Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Long overdue intro  (Read 630 times)

• Liked: 0
Long overdue intro
« on: June 06, 2003, 04:10:29 AM »
Hello everyone,

Welp, I've been here on UKY for about a couple months (I think) and I only just realized I've not officially introduced myself. :-/

My husband and I met on the internet way back in 1996 and after several years of a long-distance relationship, we finally married in 2001.  I've been in England since spring of last year and I'm loving it.  We reside in Bedfordshire.  

Not much else to tell....we're quite boring, actually.

Anyway, sorry for taking so long to post the intro.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt within the heart.
~Helen Keller

• Liked: 1
Re: Long overdue intro
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2003, 06:15:12 AM »
Hey.  Glad you stopped in to say hi!  

As the official greeter or unofficial happy bouncy wacky person of the UK-Yankee Intro Board let me just welcome you!

My DH lived in Luton so says hi too!

It's always good to hear from people who have succeeded in the transatlantic tango.

We are on the other side in Atlanta, but hope to hop on over soon.

(and yes...I have had waaaaaaaaaaaaay to much sugar today.) ;D
« Last Edit: June 06, 2003, 06:15:49 AM by vnicepeeps »
The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

• The Key to life is making the best of change.
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2003, 11:41:10 AM »
Hello Saffron,

Welcome to the board.  I am happy to hear that you have made the move to England very seemless.  If you want to give any advice I would love it.  Mine has not been so smooth.  Again welcome and I am glad for you.  
We all have shadows of self doubt in the corners of our beings self respect is an ongoing prcoess of vigilance.  It means learning to be able to live by an internal compass. - Sara Lawrence Lightfoot

• Bo Selecta!!
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2003, 12:06:59 AM »
Hello,

Welcome to the boards.

:)
...We're not bad people.;D

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab