Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: On what sites did you meet?  (Read 4067 times)

Re: On what sites did you meet?
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2004, 05:59:36 PM »
We met on a site called killermontstreet.com, which was designed by Stu for singer songwriter Roddy Frame - so not a dating site.
I knew you'd met there, cos im a big Aztec Camera fan as well, but i didnt know Stu had designed the site!!   :o

• Officially a Brit.
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2004, 06:40:07 PM »
Paul King! Holy heck! Now there's a blast from the past. Do you have the cover framed Peedal?!

I met my DH the old fashioned way, too. At Uni. We were the 2 oldest on our floor of 8 people.

My cousin in the US met his wife through JDate.com - a Jewish dating site!

Aztec Camera are awesome!
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. ~ John Lennon

« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2004, 08:42:16 PM »
well all you aztec camera fans had better head over to killermontstreet.com cause the forum could really use some livening up over there! and you also need to know about roddy's latest single.

ahem, sorry ... hands thread back carefully to ElizabethK

« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2004, 11:37:56 PM »
Met my wonderful British man while playing an online MMORPG.

« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2004, 06:12:23 AM »
Met my wonderful British man while playing an online MMORPG.

What's MMORPG?

« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2004, 06:52:25 AM »
...M... Money... ..Ma-Making.. O...something Role Playing Game?
No, that's not right..
Umm.. Moon.. Modus..... ......Operandi.. Role Playing Game..
I give up  ::)

• You'll Never Walk Alone
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2004, 08:32:20 AM »
Paul King! Holy heck! Now there's a blast from the past. Do you have the cover framed Peedal?!

He still has the original magazine - I took it to NY to show the Consulate for my Fiancee Visa!  (It was a desperate time - they looked at it for a laugh, though!)

My brother-in-law held it up when making his best man speech at our wedding, too - and read out the ad Phil had placed!  :o
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

- Benjamin Franklin

• Chap with the wings there...five rounds rapid
    • Kinkamono Internet Services
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2004, 09:39:22 AM »
Quote from: Broxi
What's MMORPG?

Massively Multiplayer Online RolePlaying Game

Examples include Everquest that's already been mentioned, Star Wars Galaxies, and City of Heroes. At our house, Sarah's the Galaxies player, while I prefer City of Heroes.

Incidentally, Sarah and I met in an AOL chatroom (about Doctor Who) in 1997. Old school internet, baby!
Davros: Today, the Kaled race is ended, consumed in a fire of war. But, from its ashes will rise a new race. The supreme creature. The ultimate conqueror of the universe! The Dalek!!

Kinkamono Internet Services - The Internet. Done Right

« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2004, 05:53:29 PM »

Examples include Everquest that's already been mentioned, Star Wars Galaxies, and City of Heroes. At our house, Sarah's the Galaxies player, while I prefer City of Heroes.

Hey!!! not only PC games have massive amounts of people playing online... everquest is also on xbox and my all time favorite Phantasy Star Online is on gamecube and x-box and not only kids are playing them
It's the difference between knowing the path and walking the path.

Lipstick? Where woman? There is no lipstick!
She wasn't kissing your lips my darling

What's it gonna be Merv?
Interesting deal
She'll do it. If she has to kill everyone in this room. She'll do it. She's in love.
*sigh*
It's amazing how the path of love is so alike to the path of insanity

2gether 4ever Jo & Jimmy

« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2004, 07:46:33 PM »
I used to play an RPG that started out as an aol-featured game.. many years ago (i'm talkin 1996) called Fed, or Federation.. At its best, it used to be around 700 people playing.  Wouldn't find that these days.. haven't played it in YEARS.  Ahh... anyone know of it?

• Unavailable for Comment.
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2004, 09:04:31 PM »
Jon and I met in a MUD (role playing game) called Avalon.  We both were animists. His name was Elysium and I was Eluria.  What can I say, it was meant to be.
There are two things in life for which we are never truly prepared:  twins.

• Twitter
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2004, 02:50:18 AM »
Marty and I met through makeoutclub.com (sort of)  :-[ He saw my profile there and I forgot about it and he e-mailed me and it was bliss from then on  :P

• Chap with the wings there...five rounds rapid
    • Kinkamono Internet Services
« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2004, 10:03:44 AM »
Quote from: nvrwas
Hey!!! not only PC games have massive amounts of people playing online... everquest is also on xbox and my all time favorite Phantasy Star Online is on gamecube and x-box and not only kids are playing them

ooook. Not sure when I said only PC games, or when I said only kids are playing them. *confused*
Davros: Today, the Kaled race is ended, consumed in a fire of war. But, from its ashes will rise a new race. The supreme creature. The ultimate conqueror of the universe! The Dalek!!

Kinkamono Internet Services - The Internet. Done Right

« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2004, 11:39:57 AM »

ooook. Not sure when I said only PC games, or when I said only kids are playing them. *confused*

Sorry!!!  :-[ you didn't..  :-[ I'm just a little touchy on the whole subject...
most of my family think I am mad to have fallen in love with someone I met on a VIDEO GAME!!! and my mom although she has never even spoken to Jimmy (which is a whole nother story in it's self) beleives he must be an idiot (which he's not) because she thinks grown people shouldn't play any video games least of all an online one ( shes such a hypocrite!!! I said oh !!!!  like you never played solitare on the pc when you got bored at work!!! thats basically the same thing!!!!)  ;D
It's the difference between knowing the path and walking the path.

Lipstick? Where woman? There is no lipstick!
She wasn't kissing your lips my darling

What's it gonna be Merv?
Interesting deal
She'll do it. If she has to kill everyone in this room. She'll do it. She's in love.
*sigh*
It's amazing how the path of love is so alike to the path of insanity

2gether 4ever Jo & Jimmy

« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2004, 02:25:02 PM »
Chris and I met on AOL.  In a transatlantic chat room.  Mostly brits and americans.  I was chatting to his best friend.  Chris showed up at his house and was watching the friend chat to the room of people about 30.  Chris asked about my name and who I was.  Trying to understand how you kept it all straight when so many are chatting.  We said a few things to each other.  Then we started emailing and that was over 3 years ago.  I moved here nearly 4 months ago.
Give a man an inch and he thinks he's a ruler!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab