Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Visa for shortage occupations: social work?  (Read 374 times)

• Liked: 0
Visa for shortage occupations: social work?
« on: March 05, 2006, 09:39:07 PM »
I'm a 22-year-old American girl. After I graduated from university in 2004 with a BA in English, I went over to England on a BUNAC visa. I spent my time working in London, living over in Bethnal Green and Hackney.

I completely fell in love with the country, and want to return there to live. I'm coming back over on my second BUNAC visa in May, but after that I'm considering pursuing further education in order to qualify for a job in a shortage occupation for which work permits are generally granted; specifically, I would be interested in a two-year course to become a social worker.

Ideally, I'd like to obtain the qualifications necessary to work as a social worker, work in England for four years, and apply for ILR.

I am still not entirely sure how the process would work or how feasible my plan is, but I hope to find some answers or advice on this forum. Has anyone here managed to find a sponsor for a work visa as a social worker? I know it's classified as a shortage occupation, but I'm not sure how strong the need for social workers is.  Any feedback would really be appreciated. Thanks!

• Liked: 0
Re: Visa for shortage occupations: social work?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2006, 10:20:41 PM »
I just did it and so have a few others on this board... read the thread Calling all Social Workers under on the job and you will get  lots of info!  ;)

Sponsored Links