Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Best places....?  (Read 1362 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: Best places....?
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2005, 08:07:43 PM »
Do you know where I can find some good photos of Wales?  I am interested in Cardiff or the outskirts.  How do you find Wales to be??? Please, I absolutely need all the input I can get!

Just go to Google Images    http://images.google.com/imghp?hl=en&lr=&client=safari&rls=en&sa=N&tab=wi

And type in Wales, or Cardiff, or Vale of Glamorgan

Jim

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2005, 12:10:56 PM »
So is it more just a stereotype that Cardiff is a really rough city? DH is always watching those programmes like "The Toughest Pubs In Britain" and "Streetcrime UK" and it seems like they're always in Cardiff and it's always full of yobs!!!

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2005, 12:26:54 PM »
Actually I didn't know Cardiff had a reputation as a tough town.  The drunken yob problem here is basically limited to certain streets, late at night.  In that respect, Cardiff must be no different from anywhere else in the UK.

BTW, I'm bewildered by the current pub hours controversy.  It would seem that eliminating the phenomenon of pub closing hour would eliminate the witching hour which follows.  Sometimes my knowledge of the UK seems so shallow.

Jim

• Snaps
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2005, 03:54:07 PM »
BTW, I'm bewildered by the current pub hours controversy.  It would seem that eliminating the phenomenon of pub closing hour would eliminate the witching hour which follows.

I agree with you, Jim, but there's a lot of opposition to it ... so maybe I'm missing something?
My Project 365 photo blog: Snaps!

• Liked: 12
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2005, 03:59:13 PM »
I agree with you, Jim, but there's a lot of opposition to it ... so maybe I'm missing something?

I think people are worried that town centres will turn into notorious holiday party spots, like Ibiza, where pubs are already open 24 hours... I'm sure you've heard how wild those places are. They think it would just make the problem even worse and turn city centres into areas of much worse drunk-fueled violence that would be the result of mixing British youth with unrestricted alcohol use.
Plans on hold 'cuz Brexit

« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2005, 07:58:30 PM »
I am kind of anxious to hear more about Kent and Essex...anyone?? :)
~Considering attempting to move to the UK in future

Sponsored Links