Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Quick Question About Housing  (Read 137 times)

• Liked: 0
Quick Question About Housing
« on: April 30, 2024, 06:30:56 PM »
Hello all! I'm back again, it's time to renew my FLR-M visa for the final 2.5 year stretch before ILR.

My question is quick but I found the government website confusing:
My husband and I bought a house in April '23. I could not be on the mortgage, but I am on the paperwork as an official secondary permanent resident. Does this suffice for housing evidence?

Secondary question:
Do we need to provide evidence of housing for the entire 2.5 years, or is it 6 months? I have the items of correspondence for all 2.5 years (every 4 months), but do I need a letter from our previous landlord? We bought the house we had been renting from the landlord. I just know before we needed a proof of tenancy AND the mail. I have all the documents about the sale of the house, but I wasn't sure if we also needed a letter confirming we rented the house in the time before we bought it.

Thanks so much in advance for your time.

• Liked: 6111
Re: Quick Question About Housing
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2024, 08:10:31 PM »
Hello all! I'm back again, it's time to renew my FLR-M visa for the final 2.5 year stretch before ILR.

My question is quick but I found the government website confusing:
My husband and I bought a house in April '23. I could not be on the mortgage, but I am on the paperwork as an official secondary permanent resident. Does this suffice for housing evidence?

Secondary question:
Do we need to provide evidence of housing for the entire 2.5 years, or is it 6 months? I have the items of correspondence for all 2.5 years (every 4 months), but do I need a letter from our previous landlord? We bought the house we had been renting from the landlord. I just know before we needed a proof of tenancy AND the mail. I have all the documents about the sale of the house, but I wasn't sure if we also needed a letter confirming we rented the house in the time before we bought it.

Thanks so much in advance for your time.

1- All you need is proof that he owns the house; the land registry document and the most recent mortgage statement.

2- Good job for collecting the correspondence evidence. For the accommodation requirement, you only need proof going forward so again, it's the proof of ownership of the house.  They also like to see the most recent council tax bill.

• Liked: 0
Re: Quick Question About Housing
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2024, 09:48:01 AM »
Thank you very much larrabee.  :)

Sponsored Links