Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: It's fire season again, and Paradise has burned  (Read 3299 times)

• Liked: 724
Re: It's fire season again, and Paradise has burned
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2018, 12:01:59 PM »
Our daughter lives in LA so we have been following the awful fires with particular interest. There are times when I just shake my head at Trump's idiocy and other times when I get really mad. Even when visiting the area , with all that damage and so many dead, he still has to blame the victims. It is California's fault because they didn't do proper forest management (even though 97% of the land on fire is Federal land managed by the Feds) and that they should do what the Finnish president advised him, and rake the floors of their forest.  Of course the Finnish President can't recall suggesting to Trump that raking could prevent wildfires, and now there is an internet video put out showing people raking leaves under the title "Make America Rake Again"

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/finland-trump-raking-california-fires_us_5bf216fbe4b0f32bd58ab6b9

The president then recounted an alleged conversation with Finnish President Sauli Niinistö in which he was told about the benefits of raking.

“And they don’t have a problem,” Trump said. “And when they do, it’s a very small problem.”

On Sunday, Niinistö said that he doesn’t recall raking ever coming up during his brief interaction with Trump earlier this month.

While critics at home have pointed out the many extreme differences between the climates of California and Finland (a quarter of which lies within the Arctic Circle), the Finns have hilariously responded to Trump’s suggestion on social media.
Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

• Liked: 958
Re: It's fire season again, and Paradise has burned
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2018, 12:07:44 PM »
Our daughter lives in LA so we have been following the awful fires with particular interest. There are times when I just shake my head at Trump's idiocy and other times when I get really mad. Even when visiting the area , with all that damage and so many dead, he still has to blame the victims. It is California's fault because they didn't do proper forest management (even though 97% of the land on fire is Federal land managed by the Feds) and that they should do what the Finnish president advised him, and rake the floors of their forest.  Of course the Finnish President can't recall suggesting to Trump that raking could prevent wildfires, and now there is an internet video put out showing people raking leaves under the title "Make America Rake Again"

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/finland-trump-raking-california-fires_us_5bf216fbe4b0f32bd58ab6b9
Trump is just making more enemies and lashing out because of the election. He wants to be smart, but he isn't. He doesn't take advice from others and always has to be "right". It's crap!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab