Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Any Lost fans?  (Read 21234 times)

• Social Worker in a Strange Land
  • Liked: 0
Any Lost fans?
« on: April 12, 2005, 07:44:56 PM »
I did a search and no one appears to be chatting about it yet...are there any fans of the show Lost?  I saw a teaser on T4 one Saturday morning so I assumed it would be starting here soon but that was like a month and a half ago!  I love this show! I'm not an avid follower of many tv shows but this one had me hooked before I left the States!  I'm just wondering if anyone knows when it might be airing here in the UK?
"Certainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." --Miriam Beard

• Snaps
  • Liked: 11
Re: Any Lost fans?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2005, 07:51:40 PM »
I've heard August, lisa. Lots of my friends in the US are really talking it up, so I'm looking forward to checking it out for myself!
My Project 365 photo blog: Snaps!

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2005, 08:00:31 PM »
It's amazing it's not here yet really!  It's such an amazing show!!!

• Life not only begins at 40, it begins to show.
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2005, 08:17:35 PM »
May I point you to another thread on this board where the subject has been discussed a few weeks ago: http://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=11241.0
"Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they're not after you." — Kurt Cobain

• my name is jonas
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2005, 09:43:55 PM »
ohhhhh.....i love Lost!  I have not missed an episode!  not even the day I had hip replacement surgery (tho I don't remember it  ;D )

my hubby's going back to the UK before the season ends and I am going to send him tapes of the remaining episodes...
had a bit of a wobble.

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2005, 07:19:50 PM »
Wow ... saw the 20th episode yesterday; it must have been the most enthralling one since weeks! No wonder, season finale isn't too far away!  :\\\'(
"Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they're not after you." — Kurt Cobain

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2005, 08:24:07 PM »
Wow ... saw the 20th episode yesterday; it must have been the most enthralling one since weeks! No wonder, season finale isn't too far away!  :\\\'(

ah, rub it in why don't cha? ;)
"Certainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." --Miriam Beard

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2005, 09:14:07 PM »
No prob, just tell me where you want it ... LOL  ;D

Hey, just saw one post of yours, saying your mum's coming over in a few weeks - let her bring you the missed episodes on tape! ;) On another note, if you spoke German, I could point you to a website where you could watch the show on a German channel (Pro7, I think it's on thursdays), it's totally legal! The site is some sort of 'personal video recorder' and tapes TV programmes that you can watch online. They're currently in beta testing so the service is (still) free.

• taking over birmingham one by one...
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2005, 04:52:26 PM »
ooo, "lost" rocks!!

i got sucked into it when i found out it would star a hobbit . ;D

but now i'm hopelessly addicted to it. it spawns so much thought & speculation.
it's not where you're born, it's where you belong

-U2, 'summer rain'

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2005, 01:40:54 PM »
On another note, if you spoke German, I could point you to a website where you could watch the show on a German channel (Pro7, I think it's on thursdays), it's totally legal! The site is some sort of 'personal video recorder' and tapes TV programmes that you can watch online. They're currently in beta testing so the service is (still) free.

I would love to know the URL of this site - thanks!  I poked around ProSieben's website but couldn't find it.

Many thanks again,

SoCal2London

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2005, 01:26:16 PM »
The website is www.shift.tv and you have to register with them. After the procedure, you can browse the German TV programmes up to 3 days in advance and mark the stuff you want to watch but it's only up to 2 hours in total. They say that it takes about twice the time of a shows duration to transcode the recording into a web compatible media format, so you can't watch the programme right away.

However, they've just recently implemented some sort of compliance with child/youth protection laws and require you to verify your age via passport on their site. Without it, you're limited to programmes aired between 6am to 8pm.

Needless to say, that the entire site and features are in German, so if you need help, just PM me.  :)

• Snaps
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2005, 10:23:04 PM »
I just read on another forum that Lost is starting in the UK during the first week of August (roughly) and will be Wednesdays at 10pm on Channel 4. Yaye!
My Project 365 photo blog: Snaps!

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2005, 10:27:43 PM »
I just read on another forum that Lost is starting in the UK during the first week of August (roughly) and will be Wednesdays at 10pm on Channel 4. Yaye!

THANK YOU!!!!!!

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2005, 09:48:21 PM »

YAY! I was hoping it would start when all the ER, Desperate and local series stop here soon, it seems like it's that time for turnover... I suppose I can hold out til August though!

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2005, 09:57:10 PM »
On another note, if you spoke German, I could point you to a website where you could watch the show on a German channel (Pro7, I think it's on thursdays), it's totally legal! The site is some sort of 'personal video recorder' and tapes TV programmes that you can watch online. They're currently in beta testing so the service is (still) free.

Unfortunately I studied French and Spanish...never found German to be a very nice language.  I have a hard enough time understanding Black Country! :D  Thanks for the tips though! Unfortunately my mom's luggage was filled with my requests for authentic mexican salsa, beans and cigarettes and kentucky bourbon.  Where are my priorities????

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab