Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Apostil for marriage certificate?  (Read 342 times)

Apostil for marriage certificate?
« on: July 04, 2008, 01:39:01 PM »
I recently got married in Hawaii, and am trying to gather documents for my UK spouse visa application. In Hawaii we filled out a form to have a certified copy of our marriage certificate sent to us, and they told us we might need something called an apostil (or apostille?) for it to be registered in the UK, and we might need to send this along with the spouse visa application, though they couldn't tell us for sure if we need it. Searches online about this haven't been very helpful as to whether we need it or not. I keep finding things that say, you might need it, some countries need it. lol I wrote to Worldbridge (was directed to them by UKvisas) but they wouldn't answer any of my questions about what to send with my application, just saying they couldn't help me with deciding what documents to send. Ugh.

So now I'm looking to UK Yankee for help again.  :) For those who married in the US and applied for a UK spouse visa, did you need an apostil with your marriage certificate when applying? Or is the marriage certificate alone (a certified copy) enough?

I think the apostil is just a paper that you *might* need to register a US marriage certificate in the UK. I can't find which countries require it.

Thanks for any info!

• Banned

• Liked: 4
Re: Apostil for marriage certificate?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2008, 01:46:54 PM »
You do not need an apostile.

Vicky

Re: Apostil for marriage certificate?
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2008, 01:49:23 PM »
Cool, thanks!

We ordered an apostile for safe measure but it will arrive after our marriage certificate and would delay us.

So glad we don't need it!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab