Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Cadbury Diary Milk  (Read 1930 times)

• Liked: 387
Cadbury Diary Milk
« on: April 10, 2023, 10:27:43 PM »
When I was little, for a special treat, my Dad would sometimes buy a Cadbury diary milk bar for us to share. At Easter, my favorite candy, hands down, was a bag of Cadbury mini eggs. The chocolate was SO good. Creamy chocolately goodness.

Out of nostalgia, I bought a small bag of mini eggs to enjoy over Easter.

I swear, something is different. It's not as good. Instead of velvety smooth chocolate, it tastes like a bunch of sugar. I thought perhaps it was just me, but DH ate a few eggs and agrees.

Apparently, the recipe hasn't changed. I can't believe that. Something happened, and it's not as nice. I don't care what Cadbury says, and I will die on this hill.

In the words of ReviewBrah, "My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined."

That is all.

• Liked: 677
Re: Cadbury Diary Milk
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2023, 10:53:58 PM »
Not having had an "old days" with Cadbury chocolate, I have to say that I agree with your perception of the chocolate today. It's not a chocolate I would buy, and if offered some I'd probably turn it down as politely as possible

A lot of things may have happened - different ingredients, different processing method.... unless someone at the factory speaks up, you'll probably never know. 

Bummer!   :(

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
Re: Cadbury Diary Milk
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2023, 11:54:38 AM »
Aquila, I agree with you on the Mini Eggs. The thing is that Cadbury is now owned by  Mondelēz International and I'm pretty sure they've changed the recipe (over time, so they can claim it's not changed) with cheaper ingredients.
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab