Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Denial/appeal of Student Visa  (Read 352 times)

• Liked: 0
Denial/appeal of Student Visa
« on: September 16, 2008, 09:51:24 PM »
Ok, so I only found out through Brightnation's thread on this website that you are actually supposed to send in your physical passport with your other app materials through the mail. Yeah, yeah, I guess it seems stupid in retrospect, but really, truly, I never imagined that government officials would ask you to put your passport through the mail with all the illegal immigration concerns and identity theft we're experiencing right now. So I thought that biometrics checked it out, sent in your approved info, and then you got a separate visa. No matter now, here is my actual problem/question:
I was not fortunate enough to realize my mistake a few days later like Brightnation, and instead realized it 3 weeks later, when I should have received some sort of notice. So, I know it will definitely be rejected. Since I know this, how can I speed up the process of appeal so that I can still get to school on time?? School starts Oct 6, and I don't think they'd mind me being a little late, but do I have to sit here and wait for my rejection letter? Is there anything I can do to be proactive and begin getting the student visa all over again?

I am utterly distraught that I could go 3 weeks thinking everything was fine without anyone notifying me that there wasn't a snowball's chance in hell I was getting the visa. RRRRRRRRRRR, please advise,

Katherine

• Banned

• Liked: 4
Re: Denial/appeal of Student Visa
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 06:23:04 PM »
Appealing is a terrible idea, it will take months.  If you can't just send the passport, as all the others who have done this have been advised, then just withdraw the application and apply again.  But I really don't see why you don't fax them and then overnight the passport.

Vicky

Sponsored Links