Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Quarantine beers/bevvys  (Read 16491 times)

• Liked: 1260
Re: Quarantine beers/bevvys
« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2020, 01:55:54 PM »
My husband’s birthday is on the 23rd so I ordered a variety box of gluten free beers so we can have a pub crawl through the house.
Which ones did you get him in the end? :)

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 585
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2020, 01:57:18 PM »
Where do you get all these beers from? We have no bottle shop and shipping all these beers to the Highlands is extortionate!

It's ridiculous that they don't consider you mainland!  >:(

I've been ordering direct from the breweries... my White Rat was a flat rate of £5 to ship from West Yorkshire, and the Hiver stuff was £10 from London  (they had a Scotland 'supplement'  ::) ). Everything else has come from the supermarket.  Do you have a Morrisons?  They were doing 4-packs of Northern Monk Faith, which I think you'd really like.  Lidl had cans of Loch Lomond Lost In Mosaic, as well as stuff from Fallen, like Chew Chew and Gose Train.   I got my Vocation Love & Hate from Tesco.

« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2020, 02:02:44 PM »
Lidl had cans of Loch Lomond Lost In Mosaic, as well as stuff from Fallen, like Chew Chew and Gose Train. 

Not sure if it's different at your Lidl but ours down here only had Loch Lomond and the like (we had Bravehop) for last week only as it was craft beer week. We don't normally get that kind of stuff in our lidl but agree you can get some goos stuff at Tesco, Morrison's, and occasionally Sainsburys. Asda, lidl, and Aldi seem to be hit or miss and apparently you can sometimes find good craft at B&M or even  smaller, more local convenient shops like Tesco express (mine ONLY had Love and Hate annoyingly as i went to try a Northern Monk that was all sold out on this delivery we're getting tonight lol)

That's super irritating that they aren't considering that mainland UK.

My, how time flies....

* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 846
« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2020, 02:13:26 PM »
It's ridiculous that they don't consider you mainland!  >:(

I've been ordering direct from the breweries... my White Rat was a flat rate of £5 to ship from West Yorkshire, and the Hiver stuff was £10 from London  (they had a Scotland 'supplement'  ::) ). Everything else has come from the supermarket.  Do you have a Morrisons?  They were doing 4-packs of Northern Monk Faith, which I think you'd really like.  Lidl had cans of Loch Lomond Lost In Mosaic, as well as stuff from Fallen, like Chew Chew and Gose Train.   I got my Vocation Love & Hate from Tesco.

Yes, it’s insane and makes me angry on shipping! I gotten the Northern Monk Faith in Tesco recently and it’s yummy!  Our big Tesco has a good selection of craft beer, but it’s hot or miss with what we can get lately. 

I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2020, 09:30:24 AM »
Not sure if it's different at your Lidl but ours down here only had Loch Lomond and the like (we had Bravehop) for last week only as it was craft beer week. We don't normally get that kind of stuff in our lidl

I do think that the stock in the Scottish Lidls and Aldis is a bit different from the English ones, as much of the stuff has stickers/labels proudly proclaiming 'Produced in Scotland' on it, and the weekly flyer always has a Scottish section in it...which i'm assuming they wouldn't have in Engerland. 
I went to the Clydebank Aldi yesterday -- they had Loch Lomond Southern Summit, which I've never seen in cans before, so I bought a few of those.  That's the sort of beer I would only buy in a pub if there was nothing else, but I really enjoyed the cans last night.  They also had a load of Williams Bros stuff and a couple of other Scottish breweries (none of which I rate and wouldn't buy). 

I asked H which of the DEYA beers he's got... he's got a bunch of Sound Machine Groove.

« Reply #50 on: May 11, 2020, 09:39:46 AM »
I do think that the stock in the Scottish Lidls and Aldis is a bit different from the English ones, as much of the stuff has stickers/labels proudly proclaiming 'Produced in Scotland' on it, and the weekly flyer always has a Scottish section in it...which i'm assuming they wouldn't have in Engerland. 
I went to the Clydebank Aldi yesterday -- they had Loch Lomond Southern Summit, which I've never seen in cans before, so I bought a few of those.  That's the sort of beer I would only buy in a pub if there was nothing else, but I really enjoyed the cans last night.  They also had a load of Williams Bros stuff and a couple of other Scottish breweries (none of which I rate and wouldn't buy). 

I asked H which of the DEYA beers he's got... he's got a bunch of Sound Machine Groove.
That's a good'en but all the DEYA are so not sure that says much

To be fair, the Loch Lomond was on the better half of the Lidl beers i got for craft beer week down here and it was fairly high ABV iirc

Just did a reshuffle this weekend of beers (moving older beers into the main fridge to drink and shuffling them all up accordingly haha). It's bad. I have to impliment a "no new beers" rule in where i dont get more beers than i can fit in the bottom right corner box (see pic - 4 open spaces left) but i have 8 or so more beers coming in the next few weeks before i made this rule hahaha)

Full queue -
(pardon my messy fridge lol)

My, how time flies....

« Reply #51 on: May 11, 2020, 10:28:05 AM »
After the weekend indulgence, all I've got left is a 5 litre mini-keg of White Rat, and 1 can each of Southern Summit, Lost In Mosaic, and Fallen Chew Chew.
On payday, I'm going to order a case of Abbeydale Moonshine and some Ossett Silver King... both of which have never been available in cans before.

KoD, my boyf's house is a bit like yours... boxes of various beers stacked up in a corner, and a bulging fridge!

« Reply #52 on: May 11, 2020, 10:39:15 AM »

KoD, my boyf's house is a bit like yours... boxes of various beers stacked up in a corner, and a bulging fridge!

I feel like we'd become fast friends hahaha my husband has just accepted that this is how it is.

My, how time flies....

• Liked: 958
« Reply #53 on: May 11, 2020, 11:58:55 AM »
That's a good'en but all the DEYA are so not sure that says much

To be fair, the Loch Lomond was on the better half of the Lidl beers i got for craft beer week down here and it was fairly high ABV iirc

Just did a reshuffle this weekend of beers (moving older beers into the main fridge to drink and shuffling them all up accordingly haha). It's bad. I have to impliment a "no new beers" rule in where i dont get more beers than i can fit in the bottom right corner box (see pic - 4 open spaces left) but i have 8 or so more beers coming in the next few weeks before i made this rule hahaha)

Full queue -
(pardon my messy fridge lol)

Your beer collection is much like my yarn stash. No more until I make space.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

« Reply #54 on: May 11, 2020, 12:00:45 PM »
Your beer collection is much like my yarn stash. No more until I make space.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Gotta follow the 1 in, 1 out system....unless there is a sale....or you didn't plan on finding something but you don't know when you'll get a chance again, or you found a rare white whale....

My, how time flies....

• Liked: 1894
« Reply #55 on: May 11, 2020, 12:20:09 PM »
I was going to comment on the food in that fridge but there's not any! 

Want some hummus to go with your beer?  Good because  it's either that or this ham:

« Reply #56 on: May 11, 2020, 12:32:27 PM »
I was going to comment on the food in that fridge but there's not any! 

Want some hummus to go with your beer?  Good because  it's either that or this ham:
It's chicken and it's already gone since taking this photo lol. This was before out tesci delivery last night at 8. Our fridge now has more food, so it's now about 50/50

My, how time flies....

« Reply #57 on: May 12, 2020, 03:36:24 PM »
WOOHOO!
I found a place in Glasgow that's meant to be getting some Northern Monk Aunt Bessies Jam Roly Poly in later this week! ;D

« Reply #58 on: May 12, 2020, 03:57:59 PM »
WOOHOO!
I found a place in Glasgow that's meant to be getting some Northern Monk Aunt Bessies Jam Roly Poly in later this week! ;D
Omg you lucky duck!! I need 100 more of them asap

My, how time flies....

« Reply #59 on: May 14, 2020, 07:11:43 PM »
Today's beer haul

My, how time flies....

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab