Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Things that should be banned  (Read 3833 times)

Re: Things that should be banned
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2010, 04:20:57 PM »
People in the UK wear pyjamas in public?  I am used to it in the States, but I'd be a bit shocked to see it here.

oh yes, she was walking down the high street in her pajamas and a pair of slippers. I mentioned it to someone who works on the high street and apparently its a regular thing for her to dress like that in public

• Liked: 2
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2010, 04:49:51 PM »
If she's not hurting anyone why worry about it? If you don't expect people to judge you because of your tats, why would you judge someone because of their dress/appearance?

« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2010, 04:56:01 PM »
oh yes, she was walking down the high street in her pajamas and a pair of slippers. I mentioned it to someone who works on the high street and apparently its a regular thing for her to dress like that in public

Aww you mentioned it to someone else? That's a bit harsh! My flatmate often used to pop to the corner shop in her PJs and slippers which had a rubber sole, everyone thought it was cute. I always like people who have a devil may car attitude towards things like that.

I'd hate to be famous and have the press/other people always going on about what I wear, the Daily Mail had a horrible article about judy finnigan as she wasn't wearing make up and looked a bit tired. Not everyone looks perfect or what's judged as "normal" all the time.
I'd just feel sorry for people who were whispering about me because I was wearing a purple coat and teal gloves and a sparkly superman t-shirt and battered converses, it's who I am and how I express my individuality, it's no one else's business, being that close minded and judgemental is just sad. In fact - I'd ban it!! :)

« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2010, 05:44:44 PM »
it wasnt so much as me talking about her behind her back. I was in the bakers and looked out the window and she was crossing the street, and I said to the lady who works there "what the hell??" and she started laughing and said the lady always does it

« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2010, 06:19:43 PM »
In Bristol I saw a was a guy running along the roadway who was practically naked except for a tiny pair of swimming trunks which left very little to the imagination and very tall leather boots. He had long hair like Jesus and he wore a kind of harness to which was attached a wooden box on wheels (pram wheels) which he was towing along like a horse tows a cart. It seemed to have some shopping in it. I said "What the...?" out loud, and this guy on the sidewalk heard me and  said "He always comes by around this time. He's crazy." I saw him several more times.

« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2010, 06:22:18 PM »
it wasnt so much as me talking about her behind her back. I was in the bakers and looked out the window and she was crossing the street, and I said to the lady who works there "what the hell??"

What if someone looked at your tattoos and said 'what the hell??' to the shop assistant.

Pot, kettle, etc.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2010, 07:21:11 PM »
If I saw someone walking around in PJs I'd probably say something about it to my husband when he got home at night. 

But if I were wearing something unusual I would expect people might comment about it.  For instance, I went bald in high school.

I am sure people talked about it, but as long as they weren't saying anything to my face, some people really did and were asses, why should I care? 

I'll never know them, I can't control them and I will never find out about it.

• Liked: 3
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2010, 07:32:20 PM »
There's a lot of pajama wearing in north Dublin. One day we saw a girl who had on big, pink, fuzzy slippers. I don't think it should be banned, but people sure look dumb.

« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2010, 09:14:29 PM »
Quote from: genau! link =topic=59906.msg853128#msg853128 date=1263406938
What if someone looked at your tattoos and said 'what the hell??' to the shop assistant.

Pot, kettle, etc.

oh for f*** sake.
there is a BIG differance between someone having tattoos and someone in their PJs and slippers walking around town centre in the snow,like a complete idiot
so go pot/kettle somewhere else ::)  ::) ::)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 09:16:04 PM by Ink-Spirational »

« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2010, 09:37:23 PM »
Maybe your pyjama woman is posting on some other forum right this minute about the American woman with tattoos all down her arms that she saw today, and what kind of a nutjob must she be.

Really, I don't care that you think the woman was crazy, maybe she was. But I do think it's a bit rich when you have complained so many times about people judging you by your appearance. You chose to get tattoos and she chose to wear pyjamas outside. I don't see the difference. 

« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2010, 09:43:28 PM »
Maybe your pyjama woman is posting on some other forum right this minute about the American woman with tattoos all down her arms that she saw today, and what kind of a nutjob must she be.

Really, I don't care that you think the woman was crazy, maybe she was. But I do think it's a bit rich when you have complained so many times about people judging you by your appearance. You chose to get tattoos and she chose to wear pyjamas outside. I don't see the difference. 

ahhh and I knew it was only a matter of time before someone "ganged up" on me for making a point *applauds* WELL DONE!!!!

and i havent complained soo many times about people judging me. I made 2 comments on it. One where potentional employers judge me and also some shop assisants. So how you can say "so many times" by just 2 brief comments I made is beyond me.

And having a lot off tattoos doesnt make someone a "nut job".

But hey now I know that in this forum Im not allowed to have an opinion about something I see. Now obviously if I was in the little "group" thats on here,and made that comment everyone would be agreeing with me but hey whatever  ::)

« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2010, 09:50:49 PM »
No-one is ganging up on you, just pointing out that your posts about this woman don't exactly sit well with some of your other posts. No-one is calling you a nutjob either, I'm just saying, some people might take that view, like you did about the pyjama woman.   You really need to chill out Carly and stop jumping to conclusions.   :-\\\\  I think I've actually posted a lot of helpful information for you recently so it's not very nice to get all shirty the minute I dare to disagree with you about something.

« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2010, 10:00:58 PM »
[MOD NOTE]

Locked for everyone to calm down.

You're talking to real people. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.  Please keep those things in mind.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab