Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Texan transplant in N. Hampshire  (Read 1836 times)

• Liked: 0
mfredericka
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2003, 07:53:05 AM »
We plan to move to northern England as well :).  DH is originally from the East Midlands area but we'll be looking for a place to hang out hats within 3 hours of that general area.  I'm really partial to York but haven't decided which area will suit us best.

And not to go off topic...lol.  Welcome Sherry to the board from another fellow Texan :).
Cleacia

• The Key to life is making the best of change.
Re: Texan transplant in N. Hampshire
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2003, 10:37:17 AM »
Well thanks for the welcome. You are already in my good books, cause you are a Red Raider! ;D

Ohh, I love the area around Fredericksburg. Lovely country...always enjoyed driving through there on my way home from Corpus Christi to Big Spring.

Hi GrnEyesnUK,

Guns UP!!!!  Not to show my age but I went to grad school there when they became part of the Big 12.  Talk about fun going to the games.  Infact I think I still have a tortilla wound on my head where one hit me.   ::)

As for Fredericksburg it is beautiful.  Lived there till I was 18.  But you were lucky to live on the coast.  I loved it down there.  Wishing you all the best.  
We all have shadows of self doubt in the corners of our beings self respect is an ongoing prcoess of vigilance.  It means learning to be able to live by an internal compass. - Sara Lawrence Lightfoot

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2003, 12:01:12 AM »
Welcome Sherry.  Just visited Texas once.  But enjoyed my time there.  I'm here in Boston and moving to Wales (anyone else?!?) in April 2004.  Glad to meet you.  

Karen
Give a man an inch and he thinks he's a ruler!

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2003, 01:04:46 PM »
Not to fear, my dear, Swansea is not far from civilization (ie- other Americans. Altho not sure of americans in wales, I am aware of many in the southwest, like Bristol, Swindon. I, myself, am only 2-3 hours by car (depending on the M4...LOL)

Gorgeous country there tho. Love it!

Thanks all for the warm welcome! ;D

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2003, 06:29:55 PM »
Hey Sherry, thanks for mentioning Swansea.  I know I'm not far from everyone realtively speaking.  I can even take a train the London - goes direct from Swansea to London.  But so far on this board I haven't run into anyone else moving in that general area.  Its ok though.  I do like reading about all the plans you all are making to meet up etc.  I'd like to see how it all turns out.  My fiance has introduced me to some of his friends so I'm not completely friendless when I move.  Always thought that was a good idea he had.  Anyway, glad to meet another friendly person on these boards.  

Karen
Give a man an inch and he thinks he's a ruler!

Sponsored Links