Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Cream of Wheat???  (Read 843 times)

• Liked: 0
Cream of Wheat???
« on: October 06, 2004, 08:58:36 PM »
Anyone ever see Cream of Wheat here?  I MISS THAT!   :\\\'(

• US to UK to US to UK.
    • Flying Nunns
  • Liked: 8
Re: Cream of Wheat???
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2004, 07:31:46 PM »
Oh yum! Nope, I haven't seen it here - I'm adding that to my list of food I'm going to eat while I'm in the states in 2 weeks!!! I eat it with butter, sugar, and then milk on top after the cream of wheat has gotten a little bit hard so the milk stays on top in a pool....

**droooool**
I'm done moving. Unrepatriated back to the UK, here for good!

Angels are made out of Coffee Beans, Noodles, and Carbon.

http://flyingnunns.blogspot.com
http://coffeebeancards.etsy.com

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2004, 11:43:29 PM »
I thought that Semolina was Cream of Wheat.  I'm not positive because I wouldn't eat such a thing :-X but I had it in my head. 
Does anyone know?  Anyone?  Anyone?

• LisaE
  • A Brit in an American shell

• From Naples, FL to Melksham, Wilts. No contest.
    • Well House Consultants
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2004, 12:14:48 AM »
Hmm...I'm not sure I've ever had Cream of Wheat! I can picture it, though. I love the oats here...the Scottish oats being much better than Quaker's offering. I take those and add an equal protion of milk and an additonal half portion of water, then add butter and brown suger. Oh Yum. Have it almost every morning...usually treating myself to fresh blueberries mixed in. It is just about the best.

Okay...with Guernsey milk and Belgian butter...man, I love living here!
Married to Graham, we run our own open-source computer training company in beautiful Wiltshire out of our 1814 Georgian Regency home (a former lodging house and once featured in Antiques Roadshow)

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2004, 12:24:38 AM »
You know, I did try the semolina and liked it, but....alas, it is not Cream of Wheat!  :(

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2004, 07:39:19 AM »
Ohhh- I'd love to know if anyone finds Cream of Wheat.  :)
I eat it with butter in the center, brown sugar sprinkled on top and a little ring of milk around the edge hehe
Ohhh- Muesli is going to be a very cold breakfast today.. :P

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2004, 05:30:42 PM »
I think it is also called Farina?  I'll have to check around. Dang! I knew there was something I forgot to ship over!

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2004, 10:31:01 PM »
Cream of Wheat would have been a perfect start to the chilly morning!!  There is a shop in Marks Tey( near Colchester) that has some American goods. I will have a look for it the next time I am in there.

• Liked: 1
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2004, 10:44:32 PM »
You can get them online at both skyco and the Rosslyn Deli...

The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2004, 10:20:31 AM »
Thank you so much, everyone....I am going to look @ all the places you referred me to, although I live in the northeast and it may be more readily available in the south...not sure....well, in any event, we're going to America for our "American wedding" (Our 'English' one is THIS SATURDAY....omg) and I am most definitely buying a few boxes of my CREAM OF WHEAT AND....the tinned pumpkin, lol!   :P

Ahhh, cream of wheat and a cup of hot cocoa while sitting in front of a roaring fire on a brisk autumn's morn....sounds like a poem to me  ;)    xxx

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab