Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Civil Partnership and tourist Visa  (Read 450 times)

• Liked: 0
Civil Partnership and tourist Visa
« on: March 07, 2006, 12:14:55 PM »
Hello, i was looking aroun internet and found this forum, im not american, but i think that my case could be here as well, Im peruvian, im already in the uk as a tourist, my boyfriend and i decided to join into the civil partnership, but when i get the visa i couldnt apply for a 'to join partner' visa cause was on 9th november, also i decided to tell to my parents that im gay, and my father wants me to join into the army, he is military, so he can realise the idead about a GAY SON, my boyfriend wants me to stay here with him and start to have alive together as a civil partners, but I cant join into it, without the correct visa, i have to go back to peru, but it will cost me in averge £2000 (tickets plus embassy fees) and probably my father wont let me go back, I want to apply to the certificate in the uk, but im not usure if im allow or not, anyone can help me, i dont want to be an overstayer and my visa expired on 9th may, hope i can find a way to live with my love and dont have to leave him, and also dont have to feel worried about my family,..

thanx

• Banned

• Liked: 4
Re: Civil Partnership and tourist Visa
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 12:45:59 PM »
Have you lived together for 2 years? Have you actually entered into a Civil Partnership?

Victoria

• Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2006, 12:52:13 PM »
no we couldnt, cause i traveld twice to the uk as a tourist but this time we want to settle our relantionship, and i have to many things on me now,

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2006, 12:56:02 PM »
Peru is a visa-national country, and there's no way to normalise your status for settlement without an entry clearance from our consulate there.  None.  Full stop none.  I helped a UK/Peruana couple in January securing an entry clearance, and I recall that the refusal rate for settlement is the highest on the South American desk.  So my advice would be to use your time here to build a strong settlement portfolio and return to Peru with it when you are ready to apply.

Sadly also this forum is mostly populated by nationals from a fast-track country, and lots of the personal experiences you read won't work as well in a visa-national country.  

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2006, 01:03:56 PM »
Hi Eduardo,

Maybe check out the UK's Immigration & Nationality Directorate site: www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk?

I hope things go well for you. I wish you and your partner all the best.

Melissa x

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2006, 01:40:17 PM »
You might also find helpful info or contacts via Stonewall's site:

http://www.uklgig.org.uk/

Best of luck to you and your partner, Eduardo!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab