Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Hi to Everyone  (Read 791 times)

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
  • Liked: 0
Hi to Everyone
« on: June 05, 2003, 09:53:10 PM »
Hello All,

I've been in London (now living in the NW) for 4 years now - off and on.  I just stumbled on to this site and thought it would be interested to meet some of you.

I'm from NY originally but I've lived all around the US - North, South, Mid-West and NW.

I've made good friends here, but I'm interested in your experiences in meeting people as well.  I've found it takes quite a while to get into peoples "circles".  Any advice for meeting new people would be most welcome.

Thanks.
-Tracey 8)

Re: Hi to Everyone
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2003, 10:12:17 PM »

I've made good friends here, but I'm interested in your experiences in meeting people as well.  I've found it takes quite a while to get into peoples "circles".  Any advice for meeting new people would be most welcome.

Thanks.
-Tracey 8)

Not sure what advice to give, but if you are hankering to just 'shoot the sh*t' with a group of American ladies, then come to the Texas Embassy this Saturday. About 8 of us (so far) are gonna have some margaritas, mexican food and some fun. We'll be there about 1 pm. Let me know if you would like to come. Most of us meeting live within commuting distance from London but don't get a chance to meet up but every few months. The last one was such a stress releaser!

Welcome, by the way :)

• Liked: 1
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2003, 06:21:27 AM »
Can't add much on the social front as I am still in the USA, but wanted to extend a warm hand of welcome regardless.

Check out the expat meetings in the forum for upcoming events!
The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

• The Key to life is making the best of change.
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2003, 11:37:33 AM »
Hello BaTw,

Welcome to the board.  I have only lived here for about seven months.  Not sure at all how to meet people or in other words UK friends.  I guess the usual ways through work, a class, giving time to a cause, ect.  I wish I knew but if you find a way please let me know because it does get lonely at times.  
We all have shadows of self doubt in the corners of our beings self respect is an ongoing prcoess of vigilance.  It means learning to be able to live by an internal compass. - Sara Lawrence Lightfoot

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2003, 09:11:27 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome.  I would love to get together and chat, but I can't make it this weekend.  I will definitely check the board for future meetings and events.

I wish you all a great weekend.

• Bo Selecta!!
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2003, 12:03:43 AM »
Hello,

Welcome to the boards.

:)
...We're not bad people.;D

• Living by the sea with the man of my dreams!
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2003, 05:36:05 PM »
Welcome Tracey!  Glad you found UKY, I think you'll find it helpful and a great place to exchange experiences and vent when you need to.

I move over in a few weeks to join my Brit FH.  I'll be living in Tonbridge, Kent, about a 30 min. commute from London.  

Again, welcome and hope to see you on the boards a lot!

-Sandy
Life should NOT be a journey to the
grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well
preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand,
wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and
screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2003, 06:50:11 PM »
hello!

I am 23 and live in Milton Keynes. I am originally from Texas and have been feeling alone here. As much as I love my guy I, I want to hang out with someone other than him or his aquantances. Let me  know more details of this get together!

Vanessa

• Garden Butterflies
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2003, 07:12:55 PM »
Hi Tracey...  welcome to UKY...  I am not in the UK yet...  (November) so can not help you on the social side at this time...  I will also be living in the North...  Northeast though.

I hope you enjoy the site...  a lot of very good people here...  

Shel

PS, Welcome to you also Vanessa...  I will look forward to reading your intro here.
Logic is one thing, it keeps us in control!
But the heart only knows one, which is the  
depths of our soul!

Sponsored Links