Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: US to South London  (Read 554 times)

• Liked: 0
US to South London
« on: May 21, 2004, 03:58:59 PM »
Hello all.

My husband recently accepted a job transfer to the UK and we are all excited about the move (a little nervous as well!).  Our two kids, 7 and 4, are excited about double decker busses, school uniforms, learning the accent, and seeing where Harry Potter lives!  The office is in Croydon but we are unsure where we will actually live.  I hear schools can be difficult to get into.  I have been lurking for awhile and finally decided to say hello.

We are originally from the west coast, Arizona and the San Francisco area, and are currently living in NW Arkansas.  Any tips on making the move easier are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

• Liked: 1
Re: US to South London
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2004, 04:33:35 PM »
Hi Savant and Welcome to UKY!  It's nice of you to stop and introduce yourself!

I wish I had tons of advice about moving, but I am in the midst of it myself. 

Well I hope you find some useful tips and feel free to post your questions in other parts of the forum.
The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

• Married! 4-7-4 (4th of April, 2007)
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2004, 05:10:25 PM »
Welcome to the site & good luck in your move.  There are many people moving to London in the near future (myself included) so you should be able to find the support you need..plus many who live nearby who'll help.  Best of luck!  :)

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2004, 01:18:33 PM »
  Hiya Savant and Welcome to UKY.Making a big move like this can be exciting,a bit scary and even intimidate you at times.

Like you have already been told there is plenty helpful info  out there,and if you have been here for just a bit,then you know that we are a very supportive community! :)

Good luck on your new adventure in life hon

Rhia

• tebs
  • AmericanTexBrit

• Portrait and Wedding Photographer
    • Murakami Photography
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2004, 02:43:55 AM »
Hi Savant :)

Can't help much about schools,, but wanted to Welcome you to this side of the pond :)  There is nothing too trivial to talk about here, as far as adjusting to life in the UK. It's great to be able to chat with others who have made, or are in the process of making the transition.

• Burlesque Dancing Yogini
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2004, 03:21:44 AM »
Hello!  :-*
Lived in Cheltenham, England> 2003-2004
Lived in London, England> August 2005- April 2009
Back home in Brooklyn, NY since April 2009

Sponsored Links