this in the gross annual salary figure because they are variable amounts (based on performance and adhoc overtime work as required).

Along with my base salary - the bonus and overtime are shown on the payslips and contribute to the gross pay.

My employer will mention that these payments aren't included in the gross annual salary (base salary) figure given, but that I did earn them on top of this gross annual salary (the base amount) and what the overtime/bonus amount was. Are they any issues with this please?

All the above details will also be explained in the Appendix 2 - Part 5 section and also my sponsor letter just to avoid any confusion.

Hope this all makes sense. :)

Many thanks for your help as always! :)

• Liked: 3596
« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2018, 04:11:05 PM »
Just to confirm - am I fine in using the salary amount that covers the first 5 payslips period from Nov 2017 - Apr 2018? Or should I actually specify the new salary amount that will start in April 2018 (for my 6th payslip that will be submitted)?

Yes, that's fine. If you are salaried, what they will do is take the lowest payslip from the 6 months and multiply it by 12 to get your total annual salary... as long as that payslip is £1,550 or more before tax, you will meet the requirement.

So, they will just ignore the payrise and only consider your previous salary.

Also, in addition to my gross annual salary (12 months pay), does my employer need to specify what I earned altogether in the last 6 months e.g. the payslips I will be submitting please? Or just the annual salary?

No, they just need to state your annual salary.

My employer will mention that these payments aren't included in the gross annual salary (base salary) figure given, but that I did earn them on top of this gross annual salary (the base amount) and what the overtime/bonus amount was. Are they any issues with this please?

Nope, no issue. The bonus/overtime payments CAN be considered as previous income but will NOT be considered as part of your current annual salary for future income.

All the above details will also be explained in the Appendix 2 - Part 5 section and also my sponsor letter just to avoid any confusion.

No need to explain any of it, other than in the employer letter, so personally I wouldn't bother putting anything in Part 5.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 04:12:56 PM by ksand24 »

« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2018, 04:28:26 PM »
Thanks @ksand24  for the clarification on all the points, much appreciated! :)

You guys really are awesome with the helpful replies that come so quickly! :)

I earn above that £1550 monthly threshold so won't be a problem.

I will also be applying under Category A.

Many thanks!

« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2018, 07:43:17 PM »
I've recently moved into my new place and the landlords have been wary of signing a letter of permission for her visa based on my original letter saying they will allow her to reside there due to the fact that if I left and she was just in there, they would have problems if they ever had to evict her due to not being on a tenancy. I spoke to them and told them the process to assure them she would have to pass right to rent checks and be named on the tenancy before she could live there. I amended the letter. Please could you check this part of the letter I will send for them to sign please:

'Sponsor' has been living in the property since Saturday 28th April 2018. He is the sole occupant. We will only permit 'applicant' to live at the property with 'sponsor' once she has passed the right to rent checks and has been added to the tenancy agreement.

If they don't sign this, I'm not sure what to do...unless she lived with my mother until she passed the tenancy and right to rent checks? The landlords said that could also be an option.

Many thanks!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab