Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Advisory: Budgeting for Spouse/Fiance(e)/Unmarried Partner visas  (Read 51745 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: Advisory: Budgeting for Spouse/Fiance(e)/Unmarried Partner visas
« Reply #150 on: August 03, 2011, 09:21:55 AM »
In that case might be an idea to send your contract too to prove you work there, or get your employer to notarise your wage slips.

Love pads x

« Reply #151 on: August 03, 2011, 04:55:04 PM »
I spoke to HR and they are going to send me the payslips on headed paper.I would send the contract I ust worry they will see ending in November and think I will then be claiming benefits.

« Reply #152 on: August 06, 2011, 03:23:03 AM »
as long as you have something official will be fine love pads x

« Reply #153 on: August 10, 2011, 11:05:58 PM »
Got my payslips from work all on letter headed paper and signed.

Do I need to write down a budget to supply with my documents ?

« Reply #154 on: August 11, 2011, 06:48:13 PM »
We had a budget prepared but they didn't ask to see it at all - it can't hurt to draw one up though, even if it isn't necessary

« Reply #155 on: October 13, 2011, 11:48:16 AM »
I just found this in the new family consultation and it sheds more light on how the amount neccesary is calculated for the maitenance requirement:
I just found this in the new family consultation and it sheds more light on how the amount neccesary is calculated for the maitenance requirement:

Applying the current maintenance requirement In calculating whether a sponsor meets the current maintenance requirement, caseworkers follow a 5-stage process:

1. Establish the sponsor's current income: From evidence provided. The net income is established and if the income varies, an average is calculated. Disability living allowance can be included as income.

2. Establish the sponsor's current housing costs: From evidence provided.

3. Deduct the housing costs from the net income

4. Calculate how much the sponsor and his family would receive if they were on Income Support: The Income Support rates are increased annually.

Note that (a) if the sponsor has dependent children under 18, they will receive child tax credit32 in addition to personal allowances (cases pre-dating September 2005 will receive a personal allowance for each dependent child and a family premium); and (b) where the sponsor is aged 60 or over, the calculation should be based on the minimum guarantee pension credit rates, rather than Income Support.

5. Compare the sponsor's net income after deduction of housing costs with the equivalent Income Support rate

Example calculation
 Sponsor is a married man aged 40 asking for entry clearance for his wife and their 16 year old son. Sponsor's average weekly income is £300 and his weekly rent and council tax payments amount to £180.

Sponsor's net income £300.00
Less housing costs £180.00
Net income for comparison £120.00

Equivalent Income Support rates
Personal allowance for couple aged over 18 £105.95
Basic family rate £ 10.48 (£17.40 for legacy cases)
Tax credit for dependent child £ 49.13 (£57.57 for legacy cases)
Total Income Support rate for comparison £165.56 (£180.92 for legacy cases)

As the Income Support rate is higher than the net income, the sponsor would not meet the maintenance requirement.

Am I understanding that this is the formula to work out if a sponsor will work financially or not? Also does it apply to 3rd party support?

We want to get married. Im from US shes UK citizen. Shes a student though and only works part time. No student loans and still lives with family. We can live with my family there though. We already have for two years.

« Reply #156 on: October 22, 2011, 12:56:54 PM »
This was the part I lost most sleep over. My husband and I have NO savings at all. But he was in the military and will probably get a job without much problem - although in saying that he has been studying for the last 2 years and not working at all. 
I didn't send a budget as such, just payslips, utility bills and bank statements. I make about £950 a month after tax (which is a pretty low income I think) and I estimated my living costs at about £620 - the embassy were obviously satisfied with that - we got our visa approved after 24 hours (priority)!

I was so surprised. I was half expecting it to be denied due to lack of funds but I go to work, pay rent and my bills and was totally honest about it!

« Reply #157 on: November 21, 2011, 03:00:43 PM »
Hi...ok I havent even filled out or looked at the application yet. HOwever I'm only required to apply for a resident card since my boyfriend is an EEA and I am not (obviously). THis budget thing...how do you fill one out if you dont even have jobs there yet? I mean I cant work until I've gotten my national insurance number or whatever it's called (equivalent to SS#) and my boyfriend wont be looking and applying for jobs until we know for sure that I got accepted for the resident permit. Therefore, the application will be done and sent in way before any of the job seeking occurs. SO...what would we do? Use his current income? This is a bit confusing for me. Appreciate any clearing up on this matter. thanks!

Nikki

« Reply #158 on: November 22, 2011, 03:12:00 AM »
Hi...ok I havent even filled out or looked at the application yet. HOwever I'm only required to apply for a resident card since my boyfriend is an EEA and I am not (obviously). THis budget thing...how do you fill one out if you dont even have jobs there yet? I mean I cant work until I've gotten my national insurance number or whatever it's called (equivalent to SS#) and my boyfriend wont be looking and applying for jobs until we know for sure that I got accepted for the resident permit. Therefore, the application will be done and sent in way before any of the job seeking occurs. SO...what would we do? Use his current income? This is a bit confusing for me. Appreciate any clearing up on this matter. thanks!

Nikki

EEA Residence Permits/Cards have nothing to do with this particular topic as there is no proof of maintenance required. So you're worrying yourself over nothing. It would help if you reviewed the EEA Requirements and then go from there. There are various threads on UKY on this subject.

• Liked: 7
« Reply #159 on: June 13, 2012, 11:46:01 PM »
This thread will be obselete after the new rules come into effect.  Suggest it is deleted on or before 9th July so that people do not get confused.

• Trying to do this right on no money
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #160 on: September 03, 2016, 01:19:08 PM »
Is this thread obselete or can we go somewhere to see the updates on financial requirements? My partner is UK citizen on jobseeker's after a long disability (esa) so is having an extremely difficult time finding work (due to long employment gap). I'm a US citizen and we're desperate to find our options and understand the financial current requirements. I don't even know where to start bc every time we make headway, we find out we were chasing our tails.
We don't want to break the rules. We just want to be together.

Every day, I remember why I fell in love with him, I remember why I still am and I can see why I always will be.

• Liked: 3596
« Reply #161 on: September 03, 2016, 01:31:15 PM »
Is this thread obselete or can we go somewhere to see the updates on financial requirements? My partner is UK citizen on jobseeker's after a long disability (esa) so is having an extremely difficult time finding work (due to long employment gap). I'm a US citizen and we're desperate to find our options and understand the financial current requirements. I don't even know where to start bc every time we make headway, we find out we were chasing our tails.

I would suggest that it is obsolete, since everything posted before July 2012 will be essentially irrelevant now.

The best thing to do would be to create your own thread, detailing your situation, and with any questions you have, and then we can help and give advice based on your specific situation.

You can find all the details of the financial requirements and how to meet them here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/525708/Appendix_FM_1_7_Financial_Requirement.pdf

But it can be confusing, so don't hesitate to ask for clarification in a new thread :).

• Liked: 11
« Reply #162 on: September 03, 2016, 08:12:46 PM »
Hello, I'm new to this forum, so I hope I'm posting this question in the right place.  :)

How long does my fiancee need to be working at his current job for me to qualify for our visa?
He has a job right now that pays well and meets the current income requirements, however, he is thinking of switching to another job that will also pay well, but will that be a problem when applying for the fiancee visa? HELP!
I don't want to have to wait longer to be with him because of this issue. 😞

• Liked: 3596
« Reply #163 on: September 03, 2016, 08:15:27 PM »
Hello, I'm new to this forum, so I hope I'm posting this question in the right place.  :)

How long does my fiancee need to be working at his current job for me to qualify for our visa?
He has a job right now that pays well and meets the current income requirements, however, he is thinking of switching to another job that will also pay well, but will that be a problem when applying for the fiancee visa? HELP!
I don't want to have to wait longer to be with him because of this issue. 😞

This thread is several years old and until today, no one had posted in it in more than 4 years.

It'll probably be best if you create a new topic in the Visa section in which to ask your questions rather than putting them at the end of this thread :).

P.S. Welcome to the forum :)

• Liked: 11
« Reply #164 on: September 03, 2016, 08:52:52 PM »
Thank you ;D

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab