Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Has plenty of money, but visa rejected for inadequate funds-- help???  (Read 4174 times)

SalfordUSA - your time in the UK as a visitor is considered 'spent leave' which means happened in the past and will not impact your application for spousal visa, it will only lead to strengthen it in my non professional opinion.

I lived with my (then boyfriend) husband for 6 months on a visitor visa from Aug 07-Feb 08, returned to the US in Feb 08, got married in Feb 08 & applied for my spousal in Mar 08 & it was approved in 4 hours (no courier used)...so really don't stress. You were maintaining familial relationships, the OP was shacking up with her boyfriend...each person's situation is unique, don't compare apples to oranges!

• Liked: 0
SalfordUSA - your time in the UK as a visitor is considered 'spent leave' which means happened in the past and will not impact your application for spousal visa, it will only lead to strengthen it in my non professional opinion.

I lived with my (then boyfriend) husband for 6 months on a visitor visa from Aug 07-Feb 08, returned to the US in Feb 08, got married in Feb 08 & applied for my spousal in Mar 08 & it was approved in 4 hours (no courier used)...so really don't stress. You were maintaining familial relationships, the OP was shacking up with her boyfriend...each person's situation is unique, don't compare apples to oranges!

Ohhh, thank you!  Thank you so much!  :) :) 

Sorry once again for the hijack! 
Sep 2004 - Met online
Apr 2006 - Met IRL
27 Oct 2006 - Married in US
23 Sep 2009 - Spouse and dependent visas issued
30 Sep 2009 - Arrived in the UK!
20 Oct 2011 - Sent ILR application
12 Jan 2012 - Discretionary Limited Leave to Remain issued

• Banned

• Becca Jane St Clair
I am so sorry to hijack this thread, I really am, but this statement got me a bit worried.  I didn't want to start a whole new topic, so please, please forgive me for hijacking! 

Just a quick question - on the spousal visa app it asks if you have ever lived with your sponsor in a marriage-like situtation, and I put on the app all the times I have been in the UK, between 3-6 months, and said that we were living together.  But of course I was there on a visitor's visa.  We were married at the time and at Entry I made it clear to the IO that I was being supported entirely by my husband.  I thought that it would look good on the app, being proof of a real relationship.  I was going to include things like the deposit receipt for our first flat with both our names on and all.  Now I think perhaps I shouldn't as I wasn't supposed to be "living" there?  I mean, I never intended to overstay and I never did overstay.  I was visiting my husband, but a visit for 6 months may as well be living together!  I am staying with family here now and I dont intend to stay but I still say I am "living" here - I am eating, sleeping, bathing here and I am here in this house most of the time.  Can anyone solve this riddle for me?  Should I post a new topic even?  I am really sorry for hijacking!

I remember reading in a prior thread someone asking a similar question...let me see if I can dig it up for you...darn it, I can't :(  Hopefully someone with better search skills can find it for you.

I *think* the person was told to list the visits.  I was basing my comment on people wanting to just live with their SO without going the route of a proper visa.
http://blog.beccajanestclair.com

Met Tim Online: 2004 ~ Met IRL in the US: 6/2005
Engaged: 23/09/2009 ~ Married:  05/11/2009
Biometrics Submitted: 28/12/2009 ~ Spousal Visa Application Submitted: 12/31/2009
Spousal Visa Issued: 31/12/2009 ~ Move Date: 21/1/2010

• Britannicaine
  • Liked: 198
SalfordUSA, you were not a regular visitor but a family visitor, and the IO knew your situation when he granted you leave.  You didn't work and didn't overstay, so not only will that visit not hurt your spousal visa app, but it will actually help to show that a) you know the rules and you followed them, and b) your relationship is real and you intend to live with your husband.  You've done nothing wrong, so don't hesitate to include all the information as you originally intended. 
On s'envolera du même quai
Les yeux dans les mêmes reflets,
Pour cette vie et celle d'après
Tu seras mon unique projet.

Je t'aimais, je t'aime, et je t'aimerai.

--Francis Cabrel

Oh, thank God! I did the same thing and stayed with my husband in the UK for 4 months (without working, of course) before we got married in the US and I also mentioned that on the spouse visa application. I'm glad it's okay and I'm not the only one. Phew.

We have discussed bringing him over to the USA on a fiance visa, but we're afraid it won't go through because the limited time we've actually spent together might raise red flags (we had only been seeing each other a week in the UK before I was bounced)  not to mention the fact that I've been refused entry twice-- won't the whole thing look a little fishy?

Does anyone have experience with fiance visas and the like? How closely are the details of the relationship scrutinized?

I should clarify that I didn't travel to the UK for a boyfriend, I traveled to the UK to stay with a female friend, then met a guy, dated him for a week, and then got the boot back to America. We continued to stay in contact and maintain a relationship and when I applied for a visitor visa I listed him as my sponsor.

We have discussed bringing him over to the USA on a fiance visa, but we're afraid it won't go through because the limited time we've actually spent together might raise red flags (we had only been seeing each other a week in the UK before I was bounced)  not to mention the fact that I've been refused entry twice-- won't the whole thing look a little fishy?

Does anyone have experience with fiance visas and the like? How closely are the details of the relationship scrutinized?

If you're willing to go in that direction with your relationship, wouldn't it be easier to just apply for a fiancee visa for you to go there?
And if you threw a party
Invited everyone you knew
You would see the biggest gift would be from me
And the card attached would say
"Thank you for being a friend!"

Yeah, except the whole point of me going to England this year was because I intended to travel for a few months and THEN go back to school because I recently changed my major and figured I could use a break. Except then I got the boot, twice, so now I'm through traveling and I'm gonna go back to school now and my boyfriend wants to come here and it's such a mess.

Yeah, except the whole point of me going to England this year was because I intended to travel for a few months and THEN go back to school because I recently changed my major and figured I could use a break. Except then I got the boot, twice, so now I'm through traveling and I'm gonna go back to school now and my boyfriend wants to come here and it's such a mess.

I'm really sorry you're going through this. You're right, it is a mess. Wish there was something more in terms of advice I could offer. :(
And if you threw a party
Invited everyone you knew
You would see the biggest gift would be from me
And the card attached would say
"Thank you for being a friend!"

My bf and I are applying for a US fiancee visa for him.  It takes about 5-7 months and is highly scrutinized, just fyi. They also request several photos, taken at different times.  He has had three US visas (student and H1-B) and we are still concerned, even though we met irl and have been dating over a year.  Maybe he could visit you here for a bit, so you have more evidence of your relationship?  This whole visa thing is tricky, and important to be careful with.  I know a girl (not from this forum) who was bounced from the UK for Ins. funds (she only had $600 for six months) She was travelling with her husband who is a UK National, whom she'd met and married in the US.  He didn't have a job, and they planned on staying with his family. She was bounced, and he had overstayed on his visit to the US and was bounced when he tried to visit her.  Now they both face issues with visas (not insurmountable) when, had they planned ahead, they would have been fine.  I hope this works out for you.  
"It’s life. You don’t figure it out. You just climb up on the beast and ride." - Rebecca Wells

He's visited me once already since I've been back in Cali trying to sort through this mess, and he's coming again in June, after which I'll most likely be filing the alien fiance petition. Is six weeks of time spent in person and five months of being "together" going to be enough for them? We have phone bills showing we call each other multiple times a day, instant messages, I dunno what else they want.

He's visited me once already since I've been back in Cali trying to sort through this mess, and he's coming again in June, after which I'll most likely be filing the alien fiance petition. Is six weeks of time spent in person and five months of being "together" going to be enough for them? We have phone bills showing we call each other multiple times a day, instant messages, I dunno what else they want.

If you're intent on brining your BF to the US as your fiance then I suggest you check out a different forum that deals with this specifically and can answer more of your questions with experience. Many of us here have gone from the US to the UK, and not many have gone the other way. Here's the link...I hope they can help you: http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=57.

• Liked: 2
http://forum.diveintoamerica.com/

Dive Into Ameria is another good source. Good luck!

I remember reading in a prior thread someone asking a similar question...let me see if I can dig it up for you...darn it, I can't :(  Hopefully someone with better search skills can find it for you.

I *think* the person was told to list the visits.  I was basing my comment on people wanting to just live with their SO without going the route of a proper visa.

[mod note]

I know you're trying to be helpful, but let's keep this kind of post to a minimum in the Visa section.  There's already so many posts to trawl through we need to just limit it to actual advice.
This isn't just directed at you, by the way.  It's a trend that mods have been noticing lately.  Yours is just an example.

Sponsored Links