Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Long time lurker from MD to UK  (Read 2364 times)

• Liked: 0
Long time lurker from MD to UK
« on: July 01, 2022, 12:35:24 PM »
Hello,

Hope everybody is having a great summer! I was lucky to relocate with my Brit partner from Maryland before Covid started. Now in Glasgow getting ready for my FLR(M)! I got good advice from here, thank you, and help from an expat friend, hoping to get it all right this time too.   

• Liked: 6112
Re: Long time lurker from MD to UK
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2022, 12:58:01 PM »
Hello,

Hope everybody is having a great summer! I was lucky to relocate with my Brit partner from Maryland before Covid started. Now in Glasgow getting ready for my FLR(M)! I got good advice from here, thank you, and help from an expat friend, hoping to get it all right this time too.

Welcome to the forum!  :) And good luck with your FLR prep. If we can be any help, just let us know.

• Liked: 387
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2022, 11:09:33 PM »
Hi, and welcome!

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2022, 09:45:16 AM »
Welcome to the forum!  :) And good luck with your FLR prep. If we can be any help, just let us know.

Thank you! I have the paper work check list stuck the wall at my desk. I do have a peculiar situation that my friend can't help me with that I'll be asking about. I want to look at more pages to see if anyone has had anything similar.

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2022, 11:35:48 AM »
Thank you! I have the paper work check list stuck the wall at my desk. I do have a peculiar situation that my friend can't help me with that I'll be asking about. I want to look at more pages to see if anyone has had anything similar.

It's a great idea to read the forum, you'll pick up a lot.  Do keep an eye on the dates of the threads you're reading though, anything that's years old will be out of date.

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2022, 11:55:51 AM »
It's a great idea to read the forum, you'll pick up a lot.  Do keep an eye on the dates of the threads you're reading though, anything that's years old will be out of date.

Yes, like above I've been a lurker for getting my BRP. The expat friend that gave me some tips told me about the site when we found out for certain we were moving. Her MIL used to work in some department connected to UKVI several years ago and helped her in 2014. Just the changes since around then and all the things changed for Covid make me check twice on anything.

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2022, 12:11:07 PM »
Yes, like above I've been a lurker for getting my BRP. The expat friend that gave me some tips told me about the site when we found out for certain we were moving. Her MIL used to work in some department connected to UKVI several years ago and helped her in 2014. Just the changes since around then and all the things changed for Covid make me check twice on anything.

They like to keep us on our toes!

Sponsored Links