Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Name says it all  (Read 703 times)

• Banned

• Liked: 0
Name says it all
« on: January 10, 2005, 08:38:20 AM »
Hi!

Been here coming up for 2 years now, and so far had a good experience.  The hardest adjustment was the busy traffic, but I'm a pro now  :D

I'm not sure how chatty I will be, but I sure will do a lot of reading.  It's interesting how much we all have in common, even if some of us have had an easier time than others in the UK.
Gobsmacked!

• Liked: 2
Re: Name says it all
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2005, 08:53:55 AM »
Hello surrreymommy, welcome to UKYankee. Glad you seem to be enjoying the UK and look forward to hearing more from you.  What part of the US are you from?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2005, 09:43:29 AM by Britwife »

• Liked: 1
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2005, 10:45:42 AM »
Hi and welcome to UKY!  I had to get used to the traffic too,  not the amount but the lesser number of insane drivers...
The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

• Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2005, 08:49:05 AM »
Hi Surreymommy,
Welcome to uky.  I was first really trepedatious about roundabouts but now I love them.  Things really seem to go much faster.  I do wish the direction signs were like they are back home but I guess that would take all the fun out of travelling around.
Stephan
Dr. Steve

***The journey of a thousand miles, begins with a single step***

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2017, 01:43:07 PM »
Hey! Saw your post in here. I live in Cranleigh. I  got here for the second time in June.  My family and I lived in Islington, London a decade ago. Now we are back. I met another girl on here from Chicago. We meet up from time to time. Just thought I would extend an invitation if you're interested in meeting with some Americans periodically.  PM me if you would like to join us for lunch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure you'll get an answer to this, since this thread is over 12.5 years old and surreymommy hasn't been active on the forum since January 2005.

Sponsored Links