Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Booking Life in the UK Test from US  (Read 415 times)

• Liked: 0
Booking Life in the UK Test from US
« on: September 10, 2009, 08:58:59 PM »
Has anyone here had experience with this?

We're coming over for a visit at the end of October and while we're there I'd like to go ahead and take the test. I already have the book and I've looked at the website for a testing center. We'll be staying with family in Wales and I see there's a place in Swansea.

The thing is, it says they are only open for testing Tuesday and Wednesdays from 9am - 4pm. The site also says you have to wait at least 7 days after booking it and it takes 1-4 weeks before you can get in to take the test. So I'm thinking I need to book it from here within the next couple of weeks.  :-\\\\

Can you guys tell me how you booked it? On the phone? Email? And how do you get the appt - do you ask for a date or do they just plug you into a slot and tell you when to come?  ???

I doubt I'll be able to come back over within the next few months so this would be a golden opportunity to get this ticked off the list.  ;D
Keep Calm And Carry On

• Liked: 5
Re: Booking Life in the UK Test from US
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 09:24:52 PM »
I booked via phone and asked for a date.  I also booked several weeks in advance, no problem.

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 09:25:53 PM »
You book by calling the centre you want to take the test at.

Here's the official site: http://www.multimap.com/clients/places.cgi?client=ufitest

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2009, 09:43:43 PM »
Thanks for the replies!

I already had that link - that's where I got the days/hours from. I just wasn't sure if I could use the email address to book it or if phone was best. I guess I'll bite the long-distance bullet and call.  ;D

One more question - the site says you will be asked to provide your post code. Do I give mine here in the US or the one at my in-laws where I'll be staying on holiday?
Keep Calm And Carry On

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2009, 09:44:50 PM »
Since their systems won't recognize a US Zip Code, give the in-laws.

• Location: Michigan to Birmingham U.K. (via Florida & Australia)
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2009, 07:07:25 PM »
Definitely book by phone so you can discuss the dates available.  I called about 3-4 weeks before my flight to the UK, and the test centre advised that they were only booking appointments for a test within the next 7 days.  They were very helpful, and told me the best time to call to ensure I got the dates I wanted.

Sponsored Links