Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Got my FLR- Easy Peasy!  (Read 865 times)

• York Interweb
  • Liked: 8
Got my FLR- Easy Peasy!
« on: June 19, 2005, 09:23:10 PM »
I got it in person in Liverpool this Tuesday. The new application form, that became effective April this year, says that everyone has to provide financial information, even if they've already got a fiance visa, so I'd filled out all the financial stuff and brought loads of back-up. At the Home Office, however, we were told that all we needed was our passports and our marriage certificate, since we'd already got the fiance visa.  I'm not sure if the application form is misleading, or if, sometime in the future, the Home Office is going to start checking financial information for people applying for FLR who've already received fiance visas.

I had a similar experience when I applied for my fiance visa (at the New York Consulate, also in person). I'd brought lots of proof that our relationship was real--photos, plane tickets, phone bills, etc.--the interviewer didn't even want to look at it.

Well, I would rather have documents that I don't need than need documents that I don't have.

• York Interweb
Re: Got my FLR- Easy Peasy!
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2005, 11:43:59 PM »
Forgot to mention that the Home Office provided me with a letter explaining exactly what the Leave to Remain means--eligibility for work, ineligibility for public funds except in a short-term emergency, etc. This might come in handy when applying for a job, in case a potential employer isn't familiar with the rules.

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2005, 08:43:12 PM »
So if I want to go do  the FLR in Nottingham I should bring financial documents even though I already did the fiance visa? and even if they don't say it on the paperwork?  It sounds like the home office should get their stuff together pronto!  Especially since its so gosh darn expensive to apply for things!!  Has anyone sent their FLR by post?  What is the turnaround?  On the website its 70% in one month but it says they're still processing Aprils applications.....grrr.  I would do it by post to save money, but I can't make money until I get this form back!!

• York Interweb
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2005, 09:45:32 PM »
Public Enquiry Offices (where you apply for FLR and ILR) are only in Liverpool, Birmingham, Croydon and Glasgow. Right? Or am I missing something?

• You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2005, 09:11:13 AM »
Public Enquiry Offices (where you apply for FLR and ILR) are only in Liverpool, Birmingham, Croydon and Glasgow. Right? Or am I missing something?

You're right, sweetpeach.  Those are the only four offices where you can take care of FLR and ILR.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

- Benjamin Franklin

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2005, 11:26:44 AM »
Sorry guys I meant Birmingham anyways, I always get confused!!  ???

• York Interweb
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2005, 10:42:10 PM »
I, personally would bring the financial documents, because I would rather be over-prepared than under-prepared.  Also, if your visa isn't approved and you have to reapply, you will have to pay the fee all over again (and go to B'ham all over again.)

Unless they change the application once again so you don't have to enter financial info.

P.S. It does say on the FLR application that you have to fill out financial info. That was what I was trying to say in my earlier post.

• Hi there.
    • Trophy Pet Foods
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2006, 08:22:58 PM »
Sorry to drag up an old thread, but what i've read here has got me a bit nervous. We may move up the wedding due to my fiance's business being very slow right now, and I want to be able to work. He owns his home, but our financial documents will show very little money coming in and no savings. Is this going to cause a problem?/ Should I wait until more money is coming in to get married?? Can  his folks to sponsor me or something??

I don't understand how they expect the financial situation to change between the fiance visa app and the FLR app-since you can't work anyway!!! :-[
"I bought some batteries, but they weren't included."-Steven Wright

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2006, 01:02:20 AM »
The fiance visa is a totally different thing from the FLR, and yes his parents can sponsor you, it is on the application if I remember correctly.  As long as you can show that you can get by without access to public funds you should be alright :)

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2006, 01:07:42 AM »
I didn't send Dales bankstatements, I didn't feel safe to send that kind of thing. So instead I sent 6 months of payslips & a letter from his employer stating his salary

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab