Hello

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
US - UK Taxes / Re: Filing amended FBAR for UK-based pension accounts
« Last post by Barcrest on Yesterday at 08:51:33 PM »
Maybe best to do the 6 years, as I believe this is the statue of limitation period. As I did not take a distribution, so checked the maximum value unknown box. If you purchase an annuity or drawdown you can then enter that figure going forward. You probably know that the pension needs to be filed on 8938 if you meet thresholds.
US - UK Taxes / Filing amended FBAR for UK-based pension accounts
« Last post by Davidtow on Yesterday at 05:35:32 PM »
I have been reporting all my UK bank, NS&I and savings accounts on my annual FBAR to this point. From what I've been reading here I believe I should also have been listing my UK pension accounts too (even though I have not started drawing any funds from them).

Assuming I do need to report pension accounts, how should I fix this error? Should I just file a single amended FBAR for my most recent year and continue declaring them in future years? Or is there another better way to do this? Do I need to go back 6 years to file amended FBARs for the previous erroneous years too?

As always, thank you for your thoughts and suggestions.
Travel and Transport / Re: Driving lessons and practical test
« Last post by jimbocz on Yesterday at 04:33:20 PM »
I had a very similar experience, the instructor said I needed 40 hours or something like that.  Keep in mind that he has no reason to say otherwise and he'll make lots of money during those hours.  Of course I have no idea how you are driving, but let's not forget that the driving instructor may have other interests at heart.    I think in my case I took another 5 hours or so, concentrating on the tricky stuff on the test and then passed the first time.     Don't let them wind you up too much. 
Healthcare and Insurance / Re: Me
« Last post by watersfam on Yesterday at 11:23:45 AM »
This is all such wonderful news! I especially love that you are tap dancing!
I started taking tap again after a 42 year hiatus. I’m far from advanced but am loving every minute of it!

Keep dancing!! Wishing you all the best of everything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Visas & Citizenship / Re: ILR Application Procedure + Timelines - Reference Doc
« Last post by Mmmkay on Yesterday at 08:20:45 AM »
Thank you for all of the help on this thread!

Any advice on getting a super priority appointment? We tried from 12:55-1:50am night before last and midnight-2am last night with no dice.
Travel and Transport / Re: Sending Passport to DVLA
« Last post by stsag on May 26, 2024, 11:04:11 PM »
sounds like you are at the step of verifying identity?  when i sent my BRP off to get my provisional license, i think i got it back in about 3 weeks time. 

there is no real faster way to get the license here aside from doing an intensive practical course.  the theory test takes time to practice and then get the appointment.  then, getting an appointment for driving courses adds more time as many are booked (depending on where you live).  the intensives are expensive as hell, but for me it was worth it to speed this up.
Travel and Transport / Re: Driving lessons and practical test
« Last post by stsag on May 26, 2024, 11:00:27 PM »
i'm going through this myself, having moved to the UK last year.

i did an assessment first to see how much training i'd really need (i've already been driving in the UK since i moved here on my US license).  i'm in my 40s so i've been driving for 25ish years too.  i did OK on the assessment but it was clear i needed more classes to learn how to pass the test.  i chose to take an intensive course to get it all over with in a few sessions rather than spreading this out over weeks and months.

i was a bit nervous too in the beginning but after a couple hours with the instructor i felt a lot more comfortable. 
US - UK Taxes / Re: Turbo Tax
« Last post by nun on May 26, 2024, 09:53:34 PM »
Yes indeed. This cruise is from Portsmouth and is called Islands on the Edge and it stops at 18 islands up the west coast of the UK ending up at Aberdeen. Many of the landings are via zodiac boats. So far, so good.

That service my daughter is using is as follows and she has been very pleased with it.

https://www.postscanmail.com/

Thanks. Enjoy the high seas...
Does this Telegram group still exist? I used it in 2022 with my first and it was so so so helpful. Have since had to re-upload the app and lost the group. The link above has expired  :( (and every link I’ve found online has expired)… can anyone help? Thank you!
US - UK Taxes / Re: Turbo Tax
« Last post by durhamlad on May 25, 2024, 01:18:49 PM »
Living the life!

Yes indeed. This cruise is from Portsmouth and is called Islands on the Edge and it stops at 18 islands up the west coast of the UK ending up at Aberdeen. Many of the landings are via zodiac boats. So far, so good.

That service my daughter is using is as follows and she has been very pleased with it.

https://www.postscanmail.com/

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
coloured_drab