Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Need help, situation has changed....  (Read 301 times)

• Liked: 0
Need help, situation has changed....
« on: September 15, 2009, 11:20:48 PM »
My husband is British, I am American.  We have one son who is a dual citizen.  My husbands parents are both critically ill, his dad is expected to die in next few months.  So instead of moving next yr, we are now looking to move asap.

My husband will be going over first, to obtain a job and rent a place for us to live.  My question is how much money for a family of 3 (Me, my husband and our son who is a dual citizen) does he need to make to be able to sponsor us?
Also have a 15 yr old daughter who may or may not decide she wants to move with us.  If she does decide to go with us, how much would he need to make then?

I am just so confused about all this.  None of the websites I have been looking at say exactly how much we have to have left over after expenses, and what expenses they look at when figuring this up.

Any help would be appreciated.  I would hate it if he took a job, and we filed and it was denied because he missed the mark by a few pounds.

• Liked: 2
Re: Need help, situation has changed....
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 11:27:01 PM »
I don't think there are hard and fast rules. With luck, someone will be along shortly to offer better, more specific advice. I just wanted to chime in and remind you that it's late here, so don't panic if you don't get many immediate responses.

Good luck to all of you!

• Liked: 3598
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 11:30:21 PM »
Have a look at this thread for some info on money needed for the maintenance.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2009, 03:18:49 AM »
I know that for a family of 3, after you pay rent and council tax you should have 157.06 left per week.  It's based on some sort of benefits amounts - like what the government give a family that size to live on after paying their rent and ctax.  I think another child adds another 55 pounds or so. 
Sep 2004 - Met online
Apr 2006 - Met IRL
27 Oct 2006 - Married in US
23 Sep 2009 - Spouse and dependent visas issued
30 Sep 2009 - Arrived in the UK!
20 Oct 2011 - Sent ILR application
12 Jan 2012 - Discretionary Limited Leave to Remain issued

Sponsored Links