Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Newbie help  (Read 573 times)

• Liked: 0
Newbie help
« on: June 16, 2004, 10:40:11 PM »
can anyone help with a link or advice, My mother is us cit. was born & raised in the UK , I am now an adult child that desires to move to the UK as I spent my childhood summers there. My Mother resides here in the US . Am I eligable for dual citizenship ??? can I migrate to the UK with ease???
This is my first stab at this so forgive my ignorance..
S.  ;D

• Philadelphia, PA to York in 2000
  • Liked: 1
Re: Newbie help
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2004, 10:45:37 PM »
Welcome Steve!  ;D

I'm not particularly sure of the answer you need but I think that you should be able to emigrate relatively (no pun intended) easily.  Others here will know more and I'm sure will let you know. Perhaps check out the Visas section.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2004, 10:53:30 PM »
thank you !!!!

• tebs
  • AmericanTexBrit

• Portrait and Wedding Photographer
    • Murakami Photography
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2004, 11:00:53 PM »
Steve, Welcome to UKY :)

About your question tho, if your mother still retains a UK passport and citizenship, that is what will make the difference.  You should read what it says on the Home Office website about ancestry. I think even if you can show that your grandparents were UK citizens that you can immigrate. The real guru's here should be along soon to say for sure tho :)

• Philadelphia, PA to York in 2000
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2004, 11:07:46 PM »
Steve, Welcome to UKY :)

About your question tho, if your mother still retains a UK passport and citizenship, that is what will make the difference.  You should read what it says on the Home Office website about ancestry. I think even if you can show that your grandparents were UK citizens that you can immigrate. The real guru's here should be along soon to say for sure tho :)

Grandparents would even qualify you?? Drats. That may have been less stressful than the fiance visa! Ah well.

• tebs
  • AmericanTexBrit

• Portrait and Wedding Photographer
    • Murakami Photography
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2004, 11:21:01 PM »
That is what I understand,, but no further back than grandparents. I think,, lol.  Where are the others who know all, and see all? LOL

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2004, 11:27:09 PM »
I'm sure this will not matter at all, but according to my mother who was born in Hungary, (She and my grandparents all came here after the Revolution, and no longer have their Hungarian citizenships) now that Hungary is part of the EU, I am able to apply for dual citizenship there. 
Would have been funny though, I know about five words of Hungarian!!!!
I'm pretty sure though, that tebs and lynne are right about the grandparent thing in the UK though, I've heard that as well.

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2004, 02:23:10 AM »
Can't help much with the citizenship issue but wanted to say welcome to UKY!
The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab