Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Chatroom usage  (Read 6707 times)

• Liked: 25
Chatroom usage
« on: October 16, 2006, 03:45:56 PM »
If you're using Windows IE and the chat applet is not loading, you may need to install (or reinstall) the Java Runtime Environment. If you have it installed but chat's not working, you'll need to uninstall it first and then download a fresh version.

http://www.java.com/en/download/windows_ie.jsp

On first time usage it will ask you to register for the chat server which is separate from the forum. Once you do so, it will log you into chat automatically afterward, if you are logged into UKY.

Live chatroom statistics will soon be available, who's in chat and how many, I'm working on it at the moment and hopefully it will be completed within a few days. You may see Toto in the chatroom, this is a bot that collects statistics and not a real person. (Now that I have Toto getting stats, I have to get it to put the stats on the web from my pc!) Toto probably won't respond to much at the moment, but that might change in the future to include automatic trivia games and the like.

Toto does do a few things...
[15:42] Leah: !top10
[15:42] Toto: Top10(words): 1. Leah(20)
[15:43] Leah: !stat
[15:43] Toto: Leah: 21 words, 113 letters, 0 smilies, time wasted: 2 hours 5 minutes .

New toys to tell us time wasted, lol. ;D

• Liked: 0
Re: Chatroom usage
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 11:33:00 PM »
I've clicked on the linked and been told I have the proper java set up.  But when I click on chat on the the website, nothing happens.  what is my next step?

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2010, 10:20:37 AM »
I'll try to have a look at it over the weekend. (The chatroom statistics on the forum index are not related to the chatroom itself working.)

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2010, 10:49:34 AM »
I am using up to date (I think) Java (Version 6 update 18 build 1.6.0_18-b07 copyright 2010) and Firefox on Windows 7 64 bit and I get a bunch of error messages

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/ukyank/public_html/chat/lib.php on line 86

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/ukyank/public_html/chat/lib.php on line 87

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/ukyank/public_html/chat/lib.php on line 88

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/ukyank/public_html/chat/lib.php on line 89

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/ukyank/public_html/chat/lib.php on line 90

then it tries to run the app but it triggers a security warning saying that jchat's digital signature has expired.

validity...

[From: Mon Jan 31 09:10:57 GMT 2005,
 To: Tue Jan 16 08:59:02 GMT 2007]
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 10:52:23 AM by TrĂ©mula »

• Liked: 163
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2010, 12:36:25 PM »
I am using up to date (I think) Java (Version 6 update 18 build 1.6.0_18-b07 copyright 2010) and Firefox on Windows 7 64 bit and I get a bunch of error messages

then it tries to run the app but it triggers a security warning saying that jchat's digital signature has expired.

validity...

Same here on Google Chrome 4.1 and Vista Home Premium.

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2010, 12:39:02 PM »
Same here on Google Chrome 4.1 and Vista Home Premium.

Same here I'm on IE8 w/compatibility view & Vista HP.

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2010, 10:44:14 PM »
I am going to be implementing a website overhaul soon, hopefully the next bank holiday weekend. I think it's best to swap out the old chat for a new model.

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2010, 10:46:19 PM »
Ooooh... that sounds exciting Leah.  Will it be loads different from the old one or do you know yet?

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2010, 11:00:27 PM »
The one I've looked at has a similar standard chatroom interface, I had a brief test earlier. It also supported sounds and voice, with screen sharing and whiteboard options. It isn't a java applet so we won't have those issues. It seems to be flash based, but it's very lightweight and loads fast. It wouldn't be integrated with the forum however. It uses twitter or facebook authentication.

• Thence we came forth to rebehold the stars
  • Liked: 21
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2010, 10:57:53 AM »
Sounds cool!  :)
Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in...

- from Anthem, by Leonard Cohen (b 1934)

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2010, 11:08:34 AM »

• Liked: 0
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2010, 10:28:19 AM »
I cannot seem to make an initial post.  Can't figure out how to do it.  Didn't think I was a compete putz, but can't figure it out.  Please help.
Does anyone know where to find Dill pickles in Ireland?  The American, not sweet variety!  Every pickle here is either sweet or in brine.  It's just not right!

• Liked: 3597
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2010, 10:33:59 AM »
I cannot seem to make an initial post.  Can't figure out how to do it.  Didn't think I was a compete putz, but can't figure it out.  Please help.

An initial post on the forum? You've just made one :).

If you couldn't make a post, it wouldn't have let you write this - what you've just written on this thread is your initial post.

• Liked: 2
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2010, 11:20:32 AM »
I cannot seem to make an initial post.  Can't figure out how to do it.  Didn't think I was a compete putz, but can't figure it out.  Please help.

An initial post on the forum? You've just made one :).

If you couldn't make a post, it wouldn't have let you write this - what you've just written on this thread is your initial post.

I think Zaba_Be meant they couldnt get the chat room to work I could be wrong though  ;)  but I cant get the chat to work either I have tried several times without any luck.  [smiley=disappointed.gif]

• Liked: 3597
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2010, 11:35:22 AM »

I think Zaba_Be meant they couldnt get the chat room to work I could be wrong though  ;)  but I cant get the chat to work either I have tried several times without any luck.  [smiley=disappointed.gif]

I did think that at first, but I couldn't even find the chatroom on the board, so I thought maybe they meant just a normal post (especially as it was actually Zaba_Be's first post on the forum), so I kind of guessed the meaning based on that - maybe I was wrong though.

Sponsored Links