Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Recent Unread Topics/Updated Topics  (Read 1693 times)

• Liked: 1
Recent Unread Topics/Updated Topics
« on: October 24, 2010, 04:53:24 AM »
For some reason, the links on the top of the page that send you to the list of recently updated topics and topics that you've posted in that have been updated have disappeared for me.  Has this happened to anyone else?  Any idea how I can get them back? Thanks. :)

• Liked: 4
Re: Recent Unread Topics/Updated Topics
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2010, 04:56:55 AM »
I just read this thread from that very link.  Not sure why they aren't on your page.  I rely on that link as the forum itself is too big to keep up with.

• Liked: 3597
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2010, 08:07:28 AM »
I just read this thread from that very link.  Not sure why they aren't on your page.  I rely on that link as the forum itself is too big to keep up with.

Me too - the link is still there on my page, right below 'Good morning, ksand24' and next to my avatar, it says:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

You have X messages, X are new.

I use the Recent Unread Topics link every single day to view the forum... in fact, it's that page, not the main forum page, that I have in my favourites so that I can go straight to it.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2010, 10:04:03 AM »
At the top right hand side of your page you should see a plus sign. It's to the right of the date and time. If you click on that it should reappear for you.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 12:47:43 PM by Sista Girl »

• Snaps
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2010, 10:48:54 AM »
At the top right hand side of your page you should see a plus sign. It's to the right of the date and time. If you click on that is should reappear for you.

Ah, clever! I bet that's what happened for the OP. I never knew that plus or minus sign existed until now! Mine's always just been set the right way.
My Project 365 photo blog: Snaps!

• Liked: 4
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2010, 12:41:40 PM »
At the top right hand side of your page you should see a plus sign. It's to the right of the date and time. If you click on that is should reappear for you.

THANK YOU!!! This has been driving me crazy for months!

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2010, 12:51:58 PM »
You're welcome!

I only knew about it because months ago it happened to me. I didn't change any setting at all, just signed on as I normally would and they had disappeared. Someone else on here helped me out so I'm just passing it along.  ;)

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2010, 01:36:12 PM »
Ah, clever! I bet that's what happened for the OP. I never knew that plus or minus sign existed until now! Mine's always just been set the right way.

Just thought I would add something about the plus/minus feature. You can also us it to hide certain boards you don't want to see. just click on the minus sign at the top left side of the board and they go away.

• Britannicaine
  • Liked: 198
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2010, 01:44:12 PM »
Just thought I would add something about the plus/minus feature. You can also us it to hide certain boards you don't want to see. just click on the minus sign at the top left side of the board and they go away.

That only works on the main forum page, and doesn't actually hide the posts on those boards from your "unread topics" list.  I would really like to see a feature that hides all posts made on a certain board so when I click on unread topics they don't even appear. 
On s'envolera du même quai
Les yeux dans les mêmes reflets,
Pour cette vie et celle d'après
Tu seras mon unique projet.

Je t'aimais, je t'aime, et je t'aimerai.

--Francis Cabrel

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2010, 01:46:17 PM »
I agree, that would be nice.

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2010, 01:59:52 PM »
That only works on the main forum page, and doesn't actually hide the posts on those boards from your "unread topics" list.  I would really like to see a feature that hides all posts made on a certain board so when I click on unread topics they don't even appear. 

There is a way...go to your profile and then on the left on the menu portion you'll see 'Ignore Board Preferences' by selecting from the list which boards you don't want to see they simply disappear like they don't exist.

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2010, 05:56:11 PM »
Yay, the plus sign worked!  No idea how it got undone but oh well, easily enough fixed.  I rely on those pages to keep up with everything too and it was driving me crazy that they'd disappeared from the links.  I could actually get to them via my browsing history and then refresh those pages but that's an annoying long term solution.

Now, all of the topics are appearing in reverse order, with the most recently on top and the original post on the bottom, any idea how that happened and how I fix it?  Thanks again. :) 

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2010, 06:01:47 PM »
Oh, nevermind, silly me!  I checked the box in settings last night in an attempt to get back that menu saying "show recent posts on top"  or something which didn't bring back the links but did mess that up.  Fixed now.  :) 

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab