Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: The big day...moving over (question)  (Read 1163 times)

The big day...moving over (question)
« on: June 02, 2003, 12:59:33 AM »
Hi All!

I am very excited to be arriving in the UK in two weeks (on a spouse visa). My husband and I can't wait to be together without intrepution! :)

Anyway, I was wondering what people's experiences were when they went through customs and were asked why they had come to the UK? I was there a week ago on business and it was a piece of cake getting through but I wonder if they pull you aside and question you when you are a new arrival on a spouse visa?

Should I expect being pulled into a room for an question session/interview?

Thanks!!!

Jules

• Fat people are hard to kidnap.
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 0
Re: The big day...moving over (question)
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2003, 01:51:27 AM »
They just asked me if this was the first time I entered the country on my spouse visa.  Other than that, they just had to stamp some stuff and we were on our way -- totally painless.
If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. ~Carl Sagan

• Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2003, 03:41:15 AM »
I doubt they'll pull you off to the side.  Just point out your spouse visa stamp and you shouldn't have any trouble at all.

All was asked of me was my wedding date.  The immigration officer was very nice.  She smiled, congratulated me on my marriage, said she hoped I'd like living in England, stamped my passport and sent me on through.

Saffron
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt within the heart.
~Helen Keller

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2003, 04:57:09 AM »
Thanks so much for your quick responses!!

I guess I was worried given the issues we dealt with on the US side (trying to get an extension for my husband's vistor visa once we were married) vs. my UK spouse visa which has been pretty smooth. Just wanted to make sure I was prepared when I arrived.  :)

Jules

Sponsored Links