Bored with nothing to do over Christmas? Want to try out your friends and family on there travel knowledge, UK and USA? Try or print out this quiz and pass it around. See how everyone scores, and then vote in the poll to let us know. But most of all - have a great Christmas!10 Great Cities
Can you identify the city in each of these 10 cases?
1. From the Eye, you can see the river snaking through the city:
2. Get around with Orange, Yellow, Red, Green and Blue:
3. Departure point for the Pilgrim Fathers:
4. Powell / Hyde:
5. City of Origin of the Beatles:
6. Catch the Ferry to Ward's Island or Hanlan's Point:
7. European City of Culture, 1990:
8. The first settler in the area arrived in 1841, and you can see a replica of his cabin:
9. Seat of Government, greatest coal exporting port in 1913:
10. A city with railway stations named after 20th Century civil war heroes:9 Major Roads
Can you place the other end of these roads?
A1 - London to:
A2 - London to:
A3 - London to:
A4 - London to:
A5 - London to:
A6 - London (or St. Albans) to:
A7 - Edinburgh to:
A8 - Edinburgh to:
A9 - Edinburgh to:8 Airlines Codes
Can you name there airlines?
AI7 London Stations
Can you name the station in London you'll arrive at
From Leicester6 Airport codes
Can you name the cities these airports serve?
ORD5 Legal ways to enter the UK
5.4. Countries of the United Kingdom
4.3. Parts to the UK driving test
3.2. Main desitnations in Europe for Eurostar:
In Belgium:1. And a UK Yankee Web Mistress we all owe a huge thanks for this site!
When you're happy with your answers, check how you've got on - I've put the answers on my own web space
. Please come back and complete the poll to tell us how you did.
Edited to add ... If you want to try out this quiz and don't want to be told the answers first - don't read any further down this thread - you may find that there are some posts / discussions of answers .... some of which will be right and others wrong