Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Friday Five!  (Read 412284 times)

• Liked: 4985
Re: Friday Five!
« Reply #5205 on: June 01, 2018, 11:05:53 AM »
OH COME ON.

The Italian food truck is coming back every Tuesday in June.  And my diet starts on Monday.

FFS.  FML.

« Reply #5206 on: June 01, 2018, 11:06:50 AM »
There are so many lovely wood preservative colours these days!  :D.

The black will look very smart to match at the front. A greeny-grey would be gorgeous for the rest of it.  :D

https://www.cuprinol.co.uk/products/garden_shades.jsp

There are too many good colours - no doubt!

I like the idea of a grey with a touch of green.  I shall add that to the sample list!  :) 

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #5207 on: June 01, 2018, 11:12:15 AM »
OH COME ON.

The Italian food truck is coming back every Tuesday in June.  And my diet starts on Monday.

FFS.  FML.

Get one order but split it for lunch and dinner?  :D

Tiny portions of tasty food can be more satisfying and easier to cope with than larger plates of bland diet food! And that pizza looked pretty healthy anyway!  :)

• Liked: 958
« Reply #5208 on: June 01, 2018, 12:25:46 PM »
Everyone needs a cheat day when on a diet, make yours Tuesday! ;)

1. How is it already Friday? Every day this week has felt like Monday.

2. We went out to a London club last weekend. It was the first time I went out to a night like that with my husband since we met, and since I got more sick, and unless I have a way to leave when I want to it's the last time I'll be going to one. My husband had a blast but I just did my best to tolerate it as long as I could. The number of things that went wrong for me are too many to list here.

3. I learned I need to check the rugby schedule if taking the train into London. We got hit with people leaving the stadium on our way in, and then going to it on the way out. I've never been so squished into a seat!

4. I mentioned it in IA's but my husband lost his wedding ring over the weekend. He also told his friends (who I'd never met before) we live in a "bit of a tip" but he hasn't made any effort to put things away. I've had to tell him we are putting together shelves and finding places for things, but we quickly ran out of space and need more bookshelves/CD/DVD shelves. So I think an IKEA trip is in order this weekend for more organizational stuff. *sigh*

5. As I was typing this I found out - I got the job!! Still holding my breath cuz it has to go through the official offer etc and HR is out of the office today. But yay! Here's hoping they are willing to work with me on the disability stuff. I have a GP appointment Monday to talk about the pain management and physical concerns.

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #5209 on: June 01, 2018, 12:32:47 PM »
Congrats on the job margo!
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #5210 on: June 01, 2018, 12:34:53 PM »

5. As I was typing this I found out - I got the job!! Still holding my breath cuz it has to go through the official offer etc and HR is out of the office today. But yay! Here's hoping they are willing to work with me on the disability stuff. I have a GP appointment Monday to talk about the pain management and physical concerns.

AGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!  CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

• Liked: 676
« Reply #5211 on: June 01, 2018, 12:36:07 PM »
Get one, ration it. If you deny yourself everything, at some point you'll snap and they'll find you with your head well into the feed trough!

Oh, it's really Friday again!

1) Got the EE pay as you go changed over to Sky monthly billing. We now get unlimited calls and texts nationwide, and some data (that we won't use as the phone can't handle it) that will roll over for like up to three years. For 5 pounds a month (same as the PAYG was). I feel better with the Daughter gallivanting around the country with a cell phone that's not going to run out of coins in the bank. Still need to find a cheapo for me - I think there was an Alcatel flip phone at the Carphone Warehouse to buy with a sim for like 10 pounds. That should do it. Will put an 02 payg sim in that one, since you buy an amount of charges and it just sits there perpetually until you use it. I almost never use the cell phone, but there have been a couple of times when I've needed one. So....

2) Was puttering in the kitchen this morning, about to make the Daughter a cup of tea, and got a phone call from the landlord. Downstairs flat has water "coming in" and they wanted me to check our flat. I found a spot in our bathroom where cold water is seeping through the joint between the wall and the floor. They said at 9:30 that they were sending an emergency plumber out right away, and he'd find out if it was one of our pipes or coming from above us (there's a few more floors up there) and seeping out as it comes through the walls. It's now 3 hours later and we've not seen anything of a plumber yet. I have visions that the kid upstairs who is house-sitting while is folks are away has smoked one joint too many and left the tub on, or their loo is overfilling or something.  Either way, I had things to do "out" today, for a change, and am now sitting here not able to take a bath (sure way to get the plumber to show up), do any baking (in case he shuts the water off, don't want piles of dirty dishes festering), or really get into any project in a serious way.

Strange idea of "emergency" plumber visit, really.

3) Am supposedly on a diet. Am seriously craving pizza. My two egg-whites and slice of toast for breakfast just isn't holding.  ::)

4) Daughter should be working on her dissertation, but is wandering around the house asking when the plumber is coming. And were they going to notify us when it was fixed. Neither of which answers I can tell her.

5) I forgot to do my online shop this week. I guess I'll order online now and just pony up the delivery charge (it's outside my "free" mid-week period). Even frozen mini-pizza sounds good.  It's kinda warm and humid (for here) and that makes me not want to really add to the heat in the flat by firing up the oven. Maybe Dominos. And diet tomorrow.

There's not much of a breeze, which is unfortunate. It would be a lot nicer with a breeze coming in the windows.

CONGRATS on the job!!!! Woo You! ;D

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #5212 on: June 01, 2018, 12:39:05 PM »
I got the job!! Still holding my breath cuz it has to go through the official offer etc and HR is out of the office today. But yay! Here's hoping they are willing to work with me on the disability stuff. I have a GP appointment Monday to talk about the pain management and physical concerns.

Yay, well done Margo!  ;D And remember, you have the law on your side when it comes to the disability stuff!

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #5213 on: June 01, 2018, 12:40:59 PM »
1. How is it already Friday? Every day this week has felt like Monday.

Don't knock it being Friday in a week of Mondays!  Celebrate!  And now celebrate twice as hard because you got the job!  Congratulations!  I guess that logic test went better than you thought!
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

« Reply #5214 on: June 01, 2018, 12:46:09 PM »
Don't knock it being Friday in a week of Mondays!  Celebrate!  And now celebrate twice as hard because you got the job!  Congratulations!  I guess that logic test went better than you thought!
I somehow still fell within their averages. I don't know how! But then I knew more about programming in SAS and the loans business than their other applicants cuz the mortgage business isn't too far from loans, and one of their managers came from a mortgage lender who'd worked with a US company. Different risks but a lot of similar metrics and such. *phew*

« Reply #5215 on: June 01, 2018, 12:47:12 PM »
I somehow still fell within their averages. I don't know how! But then I knew more about programming in SAS and the loans business than their other applicants cuz the mortgage business isn't too far from loans, and one of their managers came from a mortgage lender who'd worked with a US company. Different risks but a lot of similar metrics and such. *phew*

Where will you be based?

« Reply #5216 on: June 01, 2018, 12:48:01 PM »
Where will you be based?
Bourne End. So not terribly far from you!

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #5217 on: June 01, 2018, 01:00:39 PM »
OH COME ON.

FFS.  FML.

You need a cheat day or dieting won't work! :p

4. I mentioned it in IA's but my husband lost his wedding ring over the weekend. He also told his friends (who I'd never met before) we live in a "bit of a tip" but he hasn't made any effort to put things away. I've had to tell him we are putting together shelves and finding places for things, but we quickly ran out of space and need more bookshelves/CD/DVD shelves. So I think an IKEA trip is in order this weekend for more organizational stuff. *sigh*

My husband will complain to people about the state of our house but neglect to mention that it's because we are doing work on the house ourselves and that irrationally irritates me sometimes because he makes it sound like we just don't care and are just sitting around in the filth for fun.

Yay! great news!

My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 585
« Reply #5218 on: June 01, 2018, 01:03:20 PM »
I was a '91 graduate (I'm so old!  But I graduated at 17, if that matters).

You do know some of us are OLDER, right?!  ;)

Class of '81 here.   [smiley=bigcry.gif]

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #5219 on: June 01, 2018, 01:39:20 PM »
You do know some of us are OLDER, right?!  ;)

Class of '81 here.   [smiley=bigcry.gif]

Chronologically, maybe based on your graduation year.  But I'm just old!  Some of us (*waves*) aren't coping as well as the rest.  ;)
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab