Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Where did you meet your significant other?  (Read 15863 times)

• Liked: 1894
Re: Where did you meet your significant other?
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2018, 11:44:52 AM »
My future wife and I met in 2002 while we were both working for Royal Caribbean on the M/S Vision of the Seas. We were at a crew party on the back deck, and when the party ran out of alcohol I said to her, "I've got a bottle of wine in my cabin."

How does anybody ever meet if it's not work?  Other than dodgy dating sites...

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2018, 12:05:10 PM »

This is the long game, I admit, but a brain tumor worked for me.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2018, 12:16:17 PM »

bars I guess?? If you're willing to accept that AT LEAST 50% of people there aren't looking for an actual relationship.

Maybe through meetup groups/hobby groups?
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 958
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2018, 12:23:18 PM »
I think through friends seems to be a common one as well, even loosely. Like you meet someone randomly, realise you have mutual friends so they must be ok, and then boom... Relationship.

The last serious relationship I had before my husband, I met him through a message board but we had real life mutual friends. I was trying to wrap my head around some music software and they suggested him as someone who could help. We wrote some great music together, had a lot of good times but then I got sick and he wouldn't move out of his parents house so that didn't work out.  I actually met all my UK friends who introduced me to my husband through him so it worked out OK in the end ;)

• British Citizen, American Fiance
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2020, 09:49:32 PM »
Me and my FH met on a writing forum. Out of the blue, I had a flash of inspiration for a sci-fi story idea, but wanted to bounce ideas around on how I could pull it all together. So I joined a writing forum, and created a thread. He was the second person to respond to it, with a joke that I didn't appreciate at the time (I was very serious when I joined). I got used to the site, and saw him comment a lot in other threads over the next 6 weeks before I plucked up the courage to publicly declare my interest (go big or go home  ;) ) then when he liked my confession, I messaged him directly. We've spoken nearly every day since.  ;D

As an additional extra, my avatar is actually a picture of his hands.  :D
Met June 2018
Got engaged March 2019

• Liked: 4
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2021, 12:34:31 PM »
My husband and I met on an MMORPG that were both beta testing at the time (2007.) I joined his guild, and we just started to play together every day. Eventually, we exchanged MSN names, and started to chat on there when we weren't playing the game lol. We found out that we had a lot of common interests, and we really got on well with each other. It was just as if we knew each other for a long time. One day, he sent me a letter he typed up, confessing his feelings for me. I was overwhelmed with joy, and eventually wrote my own letter. The rest is history. :)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab