Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Does VAF2 require proof of my US housing situation?  (Read 592 times)

• Liked: 0
Does VAF2 require proof of my US housing situation?
« on: October 17, 2005, 07:52:33 PM »
Hi folks,
I completed my vaf2 form via efasttrack and submitted a copy of the form and supporting documents via fedex. The email confirmation I got some hours later after I'd fedexed everything listed the documents I should have included, and it listed some things that I did not have. Here is the listing in full:
* completed application form VAF2
* your current passport
* your old passport or a copy of it
* two recent passport photographs (not more than six months old)
* Immigration status (Original not copy):e.g. Permanent residence card, Valid
+I-94 H1-B - L-1 - B-1 I-20 (Signed on reverse side) IAP-66 Employment
authorisation card with advance parole document
* evidence of funds available to you, for example recent bank statements
+covering at least the last three months
* a written invitation from your sponsor in the UK and a copy of their British
+passport/EU passport or UK residence permit
* evidence of your current accommodation, for example mortgage or tenancy
+documents, utility bills, etc.
* evidence of your sponsors accommodation in the UK, for example mortgage or
+tenancy documents, etc.
* evidence of your sponsors employment or intended employment in the UK, for
+example a contract or offer of employment, salary slips, etc.
* evidence of contact between you and your sponsor for example letters, email,telephone bills, etc.
The things I don't have in there are evidence of my current accomodation. I didn't think it was necessary. I rent, under-the-table, from a friend and colleague, whose number I did happen to include on the cover letter, in the 'notes on application' section, stating that I rent from her in cash and contribute to the bills, which are in her name, in cash. Will they just deny because of this, or will they ask for some sort of additional evidence? My landlady could write a letter, surely.. I also don't have that immigration-stuff because, of course, I am a US citizen. *Additionally* does the Chicago consulate send email confirmation? If so, is it sent the same-day, upon receipt of my fedex'd app and the e-app? Thanx; Esther

Re: Does VAF2 require proof of my US housing situation?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2005, 08:12:59 PM »
You have to provide a tenancy agreement. (not photocopied). If you don't have one with her then you would need to provide her tenancy agreement or her lease with a letter from her stating she is allowing you to stay there

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2005, 08:16:58 PM »
what should I do? Call them? Fax them a letter or fed-ex a letter and a copy of her lease? Wait for them to reject it and then do this?

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2005, 08:25:24 PM »
I would call them explain it to them and then send it to them, you will probably need your application number to go along with the lease as well

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2005, 09:18:46 PM »
I just got my fiance visa through the Chicago consulate and I didn't receive an email until it was approved last Friday. They had received it Wednesday morning, 10/12. According to ABTRAN, it's hit or miss whether they send out email confirmation.

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2005, 11:02:38 PM »
I had been floating around for about 5 months before applying for my visa but mostly staying at my dads. I wrote a letter in my dad's name stating that I'd been staying with him rent free for several months and asked him to sign it for me. I had no problem with my application.

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2005, 11:40:55 AM »
If there is no actual lease with your name on it, then you should provide a letter from your landlady and a copy of her lease/mortgage agreement, in order to show that there really is a property, that you are legally permitted to stay there (ie that the landlady's contract does not prohibit sub-letting) and to show that your living there will not lead to overcrowding.

Victoria

follow up - What I found out
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2005, 01:31:12 PM »
Hello,
In a bewildering fog of cuss words (mostly at myself) I called the expensive number and told them. I found out this:
a) I sent my app on Saturday but they probably will take ten days to process it, and THAT'S AFTER...
b) I send them a rental agreement signed by my landlady and a copy of her mortgage.
c) What we will actually be sending is the rental agreement and a copy of her title, not her mortage (the title is the document saying she legally owns the house so i think that will be fine)
d) I will be going to the fed-ex store this afternoon and fed exing the rest of this crap.
e) ALTHOUGH I HAD TO WAIT ON HOLD FOR FOUR MINUTES AT $2.10/MINUTE, the lady on the phone was extremely nice and helpful and even had a Scottish accent, my favorite of course :D She said that if they need any more crap they will email or call me.

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2005, 01:43:13 PM »
If there is no actual lease with your name on it, then you should provide a letter from your landlady and a copy of her lease/mortgage agreement, in order to show that there really is a property, that you are legally permitted to stay there (ie that the landlady's contract does not prohibit sub-letting) and to show that your living there will not lead to overcrowding.

Victoria

Oh, that reminds me... when I had my dad sign the letter I also got one of his utility bills just to show that he was residing at that address. We didn't include any sort of lease agreement or anything though.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab