Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Mail Delays UGGGH!!!!  (Read 518 times)

Mail Delays UGGGH!!!!
« on: March 25, 2010, 05:06:05 PM »
Two weeks ago, my husband's prospective employer in the UK agreed to mail a letter as supporting evidence for my visa.  We contacted him yesterday and asked when the letter was mailed.  It was mailed a week and a half ago.  Normally we get mail from abroad within a week.  I am getting really concerned that maybe someone lifted it from the mailbox.  Could the mail delay be due to the BA strike?  DH thinks BA carries the airmail, and that it is late due to the strike.  I am really hoping this is the case and that it's not lost!  I am getting antsy!  We were really hoping to be over there before April 1!!!!

Re: Mail Delays UGGGH!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 05:10:06 PM »
Two weeks ago, my husband's prospective employer in the UK agreed to mail a letter as supporting evidence for my visa.  We contacted him yesterday and asked when the letter was mailed.  It was mailed a week and a half ago.  Normally we get mail from abroad within a week.  I am getting really concerned that maybe someone lifted it from the mailbox.  Could the mail delay be due to the BA strike?  DH thinks BA carries the airmail, and that it is late due to the strike.  I am really hoping this is the case and that it's not lost!  I am getting antsy!  We were really hoping to be over there before April 1!!!!

Never, ever, ever send visa related material via Royal Mail...only use FedEx, UPS etc...that way it can be tracked, insured and signed for and almost guarenteed not to be lost or delayed.

Have him write another letter and FedEx it asap as you could get it by Monday.

Re: Mail Delays UGGGH!!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 05:11:45 PM »
Never, ever, ever send visa related material via Royal Mail...only use FedEx, UPS etc...that way it can be tracked, insured and signed for and almost guarenteed not to be lost or delayed.

Have him write another letter and FedEx it asap as you could get it by Monday.

Agree, feeling more now than ever, though.  Can't really whine too much though.  After all, he is doing us a favor to some extent!  LOL.  I'll suggest that to my husband!   ;D

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab