Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Settlement Gold Premium Service Appointment  (Read 30763 times)

• Liked: 6112
Re: Settlement Gold Premium Service Appointment
« Reply #90 on: December 13, 2017, 01:34:30 PM »

So when u print the shipping lables do u just tape them to your package ... do u get the stuff sent back to u or the post office I'm kinda confused with the process ?! I know it's kinda a silly question

The labels are just pre-paid UPS postage so you will take your package to a UPS store, get the appropriate packaging and stick on your outward label.
Then include the return label in your package.

• Liked: 116
« Reply #91 on: December 13, 2017, 01:36:34 PM »
One label is to ship it back to you, put that inside with all your other papers.  You don't HAVE to get the two way one, I found it cheaper to go to FedEx to have it shipped to Sheffield that way.  Just make sure you do get the label to return it back to you as forgetting it can delay the visa.  It should go back to your house (or your parent's house, wherever you put as your US address I believe) not the post office. 

Also, do not use the US Postal Service for any part of this.
Spouse Visa:
Received by Sheffield 19 Nov 2016
Decision Made 26 Jan 2017
Visa Received 30 Jan 2017
Arrived in UK 15 Feb 2017
FLR (M) Biometrics 16 Sep 2019
FLR (M) Approved 17 Sep 2019 (Super Priority)

• Liked: 3598
« Reply #92 on: December 13, 2017, 01:45:35 PM »
For the Settlement Priority Processing service ($771):

- you purchase it on the VFS website and then print out your receipt and include it on the very top of your documents in the package. Then you write 'SETTLEMENT PRIORITY SERVICE' in large letters on the outermost packaging (i.e. the UPS packaging) so that it can be clearly seen.

For the shipping, you have a couple of options:

- purchase round-trip shipping from VFS Global ($227):
You will be emailed 2 shipping labels... print them and place the return label inside your package with your documents, and then take the other label with your package to UPS. They will provide you with an envelope and you place your documents inside. Then you place the label on it and they will ship it. Don't forget to write SETTLEMENT PRIORITY SERVICE on the outside

or

- purchase only the return shipping label from VFS Global ($141):
You will be emailed the label and you print it and place it with your documents in the package. Then you take it to UPS, DHL or FedEx and ship it to Sheffield yourself as normal.

or

- you don't use VFS Global shipping at all:
You will need to open an online account with either UPS or DHL (NOT FedEx as Sheffield will not return documents using FedEx) and include your online account number with your document.
Then you take your package to UPS, DHL or FedEx and ship it to Sheffield yourself as normal.
Once the visa has been processed, Sheffield will charge your online UPS or DHL account for the return shipping.

• Liked: 98
« Reply #93 on: December 13, 2017, 02:35:09 PM »

I just want a clear answer from them, in writing and have emailed them yet again.

So... Careful what you wish for? Still no decision from UKVI but I got a reply from VFS, and this time it couldn't be clearer. This totally contradicts what they told me in person "it'd be fine to travel," and what they said in the same email thread about holding my visa for a "respectable amount of time."

Dear applicant,

Once your decision is made and we contact you to let you know that your vignette is ready, it is required for you to send your passport back to us the next business day via the UPS waybill we have supplied you.  Once we have your passport the next business day we will return all your documents and passport to the address you have provided.

What I can't understand is why they would offer a service, highlighting that you can "keep your passport," if in fact you have to surrender it immediately and cannot use it?

@Soccer4ja9 you can go for the gold if you want, but in hindsight, if we could do it over again, we definitely wouldn't. We could've had a biometrics appointment 5 days sooner if we hadn't waited for the 2hr/week window for gold. Oh well!

I don't suppose there's any point in emailing them again and pointing out all the contradictions in their statements. If it weren't for my upcoming in-person interview, I'd just wait it out. Guess I just need to sit tight and suck it up.

I'll have to check out the priority thread and see if anyone else has received a decision recently. This might all be a moot point if we hear from UKVI within the next week... What a total crap shoot!
FLR(M) #1 (±25 WD)
Applied from: D.C.
Priority: Yes (VFS Gold Premuim)
Applied: 17 Nov 17
Appt at PAC: 29 Nov 17
Decision Email: 5 Jan 18
Passport sent to PAC:  8 Jan 18
Passport rcv'd: 13 Jan 18
Moved to UK: 1 Feb 18
——————————————
FLR(M) #2 (±97 WD)
Applied: 25 Jul 20
IDV: 9 Sep 20
Priority: No (n/a)
Approval: 9 Dec 20
BRP rcv’d: 18 Feb 20
——————————————
ILR
Applied: 11 Jan 23
Priority: Super
Bio Appt: 7 Feb 23
Approval: 7 Feb 23
BRP rcv’d: 10 Feb 23
——————————————
Citizenship
Online App: 24 Feb 24
Bio Appt: 2 Mar 24
Awaiting Decision

« Reply #94 on: December 13, 2017, 02:52:00 PM »

I don't suppose there's any point in emailing them again and pointing out all the contradictions in their statements. If it weren't for my upcoming in-person interview, I'd just wait it out. Guess I just need to sit tight and suck it up.

I would! I'd point out the contradiction and ask for clarification. You may not get far with it but at least it'll help to pass the time!  ;D

• Liked: 79
« Reply #95 on: December 13, 2017, 02:52:55 PM »
So... Careful what you wish for? Still no decision from UKVI but I got a reply from VFS, and this time it couldn't be clearer. This totally contradicts what they told me in person "it'd be fine to travel," and what they said in the same email thread about holding my visa for a "respectable amount of time."

What I can't understand is why they would offer a service, highlighting that you can "keep your passport," if in fact you have to surrender it immediately and cannot use it?

@Soccer4ja9 you can go for the gold if you want, but in hindsight, if we could do it over again, we definitely wouldn't. We could've had a biometrics appointment 5 days sooner if we hadn't waited for the 2hr/week window for gold. Oh well!

I'll have to check out the priority thread and see if anyone else has received a decision recently. This might all be a moot point if we hear from UKVI within the next week... What a total crap shoot!

I just don't understand why it is taking them so long after paying for this service... esp at this time of year and it should be placing your application ahead of everyone else ... with both of your experiences I will prob not be doing gold .. the only reason well the main reason I was choosing to do this was so I could avoid the shipping process witch I don't want to *bleep* up and to have all my relationship evidence looked at because I really don't know if I have to much or not .... I feel totally confused .. I can't imagin what you girls are going though .. in so sorry this has happened .. this is so wrong to do this to people !!!  Something needs to be done about this service
US girl met UK guy
Met Husband at England Rugby World Cup Oct 2015
Got engaged in Germany in July 2017
Got married in Philadelphia Oct 2017
Applying for Spouse visa for the UK
Application paid December 17th 2017
Bometrics booked for Dec 22nd 2017
Package sent off to Sheffield Dec 23rd 2017(priority)
Package recieved In Sheffield Dec 27th 😬🤞🏻
Decision email sent Jan 17th 2018 😬😳🤞🏻🙏🙌🏼
VISA APPROVED Jan 22nd
Cambridge here I come !!!
Applied FLR(M)  Sept 9th 2020
App invite.       Sept 23rd 2020
Submit FLR(M)Oct 5th.   2020

« Reply #96 on: December 13, 2017, 02:54:32 PM »

I just don't understand why it is taking them so long after paying for this service... esp at this time of year and it should be placing your application ahead of everyone else ... with both of your experiences I will prob not be doing gold .. the only reason well the main reason I was choosing to do this was so I could avoid the shipping process witch I don't want to *bleep* up and to have all my relationship evidence looked at because I really don't know if I have to much or not .... I feel totally confused .. I can't imagin what you girls are going though .. in so sorry this has happened .. this is so wrong to do this to people !!!  Something needs to be done about this service

They are definitely not checking the evidence properly, that's for sure. We can help you with that and the shipping side of things.

« Reply #97 on: December 13, 2017, 02:58:39 PM »
the only reason well the main reason I was choosing to do this was so I could avoid the shipping process witch I don't want to *bleep* up and to have all my relationship evidence looked at because I really don't know if I have to much or not

The shipping process is pretty much the easiest part. You purchase the shipping labels, print them, put the return in the package and take the other to UPS and they'll sort you out :).

And we can check your documents for free :) - I don't think the Gold service people even know what documents you're supposed to include anyway... whereas we've been helping people with their documents every day for years.

From what you've already posted, it sounds like you'll be fine with not using the Gold service, and you can just post a final list of your documentsbefore you mail everything, just to double-check.

« Reply #98 on: December 13, 2017, 03:05:15 PM »
Seriously thank you guys so much I'd be really lost without you .. as I'm sure a lot of people would be !

I'll be posting soon as I have a very small window to get everything done before my husband gets paid again .... the papers are in the mail with a 2 day globel service.. we checked the documents over and over before he sent them so I'll prob be paying for the application within the week !! So I'm sure u will be hearing from me as I'm so excited to get it over with but so nervous at the same time
US girl met UK guy
VISA APPROVED Jan 22nd

« Reply #99 on: December 13, 2017, 03:28:00 PM »
Do I have to use my card to pay or is it ok if I use my hasbands card to pay .. do I have to pay for the NHS and application in one lump sum or are they different payments ?
US girl met UK guy
VISA APPROVED Jan 22nd

« Reply #100 on: December 13, 2017, 03:31:15 PM »
Do I have to use my card to pay or is it ok if I use my hasbands card to pay .. do I have to pay for the NHS and application in one lump sum or are they different payments ?

You can use his card or yours. There will be more than one transaction because the IHS is separate from the application itself.

Do not pay for the application until you are 100% ready to apply though!

« Reply #101 on: December 13, 2017, 03:34:12 PM »

They are two separate payments - you will be directed to the IHS payment page to make that payment and then you go back to the online application page to finalise and pay the application fee.

You can use any card, however, if you use your husband's he may get hit with foreign transaction fees as the fee is charged in US dollars and then converted back to pounds (which will likely be about 2.5 to 3% of the total amount, depending on his bank).

Whichever card you use, I would inform the bank to expect the large transactions, otherwise they may decline the payment due to potential fraud.

« Reply #102 on: December 13, 2017, 04:02:23 PM »
They are two separate payments - you will be directed to the IHS payment page to make that payment and then you go back to the online application page to finalise and pay the application fee.

You can use any card, however, if you use your husband's he may get hit with foreign transaction fees as the fee is charged in US dollars and then converted back to pounds (which will likely be about 2.5 to 3% of the total amount, depending on his bank).

Whichever card you use, I would inform the bank to expect the large transactions, otherwise they may decline the payment due to potential fraud.
More money of course .. should have known .. 

Thank you !!
US girl met UK guy
VISA APPROVED Jan 22nd

• Liked: 95
« Reply #103 on: December 13, 2017, 06:53:43 PM »

Whichever card/cards you use, definitely call the bank first. We got all kinds of declined transactions and submitted in the middle of the night when there was no one to call.

Best of luck to you, I absolutely believe you'll be making the right decision to go with standard priority. Maybe one day gold premium will be a good service but I can't say it is currently.
FLR (M) Timeline:
Submitted Application Online: 14/10/20
Biometrics Appointment/Document Scanned: 13/11/20
Received Decision: 8/3/21 - APPROVED

ILR Timeline:
Submitted Application Online: 30/08/23
Biometrics Appointment/Documents Scanned: 29/09/23
Received Decision: 24/11/23 APPROVED

• Liked: 95
« Reply #104 on: December 13, 2017, 11:15:19 PM »

It is a clear answer, but unbelievable!    >:(

It's ridiculous that we're still waiting two weeks later. Today was the last day for me to get the visa in my hand before being stuck here until January and I'm so upset over it. What the hell even is Gold Premium Service? I want to e-mail asking for a list of what I received for the extra cost.
FLR (M) Timeline:
Submitted Application Online: 14/10/20
Biometrics Appointment/Document Scanned: 13/11/20
Received Decision: 8/3/21 - APPROVED

ILR Timeline:
Submitted Application Online: 30/08/23
Biometrics Appointment/Documents Scanned: 29/09/23
Received Decision: 24/11/23 APPROVED

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab