Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Sausage  (Read 1869 times)

• Liked: 24
Sausage
« on: June 14, 2002, 01:49:29 PM »
I find most sausage here to be more like brats, though they're not like anything I'd had before really, but I tried Dickinson and Morris Chipolata sausages the other day, and they're the nearest thing I've found to taste like American link sausages. The smell while they were cooking, was sooo nice, funny how one learns to appreciate something as trivial as the long lost smell of breakfast sausages of old.  ::) I think I read here that they were the ones to try, can't remember who posted that but thanks!  :D

• US to UK to US to UK.
    • Flying Nunns
  • Liked: 8
Re: Sausage
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2002, 04:30:28 PM »
I'll have to remember that Leah, thanks for the input. I've always been disappointed with the sausage over there - gimme my Jimmy Dean! :) I'll make sure to pick up this brand you speak of.
I'm done moving. Unrepatriated back to the UK, here for good!

Angels are made out of Coffee Beans, Noodles, and Carbon.

http://flyingnunns.blogspot.com
http://coffeebeancards.etsy.com

• Liked: 1
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2002, 05:13:07 PM »
Where did you find them at?  Are they avaible at most supermarkets?  We got some the other day that weren't bad.  Still a little mushy (and brat like), but the flavour was nice.  I'll have to ask my husband if he remembers what they were called
'Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.' - Emerson

• Liked: 24
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2002, 05:44:24 PM »
I got them from Tesco, I'll have to see if they're up at the smaller grocery shops as well.

• having one of those days...
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2002, 03:26:49 PM »
ok, sorry to bring up an old thread, but just wanted to say that we bought some korma-flavored and chilli-flavored (yes, i still spell american) sausages from tesco's refrigerated section and they were really good!  i was surprised.  the chorizo wasn't that bad, either, though i probably won't have it again.

don't tell me if anything icky is in them because i want to get more of those chilli ones for hotdogs, since they are not the little ones that disappear in the bun.

i have tried beef and guiness from the butchers and they were pretty good...must be the guiness flavor   ;D
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be.
--Douglas Adams

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab