Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Questions About Financial and Relationship Evidence  (Read 3839 times)

• Liked: 1
Re: Questions About Financial and Relationship Evidence
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2018, 01:01:37 PM »
I'm not sure about the line manager.  I believe it has to be someone with a certain level of authority, and I'm not sure line manager counts.

Your correspondence... you need 6 sets (each set being one jointly-addressed or two individually-addressed pieces of correspondence).  You have listed 8.  Is it possible to rearrange it to 6 sets, every four or five months, and avoid using ordered copies?  Or do you have nothing at all in 2017?

I have no correspondence for May in either year, hence the 8 items instead of 6.

We honestly have no other correspondence for 2017 apart from the bills we ordered. We moved from a shared accommodation into our home in April 2017 and didn't change our bills over from paperless until the end of the year.

My husband is especially bad with switching things over so it's a miracle that we have what we do.

We were going to include a cover letter explaining the discrepency, and since we have an in person appointment in Croydon we were going to bring all of our other correspondence with us just in case.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2018, 01:11:01 PM »
The guidance says the letter needs to be signed by a "senior official".  So depends on how senior your line manager is.  There's every chance they are perfectly qualified to write the letter. 

« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2018, 01:14:04 PM »
The guidance says the letter needs to be signed by a "senior official".  So depends on how senior your line manager is.  There's every chance they are perfectly qualified to write the letter.

At the moment he's still looking into finding someone from HR, if all else fails, then his line manager is going to have to write it for him.

« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2018, 06:53:24 AM »
More questions!

1. As we are both non salaried, will it matter if the annual amount on our employment letters are not the same as what we calculate for the application?

2. My payslips are issued online and do not have a company letterhead on them. I was going to have my HR include a line in my employment letter stating that they are authentic, but should I include the payslip dates and gross amounts on the employment letter too?

3. Just want some clarification on calculating the amount I'll be relying on for the application. We've decided to stick with CAT A:

March 30 £1026.88
April 27 £922.65
May 25 £893.56
June 29 £1163.23
July 27 £ 865.38
August 31 £1223.60
September 28 £941.85
October 26 £ ???

The above covers well over 6 months, so I add the total amounts ÷ 6 × 12?

Thanks again :)

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2018, 08:46:45 AM »
I'll be honest, I find the calculation under Category A super confusing.  As you are paid monthly and your partner every 4 weeks.

Can you list out which are his and which are yours.  And what is the 6 month period you are relying on?

You'll want the letter to verify the amounts and dates of each payslip.  For example:

I confirm that the following payslips are true and correct versions obtain from our company's intranet:

August 30, 2018, £1,000.00 Gross Pay
September 30, 2018 £1,002.12 Gross Pay

« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2018, 12:44:10 PM »
I'll be honest, I find the calculation under Category A super confusing.  As you are paid monthly and your partner every 4 weeks.

Can you list out which are his and which are yours.  And what is the 6 month period you are relying on?

I'm pretty sure we are relying on May to October since our appointment is November 13. I've added my March and April payslips to cover the full 6 months.

My Payslips

March 30 £1026.88
April 27 £922.65
May 25 £893.56
June 29 £1163.23
July 27 £ 865.38
August 31 £1223.60
September 28 £941.85
October 26 £N/A

Husband's Payslips

April 06 £1219.55
May 04 £1196.60
June 01 £1259.23 (£1703.01 with bonus)
June 29 £1257.22
July 27 £1059.09
August 24 £1242.99
September 21 £1253.15
October 19 £ N/A

You'll want the letter to verify the amounts and dates of each payslip.  For example:

I confirm that the following payslips are true and correct versions obtain from our company's intranet:

August 30, 2018, £1,000.00 Gross Pay
September 30, 2018 £1,002.12 Gross Pay

Alright, perfect.

« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2018, 05:12:28 PM »
I know I've been saying that we are both non salaried, but I just need to check for the sake of my sanity if we actually are. (I've been reading forums which say we aren't and it's got me all bent out of shape).

I get paid an hourly wage and am contracted to work 26.5 hours per week but if I have to cover someone's holiday, it's Christmas or someone's sick, I work more. All of my pay is different from month to month (as listed in the above post).

My husband works 36.5 hours per week. He can also do over time but due to the nature of his job in the company, doesnt really need to. Sometimes the amount he's paid monthly is exactly the same because he's paid every four weeks and sometimes it varies. On his old contract it doesn't state an hourly rate, it states a weekly one but on his payslips it states and hourly rate.

I'm convinced I would be considered non-salaried, but now I'm not so sure about my husband.

• Liked: 3596
« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2018, 05:24:19 PM »
I know I've been saying that we are both non salaried, but I just need to check for the sake of my sanity if we actually are. (I've been reading forums which say we aren't and it's got me all bent out of shape).

I get paid an hourly wage and am contracted to work 26.5 hours per week but if I have to cover someone's holiday, it's Christmas or someone's sick, I work more. All of my pay is different from month to month (as listed in the above post).

My husband works 36.5 hours per week. He can also do over time but due to the nature of his job in the company, doesnt really need to. Sometimes the amount he's paid monthly is exactly the same because he's paid every four weeks and sometimes it varies. On his old contract it doesn't state an hourly rate, it states a weekly one but on his payslips it states and hourly rate.

I'm convinced I would be considered non-salaried, but now I'm not so sure about my husband.

You are definitely non-salaried, but I'm not sure about your husband.

Non-salaried:
You are paid by the hour and are contracted for X hours per week. You do not have a fixed salary.

Salaried:
You have a fixed salary, as stated in your contract, and the base pay is the same on each payslip regardless of how many hours you worked (unless you claimed overtime, but you would still have the same base salary listed, and then any overtime would be added as an extra line on the payslip).

« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2018, 05:35:27 PM »
You are definitely non-salaried, but I'm not sure about your husband.

Non-salaried:
You are paid by the hour and are contracted for X hours per week. You do not have a fixed salary.

Salaried:
You have a fixed salary, as stated in your contract, and the base pay is the same on each payslip regardless of how many hours you worked (unless you claimed overtime, but you would still have the same base salary listed, and then any overtime would be added as an extra line on the payslip).

Well I've looked through his payslips and the basic pay is different every month. So would he be considered non-salaried...?

There are other additions to his base pay like location pay and holiday pay, but the base pay is always different even if the gross amount is the same.

« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2018, 09:39:03 PM »
Hi everyone,

My husband has run into a huge problem regarding his letter of employment.  :\\\'(

The company he works for is unwilling to give him a letter stating what is required for the visa. His HR will only confirm that he works there but will provide no additional details in regards to his wages. This is absolutely heart breaking and I am terrified that I will have to go back home in January.  :\\\'(

We have no other choice but to ask his line manager to write him a letter and hope that it is accepted by the ECO when we go to the in person appointment. Will this be accepted? Should we state in our application that his HR is not willing to write the letter for him?

I'm very upset and scared.

« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2018, 10:02:49 PM »
There’s nothing at all in the guidance that says HR has to write the letter, so it might actually better for his Line Manager to write it instead.

In fact, if the payslips need to be verified, it’s actually a ‘senior official’ who must authenticate them in a letter.

The guidance simply states that for the employer letter, you need:

(b) A letter from the employer(s) who issued the payslips at paragraph 2(a) confirming:
(i) the person’s employment and gross annual salary;
(ii) the length of their employment;
(iii) the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in the application; and
(iv) the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency).

And for the payslips:

(bb) Payslips must be:
(i) original formal payslips issued by the employer and showing the employer’s name; or
(ii) accompanied by a letter from the employer, on the employer’s headed paper and signed by a senior official, confirming the payslips are authentic;

See: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-fm-se-family-members-specified-evidence

And if you need to provide both of the above, they can just be combined into one letter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2018, 10:16:03 PM »
There’s nothing at all in the guidance that says HR has to write the letter, so it might actually better for his Line Manager to write it instead.

In fact, if the payslips need to be verified, it’s actually a ‘senior official’ who must authenticate them in a letter.

The guidance simply states that for the employer letter, you need:

(b) A letter from the employer(s) who issued the payslips at paragraph 2(a) confirming:
(i) the person’s employment and gross annual salary;
(ii) the length of their employment;
(iii) the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in the application; and
(iv) the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency).

And for the payslips:

(bb) Payslips must be:
(i) original formal payslips issued by the employer and showing the employer’s name; or
(ii) accompanied by a letter from the employer, on the employer’s headed paper and signed by a senior official, confirming the payslips are authentic;

See: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-fm-se-family-members-specified-evidence

And if you need to provide both of the above, they can just be combined into one letter.

Thanks a lot Ksand! I feel a little better knowing that his line manager can write the letter for him. The only thing his payroll is willing to do for him is to stamp his payslips so at least that'll be covered.

Questions About Financial and Relationship Evidence
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2018, 10:20:08 PM »
Thanks a lot Ksand! I feel a little better knowing that his line manager can write the letter for him. The only thing his payroll is willing to do for him is to stamp his payslips so at least that'll be covered.

Actually, as you can see in the guidance I posted above, if the payslips are not original, they must be accompanied by a letter from a ‘senior official’ confirming their authenticity. They should not be stamped.

As I said, this can be combined with the main employer letter. His line manager should list the date and amount of each payslip.

« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2018, 11:01:06 PM »
Actually, as you can see in the guidance I posted above, if the payslips are not original, they must be accompanied by a letter from a ‘senior official’ confirming their authenticity. They should not be stamped.

As I said, this can be combined with the main employer letter. His line manager should list the date and amount of each payslip.

Thank you, I will let my husband know.

• Banned

• Liked: 0
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2018, 10:53:59 PM »
Hello everyone!  :)

I'm a new member here, but I have been lurking around on this forum and some others for the past few months trying to gather as much info as possible for my first FLR M application.

Let me give you guys a little background to start... I am currently on a Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme Visa which will expire in January of next year. My now husband and myself have been dating since 2012 and very recently got married on September 21st, 2018.  ;D We are both non-salaried and plan to combine our income using Category A. We have a premium service centre appointment booked for November 13th at the office in Croydon.

Now on to the questions!

#1. How many payslips should I include in my application?

The guidance says to provide 6 months worth, does this mean only 6 payslips or however many you need to cover the 6 month period they require? I've come to realise that even if I submit 7 payslips, they will be 1 day short of covering a full 6 months  :\\\'( and if I submit an 8th I'll be nearly a month over. ??? Since I'm non-salaried this makes figuring out my gross annual income a bit of a headache.

#2. My husband is paid every 4 weeks so, as per my above question, how many payslips should we include for him? He was paid twice in June as well, I'm unsure if this is going to affect the way we calculate his income.

#3. What relationship evidence should we supply in support of our application?

We have been living together in the UK since I arrived on my YMS visa in January 2017. We were planning to submit correspondence (utility bills, credit card statements, NHS letters, HMRC letters etc.) that covers the period we have been living together before and after marriage as well as our marriage certificate.

Is this sufficient or will the ECO be expecting chat logs (many of which have been deleted due to changing phone numbers/providers, MSN being swallowed alive by Skype etc.) and photos of us throughout the duration of our relationship?

Thank you so much in advance and If anyone can help us out we would be thrilled! Thanks a million. :D

IN your circumstances seems like evidence of cohabitation you have in mind is good enough, you may throw in a couple of wedding photos showing friends and family and photos of the two of you in social context.

As to payslips again please understand this is not about how many there are, it is about covering 6 months IN FULL, so my novemebr 13 you make sure your most recent pay slip and bank statement are no older than 28 days, and then subtract 6 months from the date of most recent one. Has to be full 6 months of evidence, and each payslip supported by bank statement with corresponding credit.

If you are relying on cat 1 as nonsalaried, in each case when each of your 6 months payslips are averaged, and then the average is muptiples by 12, and they are added together, must be above the requirement.

Also it's a bit tricky for a T5 to rely on his or her salary for a self-sponsored spouse application, since conceptually you cant possibly be filling the permanent post. make sure your required employer letter refers to the end of your contract according to your visa.  i explored this previously and found that -- why not, but again be aware this is not very usual.

****Disclaimer: I am a Level 3 OISC advisor and so my opinions are informed by knowledge of the law and years of practice. Yet, no opinion given without detailed review of an individual case should be taken or treated as competent legal advice.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab