Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Where to start.  (Read 424 times)

• Liked: 0
Where to start.
« on: January 02, 2006, 02:27:42 AM »
I have been a permanent resident in the USA  for 20 yrs, I have been married to my husband, who is a US citizen for 6 years. He has never been in the UK, we met and married in the states.  We would like to move to the UK to live but have no idea how to start .  Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Where to start.
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2006, 02:32:32 AM »
Hi Cathyn, welcome to UKY
Unfortantly the UK is one of the hardest countries to get citizenship in. Do either of you have any careers thats needed in the UK?  Are you originally from the UK?
Try this website it'll tell you if you are qualified for any visas http://www.britainusa.com/visas/visas.asp  Good Luck ;D
« Last Edit: January 02, 2006, 02:35:11 AM by EnglandsYank »

• Liked: 0
Re: Where to start.
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2006, 02:05:48 PM »
Hi Cathy,

Good luck with moving to the UK, but if/when you do go I've got one tip for you~ get your US citizenship before you go!  You didn't say where you're originally from (the UK?) but the vast majority of countries allow dual citizenship (including the UK), so you'll most likely be able to retain your original citizenship.  If you and your husband ever want to possibly maybe come back to live in the US at some point, I would highly suggest getting it so you don't have any immigration hassles if you return.

(I'm a naturalized citizen myself, can you tell?)  ;)
Now a triple citizen!

Student visa 9/06-->Int'l Grad Scheme 1/08-->FLR(M) 7/08-->ILR 6/10-->British citizenship 12/12

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab