Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Re-introduction from an Oldie  (Read 1626 times)

• Wishstar
  • Fully Certified British Citizen

• Supplier of useless knowledge
    • An American in London
  • Liked: 1
Re-introduction from an Oldie
« on: June 06, 2003, 04:17:15 PM »
That's Oldie, not Mouldy.  :)

Hello everyone!!  I haven't been around these parts for a good long while now so I thought before I jumped in and made a complete nuisance of myself I'd introduce myself again and say hello.  So helllllooooo!!!

The site looks great, btw.  Love the new forums and the look of the place.  Well done, Leah.  You've been a busy girl!

I've been away mostly due to work being absolutely out of control the past 6 months or so, and lots of traveling and just general stress.  But I've just started a new job in my company and have heaps of hope that life will finally slow down for me a bit and I can do some of the stuff I like doing!  You know, like, have a friggin' life for awhile?!  Anyway....:)

Hello to all you new faces, and hi ya to all the people I recognise from before.  Nice to see you all and I hope to be able to post a bit more often again.

Just for those who don't know me, I've been here about 2 1/2 years now, from Nashville TN and finally getting my feet on the ground and adjusting to life here a bit better.  I work in Central London, married to a wonderful Scottish hunk of my very own, but other than that, my life is a down right bore.  (No really, it is!)  So if there are any other London-ites out there, special hi ya to ya from me!  This place is CRAZY, don't you think?

Well, that's all from me for now.  Nice to be back and look forward to chattin' with ya'll sometime soon.

Rebecca

Re: Re-introduction from an Oldie
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2003, 04:55:18 PM »
"That's Oldie, not Mouldy."  LOL!

That's good because I don't think my allergies could take any more mold!

Anyway, just wanted to reply and say welcome back from a new face on the board.

You've got my sympathy on the work front.  I found myself saying I have to go home in reference to work a few days ago.  That is a classic sign it's time for a holiday!

I have to London being a crazy place, but really enjoyed my time spent there.

Not sure how I'd feel to live and work there though.

Reagrdless, welcome back! :)
The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

• Unavailable for Comment.
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2003, 04:57:59 PM »
Hey! You're alive! Yay!

Good to see you again. Hasn't been the same without the supplier of useless knowledge.  ;)

There are two things in life for which we are never truly prepared:  twins.

• Wishstar

• An American in London
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2003, 05:20:31 PM »
hi vince...nice to meet you!  Amen to the work/holiday thing.  I'm off for a whooolllleee week next week and I can't wait!  I know it'll fly right by but I'm so looking forward to doing things like taking more than 12 minutes for lunch and getting my hair cut and NOT dreaming about office politics and deadlines!  It's gonna be pretty sweet to clear my head for once.

And hi to you too Ashley, my dear!  How's life treatin' ya?  How's workin' life?  Seems you got married while I've been away, didn't you?   How was all that?  So nice to see you are still here.  (Those are some pretty sexy moderator stars you got there, by the way.  And you've nearly caught up to me on posts!  You've been busy too, methinks.)  :)  

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2003, 05:27:57 PM »

And hi to you too Ashley, my dear!  How's life treatin' ya?  How's workin' life?  Seems you got married while I've been away, didn't you?   How was all that?  So nice to see you are still here.  (Those are some pretty sexy moderator stars you got there, by the way.  And you've nearly caught up to me on posts!  You've been busy too, methinks.)  :)  

Good grief, I didn't realize you had been gone that long! Yeah, we were married on Oct 25th. The ceremony was really lovely and we had a fantastic night. You can see pictures, if you want on www.mumuland.com. The big move was a week after the wedding.

Settled in rather well. Had my moments, but I don't get all weepy homesick anymore, which is a relief.  Trying to hook myself a permanent job, which has been harder than I'd like to admit, but it's made me somewhat of an expert in recruitment agencies thus my oh so sexy stars. Honestly, I think the others got tired of my ranting about work, so they just gave me my own board to complain on. That way they could avoid me.  ;)

So tell me all about your travels. Where'd you go? What did you see? C'mon details details. You claim your life is a bore, but we know better.  :D

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2003, 05:43:34 PM »
Just had to pop in and say... great Wedding pics Ashley...don't you just love Vegas? Also, was ROFL on the mumuland thing....

DH sent it to me when we were a-courting and I LOVED it...not so my dad who thought Tammy had done up and lost her mind. ;D

Wishstar like your web too.  Gives me inspiration for my own if I ever get off my rear and do it!
The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2003, 06:24:35 PM »
Also, was ROFL on the mumuland thing....

DH sent it to me when we were a-courting and I LOVED it...not so my dad who thought Tammy had done up and lost her mind!

Yeah, Jon loved the song and he's really wierd about it too. 'It was the most brilliant idea ever, take a well known dj, pair him up with a country star... instant success'... um... right.

He named his computer Mumuland. Who wants to do a poll for wierdest hubby? I bet I'd win hands down.

• NYC to London. Must be a city thing.
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2003, 03:28:27 AM »
Hi Rebecca,

Welcome back, from a newbie and fellow Londoner. I really enjoyed your website. What kind of work are you doing?

Tricia
"You can wordify anything if you just verb it." -- Bucky, Get Fuzzy

• Living by the sea with the man of my dreams!
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2003, 07:25:46 AM »
Hi Wishstar!  Glad to see you back! I was wondering where you'd been! I was off the boards for a while too and am very glad to be back!  Leah sure has done a great job with the site plus we have several more dedicated moderators now as well!  

Hope you'll be back on a lot again, you've been missed! [smiley=hug.gif]
Life should NOT be a journey to the
grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well
preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand,
wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and
screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

• Wishstar

• An American in London
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2003, 12:11:54 PM »
Great wedding picks, Ashley!  I'm sure I was around in October, but not much.  I must have missed registering in my brain that the big day had come and gone.  Late congrats, anyway!  :D

Hi Tricia.  What part of London are you living in?  Glad you enjoyed the site.  I don't get to play with it as much as I'd like, but it is kind of nice now and then to fool around with.  I'm working in an HR related field...with a company in Central London.  I'll PM you and we can chat sometime, ok?

And hello to you too runner!  Hope you're doing well.  How are things with you?  Nice to see you here still.  Guess life gets in the way of play for us all sometimes, eh?  Thanks so much for the nice welcome.  It's good to be back.  :)

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2003, 12:50:18 PM »
Welcome back, Wishstar!

Sounds like you've been extremely busy! Life does absolutely have a way of getting in the way, doesn't it? I think we (me & the sweetums)  lead a fairly boring existence (except for the wedding, honeymoon & moving plans of course hehe) but I always feel like I'm playing 'catch-up' with this site and many other things!

A few of us on here who are in the London area have been hoping to get together in the near future! I, too, work in Central London- the west end, actually- if you're ever interested in getting together for lunch or something, give me a shout! There are so many beautiful green places to take advantage of this time of year!

Again- welcome back  :D

Jen

• Wishstar

• An American in London
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2003, 05:22:14 PM »
HI Jenny!  Nice to meet ya.  A london-ite get-together is well overdue I think....there suddenly seems to be so many of us.  Surely this needs to be taken advantage of....:)

I would love to get together for lunch or something sometime.  Sounds like we are working darned close to one another, as I'm in the west end too.  I'll PM you!

Wooo...social life, look out....cause here I come!  :D

• Garden Butterflies
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2003, 07:57:16 PM »
Well Hello there Miss Rebecca :-* it is very good to see you again...  I trust all is well now and I look forward to seeing you around some more...

Tom and I have had many downs this past year with divorce delays...  but finally we are able to set a wedding date...  November 8, 2003... then I will be able to finally come home to where I belong UP NORTH!... So far from all the Londoner's :'(

But I love the North, so not too upset....  just lonely up there for some of you all.

Shel [smiley=daisy.gif]
Logic is one thing, it keeps us in control!
But the heart only knows one, which is the  
depths of our soul!

• Wishstar

• An American in London
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2003, 11:00:57 AM »
Hi Michele!  Nice to see you again.  Hope you are doing well.  Big congrats on setting the wedding date!  You must be so excited this long journey is finally nearing it's end.  I know you and Tom will be so happy together....you've both been through so much!!  

The nice thing about England is that it's not really a very big place.  I'm up North more times than I sometimes like (not because I don't like the North, mind....it's just that traveling, especially for work, isn't really my thing), and I'm sure I'm not the only one.  Trains in this country are one of the best things about it....so you'll no doubt be able to come down and people come up to see ya.  No worries there!  

Rebecca
--who's always looking for a good excuse to get outside the greater London area!

• wench
  • Gin-soaked Floozie

• Caution: wench on board
    • Wenchstead
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2003, 01:17:26 PM »
Wish!  Girl I haven't heard from you in ages!  Great to see you back.  :D :D :D

You coming to the TGI Friday/ Cinnabunn do on Saturday?

Please?  ;D

wench
Ask and ye shall be babbled at.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab