Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Does anyone have Telewest 256 kb/s Internet connection ?  (Read 1835 times)

• Liked: 0
Does anyone have Telewest 256 kb/s Internet connection ?
« on: March 11, 2005, 12:58:47 AM »
Ive been having a dreadfull time with my internet connection speed, granted that it wont be lightning fast but i have a brand new out of a box computer with all the bells and whistles plus anti virus software/firewall/adware etc but i have excruciatingly slow load time.

I had better connection speed with dail up connection in the states using a 10 year old problem.

I have spent marathon sessions with Telewest supervisors who gave me the run around till i put my foot down and told them not to dumb me down with claims of " your computer might have a trojan/virus etc " .

Anyway they are sending someone tommorow to check the cables outside our flat , for example when i try and get on sites like ebay/bbc etc it takes a good minute or minute and half for the whole page to load up.

Does anyone else have this experience ?

There is nothing wrong with my comp and i dont have any virus/trojan/spyware etc , trust me i have checked and re-checked.

Its been a disappointment really... i expected to get better connection than my dial up experience in the States and that was faster than this paralyzing wait.

Please advise.
Zu.

Re: Does anyone have Telewest 256 kb/s Internet connection ?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2005, 06:50:03 AM »
I have Telewest broadband, but have never had any problems with it, and never had to call tech support.  :-\\\\

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2005, 01:41:41 PM »

do you have 256 kb/s connection ? Telewest guys are supposed to look at the outside cables today..

Hope they discover some fault somewhere cause if this is what they call broadband service then it really sucks.

fingers crossed
Zu.

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2005, 01:33:59 PM »
Im not sure...  i asked DH and he said ours is faster than 256. 

• Witchiepoo
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2005, 01:41:50 PM »
Try testing your speed, just to see what you are actually getting:

http://bandwidthplace.com/speedtest/
Insert wonderfully creative signature here …

Re2: Does anyone have Telewest 256 kb/s Internet connection ?
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2005, 03:11:10 PM »

Otterpop, yea you could pay more and have more bandwidth service..i just expect the 256 kb/s to be better than a dial up service i had in the States.

Cait: Yea i did run that test and got a reading of 207.

Main problem has been accessing my american earthlink account, its so slow, the page opens but its a complete blank , white page for atleast a whole minute before the page loads...but the same goes for ebay pages etc etc. i dont think its related to just one website.

thanks for responding
Zu.

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2005, 04:19:46 PM »
sorry zufan... i just tested ours and it came out at 800+ kb/s....
I just assumed we had the standard one.

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2005, 07:02:25 PM »

thanks, so you probably have the l meg connection.

I just convinced the one of the managers at Telewest to give me a trial run with a 1 meg connection speed, she has given me a one week trial....and you know what , there is no difference.

When i access my earthlink account, it still takes atleast a minute to load the page, as well as slow loading with pages like ebay etc.

Aaaaaarrrghhhhhh    i am soooo frustrated!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab