Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: The Dreaded Job-Hunt  (Read 4615 times)

• Liked: 14
Re: The Dreaded Job-Hunt
« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2019, 12:15:32 PM »
Update: I got a job!!!!!

It happened way faster than I expected. It was the third place I interviewed with, and seems like a nice place to work. Everyone I spoke to seems pretty happy and had good things to say. I start Monday!

Don’t wanna say the exact business name, but it’s a chartered professional association for people in a certain industry. I’ll be working at the company HQ in Northampton, processing new memberships, doing general office admin, etc. I get to go to a swanky conference in Manchester this October!

The opportunity came in a roundabout way. I saw a job on indeed, and applied. It was through a recruiter. They called me the next day and said they would put me forward for the role I’d applied for. I guess that company wasn’t interested, but a week later the recruiter called back and asked if I’d be interested in two other roles that were available. I said yes, and one of them is now my job!

I’m soooo relieved. I can stop stressing so much about money now. Husband and I can start to recoup what we spent getting me here and getting set up. And best of all... it’s not retail!!!

There is a bus that goes directly there, so that makes things super easy. Monthly bus pass is way cheaper than a car payment. :)

Guess I’ll be shopping this weekend for work clothes. Thank you all for your support! I never expected to get a job this quickly!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 12:21:56 PM by SnowFish »
Will sell soul for Duke's Mayonnaise.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2019, 12:23:53 PM »
Update: I got a job!!!!!

It happened way faster than I expected. It was the third place I interviewed with, and seems like a nice place to work. Everyone I spoke to seems pretty happy and had good things to say. I start Monday!

Don’t wanna say the exact business name, but it’s a chartered professional association for people in a certain industry. I’ll be working at the company HQ in Northampton, processing new memberships, doing general office admin, etc. I get to go to a swanky conference in Manchester this October!

The opportunity came in a roundabout way. I saw a job on indeed, and applied. It was through a recruiter. They called me the next day and said they would put me forward for the role I’d applied for. I guess that company wasn’t interested, but a week later the recruiter called back and asked if I’d be interested in two other roles that were available. I said yes, and one of them is now my job!

I’m soooo relieved. I can stop stressing so much about money now. Husband and I can start to recoup what we spent getting me here and getting set up. And best of all... it’s not retail!!!

There is a bus that goes directly there, so that makes things super easy. Monthly bus pass is way cheaper than a car payment. :)

Guess I’ll be shopping this weekend for work clothes. Thank you all for your support! I never expected to get a job this quickly!

Awesome! Congratulations!!!  :)

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2019, 12:41:10 PM »
Fantastic news SnowFish.  It's all coming together.   :D

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #63 on: March 12, 2019, 12:41:39 PM »
Nice! congrats! Great news :)
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 676
« Reply #64 on: March 12, 2019, 04:19:38 PM »
Here's a good example of how astoundingly crap companies can be
https://www.wired.co.uk/article/revolut-trade-unions-labour-fintech-politics-storonsky

I used to love my revolut card before I read this

Oh, gosh, whadabuncha sleazebags!!!!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab