Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Non-priority Spousal Visa Timeline  (Read 266793 times)

• Liked: 113
Re: Non-priority Spousal Visa Timeline
« Reply #3930 on: July 22, 2018, 11:41:59 PM »
There doesn't seem to be anything illegal or shady about our plan ... not sure why it would be a problem?

I think the "problem" is that it will be very difficult to convince the border control officer that you have every intention of returning to the States after your wedding ceremony. You are married to a British citizen, you have a pending settlement application, I think you're unemployed (correct me if I'm mistaken), you've ended your lease, you are flying with your dogs, etc. So you do not have any strong ties to the States regardless if you're a lawyer.
#1 NON-PRIORITY UNMARRIED PARTNER
Living together since Nov 2014, son born on Mar 2016
Decision: Refusal (70 BD)
#2 PRIORITY SPOUSE
Online Application: 18 Mar 2018
Decision Made Email: 03 May 2018
Received Passport: 07 May 2018 (APPROVED)
Entered UK: 10 May 2018
#3 NON-PRIORITY FLR(M)
Online Application: 6 Jan 2021
UKVCAS Biometric Appointment: 2 Feb 2021
Decision Made Email: 22 Mar 2021 (APPROVED)

• Liked: 85
« Reply #3931 on: July 23, 2018, 12:23:50 AM »
I think the "problem" is that it will be very difficult to convince the border control officer that you have every intention of returning to the States after your wedding ceremony. You are married to a British citizen, you have a pending settlement application, I think you're unemployed (correct me if I'm mistaken), you've ended your lease, you are flying with your dogs, etc. So you do not have any strong ties to the States regardless if you're a lawyer.

Yes, exactly this. Even though you know you'll return, it won't look good to immigration.

Also, I forgot to mention that it might negatively affect any future applications you may make.
FLR(M) Timeline:
Application type: Spouse settlement visa extension (super priority)
BRP expiration: Late May 2021
Online application submitted: April 14, 2021
Biometrics appointment: April 25, 2021
Decision made: April 26, 2021 - emailed at 1:40 pm

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #3932 on: July 23, 2018, 08:54:09 AM »

The problem is a requirement of a UK settlement visa is that you are OUTSIDE the UK during the application process and when the visa is issued.  Otherwise, EVERYONE would simply come to the UK to not be separated from their loved ones during this process.

Poor Cali who has a very new baby and has been separated from her husband for many months while awaiting her visa and now sorting through her refusal.  Poor Dani who's son had cancer and they were not able to have their visa processed quicker through compassionate circumstances so that she could travel with her son during a break in his treatment - even though she had paid the extortionate "Gold" settlement priority service to ensure she could.  Everyone's situations drive sympathy and NONE of us would wish this process on our worst enemy. 

SaveMeFromTrump may be absolutely fine.  She's going to do what she's wants, that's very clear.  I am a bit curious if she would recommend someone do the same if it was USA Border Control versus UKVI.  And if she wants to definitely be able to enter the UK with no issues, I know how she can do it.  ;)  I just wouldn't recommend it.   

• Liked: 387
« Reply #3933 on: July 23, 2018, 06:04:53 PM »
She may be fine and be permitted entry to the UK as a visitor with her second US passport, but I still think it's a very risky gamble.

As you cannot have 2 visa applications lodged at the same time, my worry is that to grant the visitor visa (which while less formal than applying for a settlement visa, is still an in-person visa application at the port of entry), the settlement visa application will be considered withdrawn and superseded by this newer visit visa application.  Or conversely, because a settlement visa application is in progress, UKVI won't consider a request for a visitor visa and refuse her entry.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #3934 on: July 23, 2018, 06:11:23 PM »

As you cannot have 2 visa applications lodged at the same time, my worry is that to grant the visitor visa (which while less formal than applying for a settlement visa, is still an in-person visa application at the port of entry), the settlement visa application will be considered withdrawn and superseded by this newer visit visa application.

This is my concern too.

Varying an application for leave to remain
An applicant can vary the purpose of an application at any time before a decision on the application is served. Any application submitted where a previous application has not yet been decided is a variation of that previous application - an applicant can only have one application outstanding at any one time. See Variation of an application for leave- example scenarios.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/606967/Applications-for-leave-to-remain-v1.0.pdf

• Liked: 2
« Reply #3935 on: July 26, 2018, 01:18:42 PM »
We just received our decision made email this today, very surprised as today is only BD 48. I must admit that im feeling doubtful of an approval as we applied through the very complicated way of self employment, that along with the decision made email coming much earlier then expected im fearing a denial.

I read somewhere that denials are generally processed a bit faster then approvals, can any one clarify?

Now the dreaded wait for the documents to arrive back  :(

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #3936 on: July 26, 2018, 01:28:49 PM »
We just received our decision made email this today, very surprised as today is only BD 48. I must admit that im feeling doubtful of an approval as we applied through the very complicated way of self employment, that along with the decision made email coming much earlier then expected im fearing a denial.

I read somewhere that denials are generally processed a bit faster then approvals, can any one clarify?

Opposite!  Refusals take time.  Approvals are fast.  For refusals, they have to look at all sorts of extra factors to try to approve your visa through different routes.

I feel quite confident you have a pretty sticker planted inside your passport whizzing its way back to you!  :)

• Liked: 3596
« Reply #3937 on: July 26, 2018, 01:30:40 PM »

Actually, approvals are faster than refusals, because they have to spend more time looking into the reason for refusal, while an approval is quick and easy to process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #3938 on: July 26, 2018, 01:34:35 PM »
Thanks for the quick response guys, guess we just wait and see, ill update as soon as the package arrives.  :)

« Reply #3939 on: July 31, 2018, 06:10:14 PM »
Visa was approved, got the passport back today after a delay by UPS. Time line was 48 BD from documents received email to decision made email, much faster then we had anticipated after hearing about the summer backlog, guess there isn't a backlog this year.

• Liked: 129
« Reply #3940 on: July 31, 2018, 06:13:28 PM »
Visa was approved, got the passport back today after a delay by UPS. Time line was 48 BD from documents received email to decision made email, much faster then we had anticipated after hearing about the summer backlog, guess there isn't a backlog this year.
Congratulations!!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

« Reply #3941 on: July 31, 2018, 06:37:46 PM »

Fantastic!  ;D

• Liked: 248
« Reply #3942 on: July 31, 2018, 07:23:41 PM »
I wonder if PlssavemefromTrump was able to come in for their wedding? 

• Liked: 85
« Reply #3943 on: July 31, 2018, 07:26:09 PM »

Have a look here: https://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=94323.0 . :)
FLR(M) Timeline:
Application type: Spouse settlement visa extension (super priority)
BRP expiration: Late May 2021
Online application submitted: April 14, 2021
Biometrics appointment: April 25, 2021
Decision made: April 26, 2021 - emailed at 1:40 pm

« Reply #3944 on: July 31, 2018, 07:26:31 PM »

It all went pear shaped.

https://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=94323.0

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab