Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Do I really need hubby's P60?  (Read 528 times)

• Liked: 0
Do I really need hubby's P60?
« on: September 16, 2008, 03:56:18 AM »
He doesn't have it and It's causing us problems to get it. So, is it really neccesary?
Also, We have a letter from the council allowing me to move in with my fiance and his family but it is dated from March... We will be applying later this month. Will that be ok?
Also, when I get my biometrics appointment, do they hand me the papers that I need from them? Thanks.

• My Blog
  • Liked: 1
Re: Do I really need hubby's P60?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 04:13:46 AM »
He doesn't have it and It's causing us problems to get it. So, is it really neccesary?

I would venture to say 'yes' on this one as the one I sent for my fiance, they ended up keeping. So that is probably one of the more important supporting documents.

Also, We have a letter from the council allowing me to move in with my fiance and his family but it is dated from March... We will be applying later this month. Will that be ok?

I'm pretty sure that it's okay as long as it's permission altogether. Did they state in the letter that it would only be valid from a certain time? (It may not be necessary to do this, but you may slap a post-it on the letter simply saying the letter was obtained long in advance for anticipation of applying for the fiance visa -- but they may put two and two together and understand that.)

Also, when I get my biometrics appointment, do they hand me the papers that I need from them? Thanks.

After you submit your application (online) it will prompt you to select a location and date for your biometrics appointment. Then you will be instructed to print portions of your application which will include a confirmation of your chosen biometrics appointment. You will be required to take this printout WITH you to the appointment (with your passport) and once they do the photograph and fingerprinting, they will stamp on your confirmation form that you completed your biometrics at the appointed time and date and you will then need to include that in your supporting documents to send off to the appropriate consulate.  :)

« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 04:16:19 AM by LoveMyBrit »
23 Jan 06 - Met Online
17 Jul 07 - ENGAGED!!! :-D
30 Jun 08 - Applied for Fiance Visa
22 Jul 08 - Received Visa
01 Aug 08 - Arrived in UK!
01 Nov 08 - MARRIED!!!
03 Nov 08 - In-person FLR(M) - GRANTED!!

19 Dec 09 - 1st son born :)

02 Oct 10 - KOL Passed
26 Oct 10 - ILR app (posted Special Delivery)
27 Oct 10 - online tracking confirmed delivery
30 Oct 10 - Confirmation via post
15 Nov 10 - ILR granted/documents returned!!!

05 Nov 13 - 1st daughter born :)

• Smiley Gifts World
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 06:58:38 AM »
The P60 is used to show your income...if you have a letter from employer and payslips you should be fine.

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 10:01:52 AM »
I agree with HG.  I almost never send P60's..the latest is from APril anyway, so wouldn't count for much.  Bank statements and payslips are fine.

I also think that a housing letter from Macrh is NOT good enough.  That is six months ago...you need something from the last month or so.

Vicky

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2008, 03:51:05 AM »
Well, this is what the letter says,

Dear Mrs Adams,

Thank you for your letter received into this office on March 13th 2008.
As I replied in the e-mail sent by your son on 5th March 2008, I can confirm that we would have no obligation to your son's girlfriend, Natasha moving into your property, as the house has 3 bedrooms and is large enough to accomadate her.

You will need to inform council tax if and when your son's girfriend moves in, as it may have a bearing on your charge.

It took us a while to get this letter and we want to apply within a couple of weeks.... Is it really neccesary?  Oh and as for the P60, We do have all his payslips and bank statements, so I'm sure we will be ok on that part.

I do have another question. We have 2,000 dollars in savings. Do we add that to our monthly budget or do we just put in the letter that it's their when needed?

Thanks!

• Liked: 31
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2008, 09:12:40 AM »
No obligation? Surely that should say objection!
Arrived as student 9/2003; Renewed student visa 9/2006; Applied for HSMP approval 1/2008; HSMP approved 3/2008; Tier 1 General FLR received 4/2008; FLR(M) Unmarried partner approved (in-person) 27/8/2009; ILR granted at in-person PEO appointment 1/8/2011; Applied for citizenship at Edinburgh NCS 31/10/2011; Citizenship approval received 4/2/2012
FINALLY A CITIZEN! 29/2/2012

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2008, 09:29:47 AM »
No obligation? Surely that should say objection!

;D

Good catch!   ;D

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2008, 06:40:09 PM »
I would never risk making an application with a support letter which is six months old. 

You can present the £2000 any way you like.

Vicky

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2008, 05:25:18 PM »
Thanks vicky. I contacted the lady today and she said she'll do it over and that she will get it out to my hubby asap! so glad. For the budget, I'd rather present it as money we just have in the bank. I wanna keep a steady budget with just our income.

Sponsored Links