Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Californian in love with a Brit  (Read 2248 times)

• Liked: 0
Californian in love with a Brit
« on: March 29, 2004, 10:56:30 AM »
Well I've been looking around this site for over a year now.  Finally decided to show myself and quite frankly, ask a load (he's rubbing off ;) ) of questions.  I apologize in advance  :)  My fiance and I just signed up and have finally made up our minds as to who is going where.  So what better place to ask than here, right?  
"You have to walk carefully in the beginning of love; the running across fields into your lovers arms can only come later when you are sure they wont laugh if you trip." - Jonathan Carroll, "Outside the Dog Museum" - From an e-card I sent Craig when I was 14
6 ½ years later... :D

Re: Californian in love with a Brit
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2004, 12:06:58 PM »
Welcome from a fellow Californian that fell in love with a Brit  ;D  So tell us - who's going where?

• Liked: 1
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2004, 03:55:09 PM »
Glad you delurked!  Welcome to UKY!
The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

• Cali girl in Wales
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2004, 09:30:44 AM »
Hi Kas_nut,

I too am a californian. What part of Cali are you from? Welcome. I am a newbie too and I LOVE this forum. Everyone is so friendly and helpful.

D

• Cali girl in Wales
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2004, 09:32:51 AM »
oops, it's late here in my neck of the woods. Sorry, I just noticed your location is on your post. Orange county is only a few miles south of Santa Barbara. Cool.

D

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2004, 09:36:03 AM »
I will be the one moving.  Six years and we just recently made the decision.  Am I scared?  ABSOLUTELY  :-/  I can't let that stop me though.  Please, words of encouragement would help.  I can do this right??  :-/
"You have to walk carefully in the beginning of love; the running across fields into your lovers arms can only come later when you are sure they wont laugh if you trip." - Jonathan Carroll, "Outside the Dog Museum" - From an e-card I sent Craig when I was 14

• Cali girl in Wales
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2004, 09:46:58 AM »
Yes, You can do this.  :) I am moving from CA to Wales soon and I am scared out of my mind too. I keep telling myself that it is such a wonderful adventure, a once in a lifetime experience. My fiance has been so incredibly supportive through all of my sobbing and anxiety. One minute I'm excited about all the new things to see and do over there, then the next I'm worying about my family, my loss of independence (that's a big one for me), and just plain scared of change in general. I'd love to be your cali stress buddy. IM me anytime you want to chat or to simply write down how you are feeling. Hang in there. I'm right here with ya.

D

• Anaheim Angels - 2002 World Series Champions!!!
    • Where I Live :)
Brit in love with a Californian
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2004, 10:36:46 AM »
I suppose being her future husband I thought i'd introduce myself too. I'm Craig, the love (so she tells me) of her life. This is just a hi to everyone on here and just a little note to Kassie, we can do this, you know we can, we've come this far and nothing will stop us, I love you honey.
I love you Kassie,
Yesterday,
Today,
Tomorrow,
Forever....

• Liked: 2
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2004, 02:20:41 PM »
Hi Kas .. and Craig, welcome to UK Yankee, I'm married to an Orange County native myself.. good luck with the move and just yell out if there's anything you want to know

Liz  :)

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2004, 07:28:44 PM »
Hi Kas and Craig.  Welcome to you both.  Great to meet you.  I know how you all feel about how large a step this is.  I'm moving to Wales in about 20 days.  GOD!  Marrying in 11.  Ok stomach has bats in it.  But whenever I speak to my finace everything settles down again.  He's my other half and I need to be with him.  Best of luck for you two.  Have faith in the strength of your relationship.  You can (and will) do it!  
Give a man an inch and he thinks he's a ruler!

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2004, 11:31:25 PM »
Neesa,
   we to are from Santa Barbara county, we are in Lompoc, moving to Manchester UK, May 1st!! Good Luck, everything will be fine.
Joanne

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2004, 12:13:20 AM »

Hiya Nas & Craig .Welcome to UKY  :)

you two brought a smile to my face after reading your posts because I remember the thrill and also the  anxiety knowing that I was giving up my life as I knew it,to be with the man that I loved  :)

we can do this, you know we can, we've come this far and nothing will stop us, I love you honey.

I think this sums it up actually how we all should feel   ;)

Rhia

• Garden Butterflies
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2004, 11:06:38 AM »
welcome nas and craig...  after our 3 year wait, i made the move last november...you will be fine...especially after 6 years of waiting...gawd, i would of gone nuts waiting that long.

hugs for your patience

shel
Logic is one thing, it keeps us in control!
But the heart only knows one, which is the  
depths of our soul!

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2004, 01:42:50 AM »
Thank you everyone for the sweet messages.  I figure that although I'm scared...it has to happen sometime and I'm can't say another goodbye again.  It isn't possible.  I'm just open to any suggestion that you all have.  Thank you all again.

• Hi there.
    • Mad House
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2004, 12:17:55 PM »
Hi to both of you, Im from UK married to Californian from San Jose, hope youll settle quickly once you join us all in England :-)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab