Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Questions About Financial and Relationship Evidence  (Read 3838 times)

• Liked: 1
Re: Questions About Financial and Relationship Evidence
« Reply #60 on: November 09, 2018, 08:46:36 PM »
Anyone?  ??? ???

• Liked: 537
« Reply #61 on: November 09, 2018, 08:49:53 PM »
Anyone?  ??? ???
I am pretty sure you have to fill out the online form now as your appointment is several days past when they switched to online only. If it had been the day after you may have gotten away with the old form.

I'm sure someone will see your thread shortly.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #62 on: November 09, 2018, 08:56:33 PM »
That would mean cancelling our appointment wouldn't it?  ??? Omg this is just so messed up, we don't have the resources to pay for this application again. I thought because we had paid for the appointment and application way before the changes took place we would be able to submit with the old form

« Reply #63 on: November 09, 2018, 08:59:00 PM »
You shouldn't have to pay again.
I started to fill out the online form last time and stopped partway through.

Is there not a way to fill it out and print it without making a payment? You already have the appointment booked and paid for.

The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #64 on: November 09, 2018, 09:26:45 PM »
I'm trying to quickly fill in the application now and see what happens on the payment page. I'm pretty sure it won't let you progress unless you make a payment. When I log into my appointment booking it doesn't link me to the new application.

« Reply #65 on: November 09, 2018, 10:05:36 PM »
I'm trying to quickly fill in the application now and see what happens on the payment page. I'm pretty sure it won't let you progress unless you make a payment. When I log into my appointment booking it doesn't link me to the new application.
Anytime they changed the application form they required you to do the new one,even if it was changed the day before.

Has anyone else had this happen?on the forum?

« Reply #66 on: November 09, 2018, 10:15:21 PM »
I'm really freaking out about this ... After all our hard work and preparation it just seems so messed up that they'd make this kind of change with no consideration of people who had previously booked appointments.

In order for me to properly print out the form I'll have to pay again. I can download it but it says that it's partially completed at the top

« Reply #67 on: November 10, 2018, 02:40:42 AM »
In the event we have to cancel the in person appointment and submit our application as postal. What does that entail? Is the date of the application the date they receive our package or the date we print off the online form?

When I was going through the online form it kept saying that we should submit 12 months of payslips and bank statements, I haven't been able to find any new guidance that states that this is the new requirement for cat a ... My husband and I are combining incomes to meet the requirement under cat a and the only option that says we should submit 6 months payslips and bank statements is the one that says we individually meet the financial requirement...

I'm deathly afraid as we went from having a pretty solid application yesterday to absolute shambles today.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 02:55:17 AM by hexamel »

• Liked: 3596
« Reply #68 on: November 10, 2018, 03:13:49 AM »
In the event we have to cancel the in person appointment and submit our application as postal. What does that entail? Is the date of the application the date they receive our package or the date we print off the online form?

It should be the date you submit the online application and pay for the visa, after which you have 15 working days for your documents to reach Sheffield.

When I was going through the online form it kept saying that we should submit 12 months of payslips and bank statements, I haven't been able to find any new guidance that states that this is the new requirement for cat a ... My husband and I are combining incomes to meet the requirement under cat a and the only option that says we should submit 6 months payslips and bank statements is the one that says we individually meet the financial requirement...

There has been no change to the requirements. If you are Category A and are combining your income, you submit only 6 months of payslips and bank statements each.

I imagine it’s just a badly designed online form (which is the reason we were recommending using the paper form before it was taken offline).

I'm deathly afraid as we went from having a pretty solid application yesterday to absolute shambles today.

Personally, I think you will likely be fine to attend the appointment you have booked and to submit the paper form you have already filled out... because your booked your appointment before they took away the paper form, and it’s my opinion that they shouldn’t expect you to start over just because they changed the system after you booked through the old system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #69 on: November 10, 2018, 03:39:35 AM »
That was my thought too, ksand. I was under the impression that because we had booked under the old system in October that the old rules would apply to us.

I've seen on a few other forums that people are experiencing the same thing. When it was announced that the in person appointments wouldn't be available any longer, a lot of people grabbed them while they could without filling in the old online form.

It makes no sense that they would continue to allow people to make same day appointments all the while knowing that they would soon be removing the paper form ...

My husband is going to call the Croydon office tomorrow and see what they say.

Honestly I'm so upset about all of this, it blows my mind that things can change so drastically.

• Liked: 3596
« Reply #70 on: November 10, 2018, 03:59:23 AM »
My husband is going to call the Croydon office tomorrow and see what they say.

Honestly I'm so upset about all of this, it blows my mind that things can change so drastically.

It’s really frustrating - they’ve been so vague and disorganised with the whole thing that nothing is clear. Plus, they’ve brought in a ton of changes all at once with very little guidance and a load of contradictions depending on where you look (changes to how out of country applications are processed and where they are sent, to how the documents can be submitted for out of country applications, to the document size and format for out of country applications, changes to in-country Premium Services, to form types, to how appointments are booked).

And everyone is understandably asking questions about what to do, but I have no idea what’s going on myself, so I can’t even given informed advice - I’m just assuming and guessing along with everyone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #71 on: November 10, 2018, 09:33:54 AM »
We haven't been able to get in contact with anyone from Croydon and the UKVI helpline is shut until Monday. I am freaking out so badly.....when I read the new pages on the government website it says that you can use the old system until 29th November so does that mean we can submit the old form at our appointment? Or does that mean the options you have when applying with the online form will be the old way?

Please I don't want to be separated from my husband because of this. Should I fill in the new paper form even though we aren't asking for a fee waiver and bring that to the appointment?

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #72 on: November 10, 2018, 09:56:19 AM »
We haven't been able to get in contact with anyone from Croydon and the UKVI helpline is shut until Monday. I am freaking out so badly.....when I read the new pages on the government website it says that you can use the old system until 29th November so does that mean we can submit the old form at our appointment? Or does that mean the options you have when applying with the online form will be the old way?

Please I don't want to be separated from my husband because of this. Should I fill in the new paper form even though we aren't asking for a fee waiver and bring that to the appointment?

That is what I would do, I would attend the in-person appointment with the most recent version of the paper form and I would take the  older version of the form as backup!

« Reply #73 on: November 10, 2018, 10:28:43 AM »
Do you think they'll be understanding of the situation though? I'm absolutely terrified.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #74 on: November 10, 2018, 10:43:03 AM »
Do you think they'll be understanding of the situation though? I'm absolutely terrified.

Yes, I do.  Please try not to worry too much.  I feel so bad for you and everyone else going through this at the moment. The application is stressful enough without all the uncertainty thrown in.

Sponsored Links